Blackberry seriously needs to licence this phone.

ooooo my goodness i think i just creamed a little at that thought

CHEN! IF YOURE READING THIS !!!

DO IT YO

DO IT NOW!
    10-27-16 10:28 AM
    Their licence of devices is over... going forward they will licence out their IP.

4400 mAh battery.... that should last a little while.
    10-27-16 10:35 AM
    why? it is just a concept phone (not pass the full reliability test yet... wondering what happen to drop test with 8 corner, 6 face, 4 edges...full compliance for RF testing on EMI and THB test? try to sell replacement kit for display? bezel less, what is the advantage? please elaborate).
    10-27-16 10:38 AM
    why? it is just a concept phone (not pass the full reliability test yet... wondering what happen to drop test with 8 corner, 6 face, 4 edges...full compliance for RF testing on EMI and THB test? try to sell replacement kit for display? bezel less, what is the advantage? please elaborate).
    What do you mean concept phone. Its available in Nov. Useless in the US tho because it doesn't have all the GSM bands used here.

10-27-16 10:43 AM
    well its probably not going to happen given that it's not launching outside of china, but the fact that it exists means a dude from blackberry can get on a plane and go talk to Hugo over at Xiaomi HQ, make some business deal and shake hands, blackberry gets that mofo over here in NA, i think something that looks like that thing looks with a blackberry logo would 100% change people's perceptions of the BB brand, it would sell like crazy over here, plus you get all that blackberry security stuff bla bla...

THIS thing can literally put blackberry back in the mix (no pun intended) of things lol, only if they do it immediately, and not 3 years from now....

guess this is more of a .... hey this is it right here.... its not too late, and here's how to do it.... just do it....

but they wont.....

still creamed my pants thinking about it tho lol
    10-27-16 10:46 AM
    Yeah mi mix one awesome phone! I like it
    10-27-16 10:49 AM
    What do you mean concept phone. Its available in Nov. Useless in the US tho because it doesn't have all the GSM bands used here.
    Which is why I doubt we in the US will see another BlackBerry.... heck even the DTEK60 doesn't have all of AT&Ts bands. These Indonesian (and Indian and Chinese if they move forward) really have no reason to make the effort to release a phone compatible in the North American market. There are a number of phones... that we just never see here. As it cost a manufacture more to include those bands and frequencies, and they know that for the most part, consumers buy phones that Carrier's sell. The few outside that norm, just aren't worth the effort.
    10-27-16 10:55 AM

great. i guess we will know the field data soon (if someone read chinese).
    10-27-16 11:29 AM
    Which is why I doubt we in the US will see another BlackBerry.... heck even the DTEK60 doesn't have all of AT&Ts bands. These Indonesian (and Indian and Chinese if they move forward) really have no reason to make the effort to release a phone compatible in the North American market. There are a number of phones... that we just never see here. As it cost a manufacture more to include those bands and frequencies, and they know that for the most part, consumers buy phones that Carrier's sell. The few outside that norm, just aren't worth the effort.
    Xiaomi will send phones to the US also. 669 $ for the 4 GB version, 749 $ for the 6 GB 18K version.

http://xiaomi-mi.com/mi-mix/

Supported Frequencies,

2G bands:*GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
    3G bands:*HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    4G bands:*LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
    Speed:*HSPA, LTE
    GPRS: Yes
    EDGE: Yes
    10-27-16 01:34 PM
    Xiaomi will send phones to the US also. 669 $ for the 4 GB version, 749 $ for the 6 GB 18K version.

Xiaomi Mi MIX | Mi MIX

Supported Frequencies,

2G bands:*GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
    3G bands:*HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    4G bands:*LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
    Speed:*HSPA, LTE
    GPRS: Yes
    EDGE: Yes
    Have to wonder what is driving the move to 6GB and even 8GB on some other Android phone?

Is Android 8 going to be a major change? Are App developers asking for more?
    10-27-16 01:40 PM
    Have to wonder what is driving the move to 6GB and even 8GB on some other Android phone?

There was talk about Nougat needing at least 4 GB but never looked it up for confirmation
    10-27-16 02:18 PM

The same thing that drove them from 512mb to 1GB RAM, same thing that drove them from tiny 12MP Camera sensors to much larger 12MP Camera sensors etc etc... They have to constantly develop and convince OEMs to buy the newer, faster and larger RAM chips.

There was talk about Nougat needing at least 4 GB but never looked it up for confirmation
    LOL!!!!!!
    I can tell you now, wherever you read that were either wildly speculating or straight up liars.
    10-27-16 02:41 PM

Just like PCs, more ram makes up for un-optimized coding.
    10-27-16 02:42 PM
    That makes no sense considering we have Androids running with anything between 2GB RAM to 6GB RAM perfectly fine.
    10-27-16 03:10 PM
    That makes no sense considering we have Androids running with anything between 2GB RAM to 6GB RAM perfectly fine.
    You'll be able hold more apps+data resident in memory which reveals itself in the speed you can switch between multiple apps. Course the reason why more is better, (probably 4GB like in the Pixel is the upper limit where it makes sense) is that apps are bloated in the first place.
    10-27-16 03:20 PM
    You'll be able hold more apps+data resident in memory which reveals itself in the speed you can switch between multiple apps. Course the reason why more is better, (probably 4GB like in the Pixel is the upper limit where it makes sense) is that apps are bloated in the first place.
    Phones like the Nexus 5X, Xperia Z5 Compact, Huawei Mate 7 etc... Do a great job with just 2GB RAM, so not quite sure what you're on about.
    10-27-16 03:27 PM
    I decided to google....

Seems the reasons are...

1) Android uses a lot of JAVA coding which is a problem for memory releasing. (biggest reason Apple doesn't have this problem)
    2) Some OEMS have added so much customizations.. that just the OS uses almost 2GB (Samsung Note 7), without any apps is 1.7GB
    3) Some Apps (Games) today really need a good amount of RAM to run correctly.
    4) People relate more as better, so 8GB might push someone to pick one phone over another.
    5) Future Proofing... people are keeping phones longer and longer. Hard to say in three years what amount of RAM will be needed for Android, let alone two or three apps running in the background

Based on what I saw, 3GB isn't out of the question today... 4 might be better depending on what OEM's setup you have and what your usage is like. But that in a few years, it possible the 6GB might be the norm. So buying a 6GB phone today might allow you to use three or four years (or more).

There was a time I bought a new PC every two years.... It's been almost six years at this point. And it's clear that there are a number of BBOS users that are rocking some pretty old phones... BlackBerry didn't sell that many post BB10, BBOS devices.
    10-27-16 03:35 PM
    Phones like the Nexus 5X, Xperia Z5 Compact, Huawei Mate 7 etc... Do a great job with just 2GB RAM, so not quite sure what you're on about.
    Great is a subjective sense from a user perspective. Alot of people think PRIV 'does a great job' but app switching from it and Pixel for instance is very noticeable. Yes Pixel has a faster SOC but memory plays a large part too. Once full Dtek60 reviews come online you'll see this as well.
    10-27-16 03:40 PM
    I decided to google....

Seems the reasons are...

1) Android uses a lot of JAVA coding which is a problem for memory releasing. (biggest reason Apple doesn't have this problem)
    2) Some OEMS have added so much customizations.. that just the OS uses almost 2GB (Samsung Note 7), without any apps is 1.7GB
    3) Some Apps (Games) today really need a good amount of RAM to run correctly.
    4) People relate more as better, so 8GB might push someone to pick one phone over another.
    5) Future Proofing... people are keeping phones longer and longer. Hard to say in three years what amount of RAM will be needed for Android, let alone two or three apps running in the background

Based on what I saw, 3GB isn't out of the question today... 4 might be better depending on what OEM's setup you have and what your usage is like. But that in a few years, it possible the 6GB might be the norm. So buying a 6GB phone today might allow you to use three or four years (or more).

There was a time I bought a new PC every two years.... It's been almost six years at this point. And it's clear that there are a number of BBOS users that are rocking some pretty old phones... BlackBerry didn't sell that many post BB10, BBOS devices.
    This is all down to what phone you use, an Xperia Z5 Compact performs well, so does a Huawei Mate7 and Nexus 5X with 2GB RAM, and can run equally as good as a 3 or 4GB RAM Android with a heavy UI.
    10-27-16 03:53 PM
    Is there a memory slot? 4-6 gig might be a necessity.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 04:24 PM
    always the case when a company (google or microsoft) does not have or care about hardware restriction... anything goes... as long as you are dominate the market... (microsoft get into hardware and become much better aware of the price sensitivity of hardware and come out much better software/hardware now.. like the surface dail).
    10-27-16 06:58 PM
    No they don't. Not when compared to 4 and 6 gb flagships

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-16 05:37 PM

I guess the field data showed exactly what expected... design to be able to break with bezel-less... as predicted... Science is very cruel thing, it didn't change if you are on this half of the earth or the other side... (wait... may be it not breaking in Asia? The damn NA hands just too slippery). This photo of a cracked Mi Mix is crushing my bezelless dreams - The Verge
    11-08-16 01:07 PM
    My Passport replacement. If only we could get it in the US. Add BB Hub+, side load BB Keyboard by Colbalt. The closest thing to a VKB Passport
    11-08-16 01:21 PM
    My Passport replacement. If only we could get it in the US. Add BB Hub+, side load BB Keyboard by Colbalt. The closest thing to a VKB Passport
    if they can pass the drop test of carrier... if not, you better get it from china...
    11-08-16 01:59 PM
33 12