Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 155
Like Tree236Likes
  1. Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    #126  

    Default

    Played with it at CES. Meh. It's already fizzled. If you wanna launch big and gain traction, you need to be able to roll that baby out globally in a big time coordinated fashion. You'll see some carrier pick up on it. Probably not enough. iPhone, Galaxy devices, BB10... that's your 2013 (continued) and new big hits.

    I could be wrong of course. But probably not.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-20-2013) 
  2. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #127  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Played with it at CES. Meh. It's already fizzled. If you wanna launch big and gain traction, you need to be able to roll that baby out globally in a big time coordinated fashion. You'll see some carrier pick up on it. Probably not enough. iPhone, Galaxy devices, BB10... that's your 2013 (continued) and new big hits.

    I could be wrong of course. But probably not.
    I just wish they would add the nanotech to the assembly line on all phones, that's all.

    It would be so easy to do, like the Kevlar and splashguard coatings on the Moto Razr HD. That coating goes right through the device.
    jakie55 likes this.
  3. EsJayDee's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    #128  

    Default

    That is one beautiful looking phone.
    Please disregard my typos, I'm using Apple products.

    Can't Live Without Green If You Know What I Mean.
  4. Dapper37's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    #129  

    Default

    Nice looking phone, wish I could find one to play with.
    Who's giving out the "Righter of all Wrong's" degrees around here?
    Someone should have it up with their, "Hollyer than Thou" degree!
    Last edited by FanBlackBerrytastic; 01-21-2013 at 07:12 AM.
  5. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,428 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #130  

    Default

    I'll say this, can anybody remember one success waterproof/shock proof/dust proof phone? That's because it never matches the promise, the waterproof Nokia Sports I had certainly did not live to expectations.
  6. #131  

    Default Re: Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    What I am speaking to is lag or similar type experiences. The two types of issues tend to get combined. That is another type of misinformation. I'm tired of the word misinformation. Let's call misinformation kittens from now on.
    Nah.
    If you don't want to call them pushing misinformation let's use a correct synonym.....

    Fabrication.....
    Lie...
    Misrepresentation.....

    I prefer to use a term.that describes the action.
    Your preference may differ.

    And why should I accept misinformation about lag in my SGIII when I don't experience it?

    If I said that a full one third of 99xx devices nuke, as I experienced with the three out of my four, would you not correct that misinformation?



    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  7. #132  

    Default Re: Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by FanBlackBerrytastic View Post
    Who's giving out the "Righter of all Wrong's" degrees around here?
    Someone should have it up with their, "Hollyer than Thou" degree!
    Not sure.

    Might want to ask some of the experienced BB practitioners.

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (01-21-2013) 
  8. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,428 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #133  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I just wish they would add the nanotech to the assembly line on all phones, that's all.

    It would be so easy to do, like the Kevlar and splashguard coatings on the Moto Razr HD. That coating goes right through the device.
    Wouldn't that more or less make it impossible to fix though?
  9. Banco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    488 Posts
    #134  

    Default

    My mischievous thought of the day is that given the comments about potentially licensing BB10, I wonder what people here would say if this phone suddenly had a BB10 operating system on it...
  10. Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    #135  

    Default

    Again, at CES there were a bunch of companies showing off their waterproof coating technologies. Some were B2C, but a couple were B2B.. trying to sell to the OEMs. Will probably see more of this waterproofing come to devices.

    Makes sense.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (01-21-2013) 
  11. #136  

    Default Re: Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Banco View Post
    My mischievous thought of the day is that given the comments about potentially licensing BB10, I wonder what people here would say if this phone suddenly had a BB10 operating system on it...
    THAT WOULD BE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  12. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #137  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banco View Post
    My mischievous thought of the day is that given the comments about potentially licensing BB10, I wonder what people here would say if this phone suddenly had a BB10 operating system on it...
    Exactly. And it's not beyond the realms of possibility either sometime soon. I'd certainly like to see the great hardware of Sony and Nokia combined with BB10.
  13. jafrul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,302 Posts
    PIN
    2B5A11B6
    #138  

    Default Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Banco View Post
    My mischievous thought of the day is that given the comments about potentially licensing BB10, I wonder what people here would say if this phone suddenly had a BB10 operating system on it...
    lol... agree.

    as thorsten said, we have to prove the OS in our device first before licensing (or something like that) it...

    there ya go.. once it has proven its worth, i don't mind buying this (Sony) amazing 13MP waterproof BB10 device.

    and once its out, i wonder how many will drop blackberry's device and jump to Samsung or Sony BB10 devices..

    Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    _______________jf




    Wielding a BlackBerry STA100-2.


    BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..

    : subscribe to C001190A9
  14. playbookster's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,069 Posts
    #140  

    Default Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Is it even launching with the latest version of android?

    Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
  15. D_March's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,973 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,974 Global Posts
    #141  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Wasn't aware that pointing out the butchering of the English language to the point of being unintelligible was a personal attack, and since I wasn't the only one who mentioned it, I find it curious you aren't demanding apologies from everyone.

    Any comment on the entire back half of my post about whether OEM's should add the waterproofing nanotech to the assembly process?
    I already stated everyone should waterproof their devices. Now I've said it twice. It wasn't just what you said but how you said it. Feel free to continue to communicate that way. I was just pointing it out.
  16. D_March's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,973 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,974 Global Posts
    #142  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Nah.
    If you don't want to call them pushing misinformation let's use a correct synonym.....

    Fabrication.....
    Lie...
    Misrepresentation.....

    I prefer to use a term.that describes the action.
    Your preference may differ.

    And why should I accept misinformation about lag in my SGIII when I don't experience it?

    If I said that a full one third of 99xx devices nuke, as I experienced with the three out of my four, would you not correct that misinformation?



    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    If you have never experienced lag on your SIII then I'm happy for you. I said my piece on this and am done with it. The kittens comment was meant to be a light hearted joke.
  17. randall2580's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    986 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts
    #143  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andymclamb View Post
    Thx, So i will ask to All my friends Check their Devices Too cause Its Not only W me that Happens Is with every friend With Droid devices They Always claming About Freeze , With The S2 of my MOM always Freezin When She have One Call cmoming ,sorry But All the Users know That Android Freezes they dont have good memory Manager , WOW or maybe its Cause i live In brazil all the Droid Devices here Maybe Have come BUggy lol By the Way My s3 Always Stuck When I try to load Some heavy page In Dolphin browser dont take me seriously But I dont have Good Experience W Android even W high End Devices ...
    I own a GNote and GNexus and my experience is like the other Android users who are puzzled by your claim. I've never had trouble answering a call, a text or an email, and the OS is rock solid in both phones (JB on the GNex and ICS on the GNote).

    We had a similar claim a short time ago when an Android user claimed Maluba (a program available in the Play Store) was identified by his virus software as a virus. It was easily checked then as it is now. I would love that you give us the address of the "heavy page" that crashes Dolphin (a very good browser on Android and one I use daily without any trouble at all), give us the string of programs you find crashes your phone's OS.

    I promise you if I find your claim to be correct I will come back to this thread and deliver the mea culpa that would be deserved. I am sure the others who are dubious about the claim would do the same.

    If the OS was as buggy as all that, my belief is that there is no way Android would sell in the quantities it does. This OS is now 4 years old and if it was "laggy, buggy, crashy" as is claimed here all the time folks would tell their friends to stay away as they have on most poorly designed phones (and yes there have been some on Android - but more and more the modern high end phones are far from that). I had the pleasure to play with a Nexus 4 the other day and could not believe how incredibly fast that phone was, and was immediately jealous of it.

    ++

    And to back up Q's claims of 3 nuked BB7 phones - BB7 was the first time ever I needed BB customer service (one time I had to replace a trackball on the 8820 but I did that myself). First 9810 the slider came loose and eventually untenable. 2nd one died/nuked could not get it back on in spite of spending a half hour with customer service who didn't believe me when I told her I had tried everything she was about to tell me to do. My third has been fine till now.
  18. randall2580's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    986 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts
    #144  

    Default

    It is interesting that the Sony phones have never really come to the USA in any appreciable way as I believe Sony still has a good name in the USA.

    The previous generations camera on the Sony were universally panned, and that's why Sony reworked for this release. Whats absolutely amazing about that is I believe the the phones that are considered to have the best current cameras the iPhone 4S (the 5 had the flare issues so I didn't include it), and the GSIII both have Sony internals and were considered much better than the Sony phones for picture quality. Apparently the sensor is only part of what makes a great camera, what the phone's software does with that information seems to be equally important.

    I believe a lot of folks came away from CES with the same meh Kevin gave above.
  19. n8ter#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,263 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,311 Global Posts
    #145  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    It is interesting that the Sony phones have never really come to the USA in any appreciable way as I believe Sony still has a good name in the USA.

    The previous generations camera on the Sony were universally panned, and that's why Sony reworked for this release. Whats absolutely amazing about that is I believe the the phones that are considered to have the best current cameras the iPhone 4S (the 5 had the flare issues so I didn't include it), and the GSIII both have Sony internals and were considered much better than the Sony phones for picture quality. Apparently the sensor is only part of what makes a great camera, what the phone's software does with that information seems to be equally important.

    I believe a lot of folks came away from CES with the same meh Kevin gave above.
    This. Software matters - a LOT.

    As for CES, I barely pay attention to it anymore.
  20. wing2299's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    216 Posts
    #146  

    Default

    Emphasize on video & picture taking with good display - I'd rather take a water & shock proof digital camera.
  21. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,819 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #147  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wing2299 View Post
    Emphasize on video & picture taking with good display - I'd rather take a water & shock proof digital camera.
    Keep in mind this is just a leak and more features will be unveiled closer to its release, just like BB10. Did you say the same thing about BB10's time shift camera when it was first leaked?
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
  22. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #148  

    Default Re: Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Wouldn't that more or less make it impossible to fix though?
    Motorola doesn't seem to have that issue.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  23. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #149  

    Default Re: Xperia Z... Will BB play catch up once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    Exactly. And it's not beyond the realms of possibility either sometime soon. I'd certainly like to see the great hardware of Sony and Nokia combined with BB10.
    Heck, if someone comes up with a flash able ROM of Bb10 I'd flash it just to check it out. Why not?

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  24. Hawkeberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    595 Posts
    #150  

    Default

    Xperia Z seems very very interesting. Looks awesome, great screen and camera, dust and water resistant, walkman player.. Going by the views and likes on the youtube advertisement of Xperia Z, it is going to be quite popular
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will big Red catch up with Sprint and 7.1?
    By Betmen in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 06:28 PM
  2. Will RIM ever catch up?
    By Storm2Cool in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 10:10 AM
  3. RIM misses estimates marks trying to play catch up
    By CrackberryBrandon in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 10:02 PM
  4. why is the storm always playing catch up
    By m.ave in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
  5. When accessing the Internet, what will BB play?
    By threatt3661 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions