I've started using my blackberry data plan for WIFI access on my laptop. I'd like to drop my home internet service, as I notice very little lag between using BB and my home wireless network. Only problem is I'd lose internet access for xbox live - which I currently have hard-wired. Is there any way I can connect the BB to a wireless router or directly to the xbox for playing live?
    08-25-09 07:23 PM
    None that I've yet heard of but its a good question and worth looking further into or working on creating if possible!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 11:29 PM
    I'm not tech savy but I'm thinking a WHOLE LOT of data would be streaming and then you would get some kind of overage charge (even though it's says unlimited in most cases) Isn't there some kind of cap they enforce now?????
    08-31-09 07:10 AM
    not on tmo...I cant speak to sprint
    08-31-09 11:56 AM
    not on tmo...I cant speak to sprint

REALLY?????? Point me in the direct where i can check this out. I have to rethink the whole xbox issue now
    09-01-09 12:40 PM
    lemme search it Ill post it when I get it.......I specifically remember my discussion with TMO BB TECH support and as og 9/1/09 no data limit......
    09-01-09 07:41 PM
    lemme search it Ill post it when I get it.......I specifically remember my discussion with TMO BB TECH support and as og 9/1/09 no data limit......

HURRY UP... I have games to play.....LMAOLMAOLMAO
    09-02-09 06:08 PM
    okok ...no....no tethering permitted....sorry
    09-02-09 06:21 PM
    For T-Mobile there is thethering and no data limit, but you wouldn't be able to do anything on XBoX live because of the lag and not to mention the data bandwidth. With the BB's they have, we only get EDGE speeds and its basically dial-up.
    09-04-09 11:22 AM
    For T-Mobile there is thethering and no data limit, but you wouldn't be able to do anything on XBoX live because of the lag and not to mention the data bandwidth. With the BB's they have, we only get EDGE speeds and its basically dial-up.
    tether to my laptop, internet connection sharing to my xbox

With tether for blackberry i was able to play online MW2.
    i used a FAL and in a few minutes my K/D was 5/7

i suck with the fal and the chat was flawless(oh the irony)

but yeah
    it works
    al-bit slow but it works
    (edit)
    OMG I JuST NOTICED THE TIME THIS WAS POSTED- I AM SO SORRY
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 03-14-10 at 08:08 PM.
    03-14-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD