https://autos.yahoo.com/news/porsche...173039093.html

Porsche and BlackBerry Unveil New Phone, No One Lines Up

Get this, BlackBerry still makes cell phones. No, seriously, you can actually buy one with real money. And in light of the new iPhone 6 reveal, BlackBerry has teamed up with Porsche to create something that surely won?t sell at all.

It?s called the new P?9983 (catchy, right?), and it was created by Porsche Design in Austria as a sad attempt to cater to the brand?s luxurious clientele. It comes with a 4.2-inch display, an 8 megapixel camera, and 64 gigs of internal storage. If we?re being honest, it?s pretty comparable by stats alone to the current market of smartphones.

But why the heck is Porsche still putting its name on BlackBerry products? As BusinessWeek�points out, it?s all about the money. With a 10-year partnership in place, as BlackBerry continues its downward spiral, it?s likely the mobile company�will hemorrhage even more cash on partnership products like this, in hopes that Porsche will somehow rejuvenate the fallen brand.

This year, experts expect BlackBerry to fall below 1 percent of the mobile market share. As for Porsche ? sales are up, the new 918 supercar is a huge hit, and the Macan SUV is expected to be one the brand?s best selling vehicles.

So how much will one of these sweet new Porsche phones�set you back? $2,127. That?s right, insane people can pay more han $2,000 for a phone that hasn?t been relevant since 2003. If you need me, I?ll be over here with my new iPhone 6.
    Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-22-14 07:30 PM
    You know the old saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I think more people are using BlackBerry than are using Yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:35 PM
    wow. They really think the iPhone 6 launch phased us and now we're doing desperate attempts to sell phones. This should go on bb facts.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    09-22-14 07:38 PM
    Yahoo needs to worry about staying afloat

Posted via CB10
    lift, NYTOC83, LuisCast and 4 others like this.
    09-22-14 07:44 PM
    You know the old saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I think more people are using BlackBerry than are using Yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    Lol what's yahoo?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:48 PM
    Unfortunately a lot of people think that way. I was in the office and mentioned I was getting rid of my HTC and going to get a bb. This is the first time I've been attacked this way. They were like why ? And then one lady was like do they still make phones and she was serious. She asked me again I thought they stopped making phones 2 years ago. That is what bb is up against.

We asked 20 people at lunch if they heard about the bb passport and not one person said yes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-14 07:55 PM
    Not really a Yahoo! article, per se.
    Porsche and BlackBerry Unveil New Phone, No One Lines Up - Boldride.com

Incidentally, David Pogue, who as New York Times tech columnist gave the BlackBerry Z10 arguably its most rave mainstream review, heads up Yahoo! Tech now. With BlackBerry mindshare at the lowest it's been in maybe a decade, it'll be interesting to see if he acknowledges the Passport release or not.
    Last edited by Hlao-roo; 09-22-14 at 08:01 PM. Reason: [Grammar]
    09-22-14 07:57 PM
    Not really a Yahoo! article, per se.
    Porsche and BlackBerry Unveil New Phone, No One Lines Up - Boldride.com

Incidentally, David Pogue, who as New York Times tech columnist gave the BlackBerry Z10 arguably its most rave mainstream review, heads up Yahoo! Tech now. With BlackBerry mindshare at the lowest its been in maybe a decade, it'll be interesting to see if he acknowledges the Passport release or not.
    LOL. Don't waste your time saying it isn't a Yahoo article. They need a target.
    09-22-14 07:59 PM
    I found a very different article from yahoo.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/bl...153735021.html

It seems very fair to me

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-22-14 08:55 PM
    " If you need me, I'll be over here with my new iPhone 6."

Anyone else think he spends his Saturday nights alone with his phone?
    09-22-14 09:02 PM
    To be fair these Porsche phones are kind of silly...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:24 PM
    Lol what's yahoo?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly Last I checked no one ever said "oh I don't know the answer to that question. I'll just 'Yahoo' it".

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:34 PM
    People still use yahoo?

Posted via CB10
    jeroen_13 and Iblamesummers like this.
    09-22-14 09:39 PM
    People still use yahoo?

Posted via CB10
    I have a yahoo email, why not? Changing is too much trouble...

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky and MC_A_DOT like this.
    09-22-14 09:51 PM
    Yahoo thinks they will be able to better compete MS Office and Google Doc with the purchase of some doc company they just made. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:59 PM
    To be fair these Porsche phones are kind of silly...

Posted via CB10
    At least someone said it... but seriously, BB does not make the Porsche phones to be big sellers. The other guy said it though, and we all know it. Something needs to remind people that BlackBerry is still around and can make good phones. I hope that is what the Passport does. That way when the affordable phones come out people can at least know that BB is an option to look at when they are considering Apple, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
    09-22-14 10:12 PM
    wow. They really think the iPhone 6 launch phased us and now we're doing desperate attempts to sell phones. This should go on bb facts.

Posted via CB10
    No, the funny thing is that it seems that he just realized there is a Porsche designed phone (or at least he seems to think it is the first phone).
    Alpha Omega and anon(8908445) like this.
    09-22-14 10:15 PM
    I still think BlackBerry and Yahoo need each other. If Yahoo provided all the services for BB10, Yahoo might be relevant, and BB would have a nice set of support. I don't personally use Yahoo, but they would have more of a chance on BB10 than on Android (google services), or windows phone (Bing services). I suppose they can snuggle up with Apple, but still...
    GEO1ER and Iblamesummers like this.
    09-22-14 10:17 PM
    Unfortunately a lot of people think that way. I was in the office and mentioned I was getting rid of my HTC and going to get a bb. This is the first time I've been attacked this way. They were like why ? And then one lady was like do they still make phones and she was serious. She asked me again I thought they stopped making phones 2 years ago. That is what bb is up against.

We asked 20 people at lunch if they heard about the bb passport and not one person said yes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You should just respond to that lady asking if they still sold phones that you're not uneducated about technology like she obviously is. And be 100% serious about it. :-)
    epark88 likes this.
    09-22-14 10:22 PM
    I have a yahoo email, why not? Changing is too much trouble...

Posted via CB10
    Yah man, tell me about it. I've been trying to migrate myself to an outlook account, but so much crap still goes to my yahoo... It's tough. It might take me years to make the transition, lol. But ultimately I think I need to do it because frankly, yahoo email sucks...
    09-22-14 10:24 PM
    " If you need me, I'll be over here with my new iPhone 6."

Anyone else think he spends his Saturday nights alone with his phone?
    Now we all know you' re a perv !!

Posted on CB10 via my Snappy Z10
    09-22-14 10:42 PM
    Man,.. soon all these so called tech journalists will start to look dated by relying on the same old punch line. Can't they come up with another angle for their analysis? It's basically plagiarism over and over and over and over.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing and spike12 like this.
    09-22-14 10:52 PM
    Yahoo needs to worry about staying afloat

Posted via CB10
    As much as it bugs me how yahoo takes jabs at BlackBerry, as of last weeks IPO I don't think they are having that much of a problem staying afloat. In fact having to sell 40 percent of their share of Alibaba, I think they may have "a little" cash to throw around.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-22-14 10:53 PM
    I'm not mad, nor am I laughing, the author of the article is simply uneducated, despite selling less, BlackBerry is a profitable brand, he also has no idea that BlackBerry 10 even exists.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    09-22-14 11:02 PM
    Yahoo thinks they will be able to better compete MS Office and Google Doc with the purchase of some doc company they just made. Lol

Posted via CB10
    They just bought a company? Are they still relevant enough to be doing that? I honestly believed they where hanging on by a few strands of a string. Do people still use them and whatever services they have?

Z30 Powered By QNX
    09-22-14 11:45 PM
99 123 ...