Well, we've all heard somewhere that the bb is the "revolutionary email device". Now I'm running my email via logicmail app, but I've fiddled with a couple bb's native default app and I gotta ask myself..no folders? Even with an imap account via BIS...I can't access folders. What good is that? I'm not flaming it, I'm questioning the praticality off the bb "name".

Comments please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 03:02 AM
    I never use that address for anything at all. I'm sure people do
    but with 2 personal addresses, 2 work addresses and one dedicated
    to Moderator mail, it seems pointless to me. Always has from day one.

Changed thread title to avoid confusion from "push email" and
    the @blackberry.net address
    08-23-09 03:59 AM
    i have both my regular email and a blackberry.net email associated with my device. i really dont email too often, but have started to use my BB.net email address to store stuff i dont necessarily want cluttering my primary inbox. <shrugs>
    08-23-09 04:03 AM
    I think he meand blackberry email in general.
    I always thought the bb email was for people who needed their emails fast and to respond fast. The inbox folder is actually inbox and sent items in one folder.
    Speed is the blackberry strength and also bes, without it you're not using even half of what it can do I think.

08-23-09 04:12 AM
    same here....i dont really use mine nor give it out, i only use it to forward things to myself between email addresses
    08-23-09 04:12 AM
    I only have it because it's required for Smrtguard to work properly. Otherwise, I wouldn't even probably have one. *shrugs*
    08-23-09 04:13 AM
    What good is that? I'm not flaming it, I'm questioning the praticality of the bb "name".

Comments please.
    I think he meand blackberry email in general.
    That is clearly not the case. And it is "meant" not "meand"
    08-23-09 04:16 AM
    Wow, give a guy a break, I just woke up!
    One thing is for sure, the @blackberry. email is the fastest of all.

08-23-09 04:24 AM
    And by the way, I'd love to hear how good your romanian is

08-23-09 04:34 AM
    And by the way, I'd love to hear how good your romanian is
    My Romanian is nonexistent and push is push. No difference in speed
    for any of my accounts. They are all immediate.
    08-23-09 04:36 AM
    Some people have complained of delays and I've experienced them myself, my work email(solved by changed to imap) and gmail before this new update.
    Sometimes my work one would take as long as 15 minutes. Now it's exactly 7 seconds trough imap settings.
    Until yesterday my gmail was forwarding to my @blackberry.orange.co.uk, no need now.

08-23-09 04:57 AM
    I only use mine for certain things. Like if I am having a wallpaper sent from here or having something blackberry specific sent to my phone.
    08-23-09 05:01 AM
    One thing is for sure, the @blackberry. email is the fastest of all.
    That's not the case in my experience. I put an automatic forward on my emails to go to the carrier's address as I understood this was supposed to be faster but it was just the same as using my own address, 15 or 3 minutes. Sometimes my personal address sent me the mail before the carrier address so I've scrapped that idea as I now so no point to the carrier's address.
    08-23-09 10:59 AM
    My gmail emails come instantly. You can access folders in the BB email app. Go to your emails and click the BlackBerry key and scroll down to View Folders.

Where do I get a @bb email? I only have my @tmomail email. Also why do you guys forward your emails from gmail to other emails?

08-23-09 11:24 AM
    I use my @blackberry.net a lot for friends and family. But that's it, it is my own private never give to just anyone email.

08-23-09 11:44 AM
    I have 3 addys assigned to my own BlackBerry - all with different "@xxx" locations, and they all are near instantanious when it comes to receiving mail.

I'm sure I'll be exposing my ignorance of exactly how email accounts work with the BlackBerry servers, but I'm going to ask anyway -

Could it be the choice of carrier? Would that make a difference? Or possibly the server of the email client?

I'm just shooting arrows in the dark here. Yanno what - forget I said anything.
    08-23-09 12:00 PM
    yep, mine is @blackberry.orange.co.uk and i only get one
    08-23-09 12:15 PM
    ive used my bell.blackberry.net email once, its just too long i feel to give the email out as a daily email. When your hotmail one is shorter and easier to remember.
    08-23-09 12:37 PM
    I use my @blackberry.net a lot for friends and family. But that's it, it is my own private never give to just anyone email.

Ditto. I consider it my "stealth" email address and for BB-related stuff ONLY.

Then I have it set to forward ALL mail to one of my main addresses, so that I can keep a copy on the computer.
    08-23-09 01:15 PM
    Mine is @blackberry.orange.co.uk as well. I forwarded my mail to it as I understood it would be quicker than normal POP/IMAP (not IMAP_IDLE) but I understood wrong.

08-23-09 01:54 PM
    Hello again.
    Et me clear something up for the sake of myself...

The @blackberry.net address is carrier specific, correct? This is the one that is true instant push too? However, you could also have seperate icons for different inboxes right?

I guess I'm questioning the usefulness of the rim email client and the lack to see imap folders in seperate accounts. Am I stipid, or are they really there?

08-23-09 02:03 PM
    I have one but I don't really use it. My crackberry.com email account and my Facebook account is associated with my blackberry.net email address. You're paying for it so why not use it. Just makes sense to me.
    08-23-09 02:13 PM
    er..anyone answer the original questions?

"
    The @blackberry.net address is carrier specific, correct? This is the one that is true instant push too? However, you could also have seperate icons for different inboxes right?

I guess I'm questioning the usefulness of the rim email client and the lack to see imap folders in seperate accounts. Am I stipid, or are they really there?"

Thanks!
    08-23-09 05:22 PM
    Mine is @vzw.blackberry.net and I use it as my personal e-mail...it just makes me look cool haha
    08-23-09 06:27 PM
    er..anyone answer the original questions?

"

I guess I'm questioning the usefulness of the rim email client and the lack to see imap folders in seperate accounts. Am I stipid, or are they really there?"

Thanks!
    The @blackberry.... address will be carrier specific. I can't comment on whether it's instant push as for me it certainly wasn't

IMAP folders are not available under BIS. To be able to view and sync folders you would need to be using BES instead which will sync your entire mailbox. BIS only syncs your inbox and if you're using IMAP it also syncs your sent items one way (device to mailbox only)

08-24-09 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD