I've been reading online that Yahoo is supposed to be coming out with an applicatioin like Google Sync sometime this month, May 2009. Has anyone heard anything about it?

I currently use GMAIL and Google Sync. I love the Google Sync application. No need to worry about losing any events or contacts. But the GMAIL sync issues are getting to me where if I read them via a PC, it doesn't get marked as read on my BlackBerry.

So it's a race basically... If Yahoo gets this contact and calendar sync tool out before GMAIL fixes their sync issues, I'll probably be switching over to Yahoo. Good thing is that for those of us on ATT, we can get an @att.net email address that uses the Yahoo mail servers so we get all the benefits of two-way sync.

So, if anyone knows about the new application Yahoo is supposed to be releasing and when, please let us know.

Thanks in advance!!!
    05-20-09 08:43 PM
    Anyone heard anything?
    05-21-09 10:55 AM
    gk527, are you on BIS? Is it possible to sync to Google calendar when you are on BIS?

If yes, could you please elaborate on this. What is the setting "wireless syncronization" in BB calendar?

Thanks
    05-21-09 11:17 AM
    gk527, are you on BIS? Is it possible to sync to Google calendar when you are on BIS?

If yes, could you please elaborate on this. What is the setting "wireless syncronization" in BB calendar?

Thanks
    Yes, I'm on a BIS. Do a search for Google Sync. With it you can sync your Google calendar and Google contacts with your Blackberry. It is a wireless sync. Works great.
    05-21-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD