Anybody have any word on if they are going to fix this. I'm talking mainly BB to iPhone and BB to droid. I think we can all agree that it sucks you send a msg and no d or r. Texting is wayyyy faster which kind of defeats the purpose of it. Also BlackBerry has been radio silent on X-platform BBM video. Just very frustrating the focus should be on enterprises yes, but the more BlackBerry can get and keep ppl on BBM the more $$$ they make. Video, channels, better contact adding, real time notifications when the person is NOT using their phone!!! No more sob stories just get it done simple. My friends routinely text me instead of bbm because they feel it's faster because they don't get notifications until they pick up their phone. The new iPhone update did not address this issue. Step your game up. The Passport launch needs to be more than a device launch it needs to be a Brand re-launch and BBM BlackBerry's showpiece needs to be immaculate.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 12:39 PM
    Not sure what you are getting on here. I get the D and R whenever I message everyone of my Droid and Apple buddies.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 08:15 PM
    Me too.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 08:19 PM
    Mine works, only complaint is that iPhone users can't change the notification sound, and BBM notification is very quiet by default.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 08:35 PM
    It's less reliable when iOS users close the app from the multitasking screen. I imagine there is some similar thing when Droids use task killers.

For the iOS users in my house, they get the notification in the pull down, but if they killed the app and don't open BBM to reply, it looks like they never got it.

So if the notification tells them everything they need to know, they don't open the app, and we never know it got delivered.

Or the app is running, and the toast gives them the whole message, they never open the app to reply, and we never get an R.

Either way, I think they need to truncate the notifications.
    08-16-14 09:21 PM
    Don't have the R and D issues with friends with IOS and Android. They seem to enjoy BBM.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-16-14 09:23 PM