I have been reading til my eyes are crossed, I hope to understand what I thought I already knew.
    I want to completely leave yahoo email, realized today my first Z10 was under a different yahoo email than my later phones, why because I just didn't get it, and set up my first phone different erent than my first playbook, and THIS email I can no longer get into, partly why i hate yahoo.

I changed my BBID and got a confirmation request from BB do I really want to do this? and they said ok and sent me a confirmation email, and i knew i might lose the repurchase-free download on a bunch of apps I bought, but sooner or later it has to happen . . . i think.
    My other BlackBerrys are on a different ID but still yahoo.

I went for the Passport next, although by now i was realizing i don't know what I'm doing, I only know i have avoided setting up BlackBerry Protect on anything, so what could go wrong?

My Passport wasnt allowed to use that BBID, because, 'already in use!'

Well, yeah, i know that, i only have two BBID's but over ten BB devices.

So i stopped, stumped, defeated, and stupid-confused. Did the rules change somewhere along the way?

Can i switch two BlackBerry IDs to a single different one, knowing i might lose access to the apps i bought? My Z10 let me buy that adblocker app with my new ID as i didn't change billing info, however it seems to be confused and not quite sure if it should accept my sign-in I did restart the phone.

if i do nothing more, have i messed up my IDs on the phones not changed yet?

i just didn't know that i didn't know how it works. i might have to completely delete one of the old BBIDs?

ps: the adblocker seems to have destroyed the CrackBerry site, in a good way! It's the No Ads Adblocker that was right on the front center of BB World today.
    05-27-16 10:42 PM
    So, the easiest thing in your case, since you have so many devices, is to go on a desktop, log in to your BBid, and change the email account on it to one you want to use.

Then each device has to be factory wiped in order to accept the new id, don't forget to turn off blackberry protect first, or you'll literally never be able to use them again.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    05-27-16 11:11 PM
    Thanks, i was hoping having to switch email address alone wouldn't have to be that drastic. Part of my confusion is that it sure seemed to accept the username change on the Z10, but still BlackBerry World knows what apps it has and has deleted.
    05-28-16 12:08 AM
    Wait, there is an easier way: quote from BB website,
    "Note:*

Changing your*BlackBerry ID Username is not the same as switching to a completely different BlackBerry ID. If you want to use a different BlackBerry ID account on your device, you'll need to remove the current BlackBerry ID, then associate the new one."
    It finallIt finally dawned on me, the email I switched to allows for permanent extra aliases, so I can have two BB IDs and just one inbox to get info sent to. So my first mistake of having two BB IDs at least lets me keep all the apps I have bought. I will probably not be able to change the IDs on all the devices, but gradually switch them each time I want to switch, you know how it tells you you are switching to a new device?

Just thought I'd share the good news with others who don't know, if you just need to change your email, it can be done. I highly recommend Startmail although its not free you can have a trial period before buying its around $4-5 per month and I just pay a year at a time.

Good-Bye, Yahoo! Yahoo good-bye, ya-Hooo!

And PS again, the typing box in the forum went cattywompus again and I am cutting and pasting from my text box again. it is a huge lag time plus spaces not being felt plus double typing, a slowly-typed few words came out total gobblydegook on the page, but at least i am free of the data munching background video+audio ads now.
    05-28-16 01:10 AM
    Last remark and one confession: I posted this on a different device than I downloaded the adblocker on, so the adblocker DOES work and I AM just rummy : / So, to change Only your Email, aka your BlackBerry username too, just go to the BlackBerry ID thing under 'settings' and choose 'edit,' and just type in the email you wish to change to over the email you have. It will prompt you to be sure you know what you are doing, and you will get an emailed confirmation link, and ask for your BBID password to confirm, you're done, you still have your same password and all your apps, no need to wipe anything nor use a computer.
    05-28-16 01:38 AM
    Yes, it can be a bit hard to understand BBID implications... :-)

Glad you shared to help others.

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-30-16 09:05 PM