Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79
Like Tree89Likes
  1. mrfreetruth's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    870 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default WP8 users problems good for RIM?

    Microsoft seems to be having countless problems and one doesn't know where to begin with their windows 8 OS ,surface and now window phone 8. Do you think WP8 user problems will be good for RIM?
    Windows Phone 8 users report random reboots and battery issues | The Verge


    Gmail and Windows Phone 8 bug plagues smartphones
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/11/gma...s-smartphones/
  2. mrfreetruth's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    870 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

    Default

    Teenager causes red-faces at Microsoft with Windows Phone 8 trojan
    Teenager causes red-faces at Microsoft with Windows Phone 8 trojan | News | TechRadar
  3. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Keep searching for bad news that makes you feel better....

    And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional.
    Thanked by:
    mu4e (11-18-2012) 
    waker likes this.
  4. digitalman101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    662 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Nah... Pretty sure bb10 will have its own hiccups. And by february, some of wp8 issues will be solved.
  5. jagrlover's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    609 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Keep searching for bad news that makes you feel better....

    And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional.

    The only assumption made here was by you. The OP just states that their problems could be good for RIM, not that BB10 would be flawless.
    bbecause it's bbetter
  6. sk8er_tor's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,810 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,812 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    For those who are so quick to defend the competition, my question to you is: where are you when others are bashing RIM?
    Thanked by 2:
    Jonesy1966 (11-18-2012) 
    sf49ers, sam_b77, Dapper37 and 4 others like this.
  7. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er_tor View Post
    For those who are so quick to defend the competition, my question to you is: where are you when others are bashing RIM?
    Possibly waiting quietly for a RIM product they can defend?

    What is there to defend right now? RIM has no product on the market that can compete with any high end smartphone from the competition. It seems like the market made its decision with the PB as well, even with its huge discounts.

    I've been waiting since the 9000 for what BB10 will bring (back when the first Bold Touch rumors came to be). I've been watching closely while the competition moves forward and RIM sat still. I can't wait for BB10. I hope it puts an end to all the bashing because if it doesn't, it will possibly be the end of RIM.

    Where was the RIM bashing when the 9000 came out? Basically non existent. Want to know why? It's the last smartphone RIM put out that was highly competitive for its time. If BB10 and the devices it is on are successful, I am sure the same thing will happen.
    Thanked by 3:
    thp007 (11-18-2012) 
    Roo Zilla, Rello, waker and 3 others like this.
  8. mrfreetruth's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    870 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er_tor View Post
    For those who are so quick to defend the competition, my question to you is: where are you when others are bashing RIM?
    I think we all know the answer to that. You have people who pose as blackberry fans but bash it every chance they get . The fact is WP8 is onto a very rocky start with countless issues. I hope that WP8 with all it's countless problems can sell well.

    "Keep searching for bad news that makes you feel better....

    And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional."

    Good so I can assume that when BB10 comes out we won't have people pointing out problems ? Right?
    Thanked by:
    LuvULongTime (11-18-2012) 
  9. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default Re: WP8 users problems good for RIM?

    It ia extremely probably that people will find issues when they get new bb10 devices. I'm so confident in this that I can list some ahead of time.
    After seeing problems every phone gets during launch its probable that bb10 devices will have some of those issues.

    1. App selection sucks (got over hyped)
    2. Variety of battery issues
    3. Some type of build quality issue.
    4. People don't like the ui layout
    5. Over heating
    6. There is a piece of dust under my screen
    7. My camera is blurry
    8. Phone gets hot
    9. Screen sucks in sunlight
    10. What I thought this phone could drive my car?

    Anyways, there will always be someone complaining about something!
  10. whitbags's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    395 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post

    Good so I can assume that when BB10 comes out we won't have people pointing out problems ? Right?
    Good point, well made.
  11. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Only RIM can cause RIM to succeed. Hoping that others fail will not do it. There is no need to remind everyone that RIM has nothing no to defend. They know that.
    Will BB 10 succeed? Who knows. The product will be nice. It will be different and new. But will it be enough?

    Only time will tell.

    In the meantime, other companies are turning out new products weekly.
  12. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    MrFreeTruth - For someone who doesn't know anyone with a Windows Phone (you have stated that in ALL CAPS several times) you seem to know a lot about the problems.
    And yet, somehow, it is sold out at retail stores. I went to two today - got some very nice accessories (wireless charging is great) and I haven't experienced the problems you are crowing about.

    Wait for BB 10. Then gloat.
    Roo Zilla and mikeo007 like this.
  13. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,535 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    Microsoft seems to be having countless problems and one doesn't know where to begin with their windows 8 OS ,surface and now window phone 8. Do you think WP8 user problems will be good for RIM?
    Windows Phone 8 users report random reboots and battery issues | The Verge


    Gmail and Windows Phone 8 bug plagues smartphones
    Gmail and Windows Phone 8 bug plagues smartphones | Ubergizmo
    I'm not nuts about depending on the competition to fail; you can't always count on that.

    I think Microsoft is trying to do something very ambitious here: they want to consolidate the codebase for mobile, tablet, and desktop environments, and in that regard they may have bit off a little more than they can actually chew. I personally like Windows 8 quite a bit, but it seems that it has heavily polarized not just the tech community, but consumers as well.

    Were I MS, I'd be worried that consumer acceptance of the "Metro" (or "Modern UI" to use their own term) look has been poisoned by the negative response to Win8; that won't help the phones at all.
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (11-18-2012) 
    howarmat, sf49ers and Dapper37 like this.
  14. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,139 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    It ia extremely probably that people will find issues when they get new bb10 devices. I'm so confident in this that I can list some ahead of time.
    After seeing problems every phone gets during launch its probable that bb10 devices will have some of those issues.

    1. App selection sucks (got over hyped)
    2. Variety of battery issues
    3. Some type of build quality issue.
    4. People don't like the ui layout
    5. Over heating
    6. There is a piece of dust under my screen
    7. My camera is blurry
    8. Phone gets hot
    9. Screen sucks in sunlight
    10. What I thought this phone could drive my car?

    Anyways, there will always be someone complaining about something!
    With the (possible) exception of #1, that list could apply to practically ANY electronic device.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    kbz1960 likes this.
  15. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Re: WP8 users problems good for RIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    With the (possible) exception of #1, that list could apply to practically ANY electronic device.
    Yes and I clearly stated that but it will akso apply to the bb10 devices, people will ALWAYS find something to complain about.
  16. GreenLeaf182's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    It may be good for rim. I just bought a Lumia 920 last week. The battery only lasts me around 10 hours with moderate use. I am returning it on Tuesday. I love the UI of the os, i think it looks nicer then BB10 but I cant handle such a poor battery.
  17. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: WP8 users problems good for RIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leafs182 View Post
    It may be good for rim. I just bought a Lumia 920 last week. The battery only lasts me around 10 hours with moderate use. I am returning it on Tuesday. I love the UI of the os, i think it looks nicer then BB10 but I cant handle such a poor battery.
    You do realise that any device over 4" has terrible battery. In fact you have to lower the brightness to nothing, turn off all location services, turn off unnecessary antennas WiFi Nfc Bluetooth and carry a charger or extra battery. It's the way lf the future until improved technology comes about. Its not the Lumia, they're all like that. And 10 hours on a phone like that is pretty amazing.
    Thanked by:
    Drew808 (11-18-2012) 
  18. dentynefire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,413 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Keep searching for bad news that makes you feel better....

    And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional.
    I don't think that BB10 will be flawless but with Windows its the same old problems.
  19. TRlPPlN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    405 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    man after reading some comments wp8 and bb's are like the black sheep of smart phones. some of those comments are just plain ignorant...lol
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
  20. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I turned off Background updating of Live Tiles and got my battery life to about 12 hours on a charge.
    YMMV - every phone is different due to the applications mix. And there are a lot of WP8 applications. I even have Skype. Works really nicely.
    Discovered that GroupMe was eating up the battery. Easy solution - deleted it.
  21. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default Re: WP8 users problems good for RIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    I turned off Background updating of Live Tiles and got my battery life to about 12 hours on a charge.
    YMMV - every phone is different due to the applications mix. And there are a lot of WP8 applications. I even have Skype. Works really nicely.
    Discovered that GroupMe was eating up the battery. Easy solution - deleted it.
    Yes, users have to be responsible and know their devices. You cant just run everything and then complain when the battery dies in two hours.
  22. ubizmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,858 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BD8C4F9
    #22  

    Default

    To answer the question whether WP8 problems are good for RIM, you have to ask another question: How many of those who are either disappointed with WP8 or scared off by the problems are likely to wait for BB10, as opposed to getting an iPhone or Android device. If that number is small, as I suspect it is, then RIM doesn't stand to gain much by WP8's woes.
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (11-19-2012) 
    howarmat, waker and Jonesy1966 like this.
  23. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,590 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    WP8 problems are probably better for Android than RIM. If you need a phone now, and decide that the WP8 problems are a dealbreaker, what do you see at the store? Android. By the time BB10 is available, still 2+ months away at the minimum, there's a good chance those problems will be fixed via updates. At which point the current problems with WP8 become moot.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
  24. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,539 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    You do realise that any device over 4" has terrible battery. In fact you have to lower the brightness to nothing, turn off all location services, turn off unnecessary antennas WiFi Nfc Bluetooth and carry a charger or extra battery. It's the way lf the future until improved technology comes about. Its not the Lumia, they're all like that. And 10 hours on a phone like that is pretty amazing.
    Well BB runs on QNX so its proccesing is a different ball game to those other phones and OS's.Anyway on battery front we are apparently gonna have the option to remove the back so we wont be stuck with dying batterys long term we can buy new batts or even ones with more juice lucky us.
    sf49ers likes this.
  25. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default Re: WP8 users problems good for RIM?

    Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Well BB runs on QNX so its proccesing is a different ball game to those other phones and OS's.Anyway on battery front we are apparently gonna have the option to remove the back so we wont be stuck with dying batterys long term we can buy new batts or even ones with more juice lucky us.
    It's exactly the same when it comes to what causes battery drain.
    Roo Zilla and OniBerry like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Used Blackberry good for RIm?
    By FirstBerry101 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM
  2. Apple Win Looking Very Good For RIM !!!
    By morganplus8 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
  3. Losing 5000 future sales does not look good for RIM
    By blackhawksfan75 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
  4. #1 for blackberry users, or #1 for RIM?
    By qingyuank in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions