I have a 8350i which I have an 8gb memory card in. I store all of my media files on my card and the device automatically detects them. The only issue I've run into is with excel spread sheets. If they are saved on my memory card they are not detected (seems only to scan the internal memory) and there fore unreadable. I've got some rather large and data filled spread sheets so ideally I would not waste precious internal memory on them. Anyone know of a way to have these documents accessible while saved to my memory card?
    03-04-09 01:02 AM
    Docs 2 go would work for you, it could be on your phone already for accessing word docs and you might just need to register and upgrade to get the excel file reader.
    03-04-09 02:24 AM
    Thats a negative, my BB has word to go (for wrd docs), slide show to go(for pwr pt docs), and sheet to go (for excel sheets). The problem is not a lack of a document reader, I can save the files to me internal memory and open them just fine, but I want to be able to open them from my memory card (for memory saving purposes.)
    03-04-09 09:50 AM
    From the home screen go to Options>memory and make sure Media Card Support is "on" and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is "yes".
    03-04-09 10:20 AM
    Memory card support is definitely ON. All of my pictures etc are stored on it and visible in their respective folders.
    03-04-09 12:16 PM
    What's the path statement to your spreadsheets, they should be in the same folder as your word docs on your memory card. If not then when you fire up excel navigate to that folder and see if your ss are there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:55 PM
    Right, they are in the documents folder on the memory card (i dont have any word or ppt docs on there at all). The problem is, it seems that it will only let me navigate the folders of the internal memory, not the memory card.
    03-04-09 10:21 PM
    problem resolved. documents able to be located on memory card. (a bit of bb NooB user error)
    03-04-09 10:36 PM
    Well good I'm glad and it's good that that's all it was...I am too. I had that idea earlier that that was the problem but didn't want to ask.

I was just in the process of taking screen shots to show you the folder structure and how to back track, thanks for saving me that effort time wise. From how sheet to go loads you actually do have to go back to get to the device memory. If you do go back that far you'll see device memory and memory card as the two "main folders".

You might want to think about at least firing up DM, (Roxio) and take a look at the folder structure, it will allow you to see both main folders and the folder tree beneath both. Make sure your BB is connected to the pc or laptop.

You might want to check out a 3rd part file manager too if you have the need, there's a couple pretty good free ones around, BBFileScout is great and free.
    03-04-09 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD