Because that's all it is.. You must lug around a suitcase of tech when you could have one device do it all..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That's one opinion. I don't have one but I imagine most find them much easier to read than an LCD
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-08-12 04:06 PM
    Universal Search is there. Look for it in the settings of Google Now.

http://i.imgur.com/YM52U.png

edit: About 30 million sold.
    Can you search from the home screen? (Actually wondering, not being sarcastic)
    12-08-12 04:08 PM
    Because that's all it is.. You must lug around a suitcase of tech when you could have one device do it all..

I know people with ipads who still prefer to read from their black and white kindle. They prefer the experience and the screen for reading. Most folks are not looking for one device to do everything.
    12-08-12 04:09 PM

When's the last time you had an ereader in your hand? Lol

You don't "lug" an ereader around and it goes on for over a month on one charge. Plus your eyes don't get sore. I can't read for longer then 30 minutes on the PlayBook.
    12-08-12 04:10 PM
    I'm sorry, how is an ereader useless?
    Not exactly useless but it's redundant if you have a capable tablet. You would have been better off buying Amazon stock, or RIMM for that matter.

Reasons?
    1. Most manuals, textbooks, and yes, a lot of books are PDFs. eReaders like Paperwhite is next to useless for PDFs.
    2. Why carry a second device? Why replicate your books across devices?
    3. Text to speech. I can listen to my books, read out to me with a very passable voice, while I'm driving or at the gym.
    4. Color graphics.
    5. Can't read graphic novels on a Paperwhite. I read a lot of comic books.
    12-08-12 04:10 PM
    It IS AWESOME!!!! Not too big...

I think going to the London will be very easy....been using my iPhone A LOT. Now this one.....I wonder how the predictive text on it will be. This keyboard is NICE.

Transition to all touch all the time will be easy.

Jelly Bean ROCKS!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    It is nice, isn't it? Does much better than Gingerbread. .
    12-08-12 04:11 PM
    Yes, you can set up a widget for it on the home screen.
    12-08-12 04:13 PM
    Sure, just put the search widget on the home screen.
    I've also set up a gesture, available when I'm inside any app, which allows me to search. It's rather handy.
    On the times when I have the BT keyboard, I can immediately start typing on the home screen because the search widget has focus. I use this for launching apps a la Windows 8/MacOS Spotlight.
    12-08-12 04:15 PM
    yes you can have search from the homescreen (all of them or just the screen you want)
    12-08-12 04:16 PM
    Not exactly useless but it's redundant if you have a capable tablet. You would have been better off buying Amazon stock, or RIMM for that matter.

Reasons?
    1. Most manuals, textbooks, and yes, a lot of books are PDFs. eReaders like Paperwhite is next to useless for PDFs.
    2. Why carry a second device? Why replicate your books across devices?
    3. Text to speech. I can listen to my books, read out to me with a very passable voice, while I'm driving or at the gym.
    4. Color graphics.
    5. Can't read graphic novels on a Paperwhite. I read a lot of comic books.
    I think that's just preference. A tablet is redundant if you have a laptop. But we still like to buy them.
    12-08-12 04:17 PM
    I was referring to you needing a laptop, two ereaders, a PB, etc instead of one capable device..

12-08-12 04:17 PM
    And a screenshot is as easy as it gets. Swipe the edge of your hand across like you're wiping crumbs off a table, and. Voila! Share is right at the top.
    12-08-12 04:25 PM
    I was referring to you needing a laptop, two ereaders, a PB, etc instead of one capable device..

You simply can't read for as long on a tablet and a tablet is useless for reading in sunlight.

Judging by the success of the Kindle, a lot of people agree with me.

The only real alternative to an ereader is a paper book.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-08-12 04:30 PM
    I have discovered thst Tapatalk does NOT play well on this phone...
    Can't losd s screenshot....

LOVE cspturing s screenshot by wiping the screen with your hand
    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-08-12 04:31 PM
    I have discovered thst Tapatalk does NOT play well on this phone...
    Can't losd s screenshot....

LOVE cspturing s screenshot by wiping the screen with your hand
    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    You have an s and a issue to work out.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-08-12 04:37 PM
    You have an s and a issue to work out.
    THE *S* issue!!!!!!
    12-08-12 04:39 PM
    She'll get used to it.
    12-08-12 04:40 PM
    Pssst Q, try SwiftKey!
    12-08-12 04:43 PM
    Pssst Q, try SwiftKey!
    Ditto. Try Flow too!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-08-12 04:45 PM
    who care, it looks best on BB10 anyways
    12-08-12 04:48 PM
    Pssst Q, try SwiftKey!
    Agree. Awesome virtual keyboard.
    12-08-12 04:49 PM
    I can't help but see a parallel between the RIM faithful here and the former RIM leadership team: discounting the competition and the strides they're making. Calling things gimmicky and unintuitive thinking there's a better way. Not taking into consideration that these are real and actual threats. When BB10 was leaked all those months ago it really seemed like it was a monster device. Now, RIM has to take all the competition has done over the last few months into consideration as well. I really doubt any innovation has ever taken place by completely dismissing the competition.
    12-08-12 04:51 PM
    I can't help but see a parallel between the RIM faithful here and the former RIM leadership team: discounting the competition and the strides they're making. Calling things gimmicky and unintuitive thinking there's a better way. Not taking into consideration that these are real and actual threats. When BB10 was leaked all those months ago it really seemed like it was a monster device. Now, RIM has to take all the competition has done over the last few months into consideration as well. I really doubt any innovation has ever taken place by completely dismissing the competition.
    I absolutely wholeheartedly agree the whole post, and particularly with the bolded....

People are talking about BB10 as if the rest of the field has stood still. Samsung has not been sitting around, and don't discount Apple.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-08-12 05:09 PM
    Come on guys lets not invite trouble! Can we discuss this WITHOUT getting personal, or do I need to shut it down?
    12-08-12 05:09 PM
    Universal Search is there. Look for it in the settings of Google Now.

http://i.imgur.com/YM52U.png

edit: About 30 million sold.
    Thanks, I was looking for these settings but didn't know where to find them. You should also download Gesture Search from the play store; I never type my searches anymore.
    12-08-12 05:11 PM
119 ... 2345