Microsoft seems to be having countless problems and one doesn't know where to begin with their windows 8 OS ,surface and now window phone 8. Do you think WP8 user problems will be good for RIM?
    Windows Phone 8 users report random reboots and battery issues | The Verge

Gmail and Windows Phone 8 bug plagues smartphones
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/11/gma...s-smartphones/
    11-18-12 09:42 AM
    Teenager causes red-faces at Microsoft with Windows Phone 8 trojan
    Teenager causes red-faces at Microsoft with Windows Phone 8 trojan | News | TechRadar
    11-18-12 09:47 AM
    Keep searching for bad news that makes you feel better....

And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional.
    waker and mu4e like this.
    11-18-12 09:54 AM
    Nah... Pretty sure bb10 will have its own hiccups. And by february, some of wp8 issues will be solved.
    11-18-12 10:24 AM

And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional.

The only assumption made here was by you. The OP just states that their problems could be good for RIM, not that BB10 would be flawless.
    ubizmo, zyben, Dapper37 and 6 others like this.
    11-18-12 10:38 AM
    For those who are so quick to defend the competition, my question to you is: where are you when others are bashing RIM?
    zyben, Dapper37, sam_b77 and 5 others like this.
    11-18-12 10:48 AM
    For those who are so quick to defend the competition, my question to you is: where are you when others are bashing RIM?
    Possibly waiting quietly for a RIM product they can defend?

What is there to defend right now? RIM has no product on the market that can compete with any high end smartphone from the competition. It seems like the market made its decision with the PB as well, even with its huge discounts.

I've been waiting since the 9000 for what BB10 will bring (back when the first Bold Touch rumors came to be). I've been watching closely while the competition moves forward and RIM sat still. I can't wait for BB10. I hope it puts an end to all the bashing because if it doesn't, it will possibly be the end of RIM.

Where was the RIM bashing when the 9000 came out? Basically non existent. Want to know why? It's the last smartphone RIM put out that was highly competitive for its time. If BB10 and the devices it is on are successful, I am sure the same thing will happen.
    11-18-12 11:26 AM
    I think we all know the answer to that. You have people who pose as blackberry fans but bash it every chance they get . The fact is WP8 is onto a very rocky start with countless issues. I hope that WP8 with all it's countless problems can sell well.

"Keep searching for bad news that makes you feel better....

And you really assume that the BB 10 launch will be flawless and there will be no problems with a brand new OS running on new hardware. Delusional."

Good so I can assume that when BB10 comes out we won't have people pointing out problems ? Right?
    11-18-12 02:39 PM
    It ia extremely probably that people will find issues when they get new bb10 devices. I'm so confident in this that I can list some ahead of time.
    After seeing problems every phone gets during launch its probable that bb10 devices will have some of those issues.

1. App selection sucks (got over hyped)
    2. Variety of battery issues
    3. Some type of build quality issue.
    4. People don't like the ui layout
    5. Over heating
    6. There is a piece of dust under my screen
    7. My camera is blurry
    8. Phone gets hot
    9. Screen sucks in sunlight
    10. What I thought this phone could drive my car?

Anyways, there will always be someone complaining about something!
    11-18-12 02:55 PM

Good so I can assume that when BB10 comes out we won't have people pointing out problems ? Right?
    Good point, well made.
    11-18-12 03:19 PM
    Only RIM can cause RIM to succeed. Hoping that others fail will not do it. There is no need to remind everyone that RIM has nothing no to defend. They know that.
    Will BB 10 succeed? Who knows. The product will be nice. It will be different and new. But will it be enough?

Only time will tell.

In the meantime, other companies are turning out new products weekly.
    11-18-12 03:34 PM
    MrFreeTruth - For someone who doesn't know anyone with a Windows Phone (you have stated that in ALL CAPS several times) you seem to know a lot about the problems.
    And yet, somehow, it is sold out at retail stores. I went to two today - got some very nice accessories (wireless charging is great) and I haven't experienced the problems you are crowing about.

Wait for BB 10. Then gloat.
    Roo Zilla and mikeo007 like this.
    11-18-12 03:37 PM
    Microsoft seems to be having countless problems and one doesn't know where to begin with their windows 8 OS ,surface and now window phone 8. Do you think WP8 user problems will be good for RIM?
    Windows Phone 8 users report random reboots and battery issues | The Verge

Gmail and Windows Phone 8 bug plagues smartphones
    Gmail and Windows Phone 8 bug plagues smartphones | Ubergizmo
    I'm not nuts about depending on the competition to fail; you can't always count on that.

I think Microsoft is trying to do something very ambitious here: they want to consolidate the codebase for mobile, tablet, and desktop environments, and in that regard they may have bit off a little more than they can actually chew. I personally like Windows 8 quite a bit, but it seems that it has heavily polarized not just the tech community, but consumers as well.

Were I MS, I'd be worried that consumer acceptance of the "Metro" (or "Modern UI" to use their own term) look has been poisoned by the negative response to Win8; that won't help the phones at all.
    howarmat, Dapper37 and sf49ers like this.
    11-18-12 03:37 PM
    It ia extremely probably that people will find issues when they get new bb10 devices. I'm so confident in this that I can list some ahead of time.
    After seeing problems every phone gets during launch its probable that bb10 devices will have some of those issues.

1. App selection sucks (got over hyped)
    2. Variety of battery issues
    3. Some type of build quality issue.
    4. People don't like the ui layout
    5. Over heating
    6. There is a piece of dust under my screen
    7. My camera is blurry
    8. Phone gets hot
    9. Screen sucks in sunlight
    10. What I thought this phone could drive my car?

Anyways, there will always be someone complaining about something!
    With the (possible) exception of #1, that list could apply to practically ANY electronic device.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-18-12 04:03 PM
    With the (possible) exception of #1, that list could apply to practically ANY electronic device.
    Yes and I clearly stated that but it will akso apply to the bb10 devices, people will ALWAYS find something to complain about.
    11-18-12 04:07 PM
    It may be good for rim. I just bought a Lumia 920 last week. The battery only lasts me around 10 hours with moderate use. I am returning it on Tuesday. I love the UI of the os, i think it looks nicer then BB10 but I cant handle such a poor battery.
    11-18-12 05:35 PM
    It may be good for rim. I just bought a Lumia 920 last week. The battery only lasts me around 10 hours with moderate use. I am returning it on Tuesday. I love the UI of the os, i think it looks nicer then BB10 but I cant handle such a poor battery.
    You do realise that any device over 4" has terrible battery. In fact you have to lower the brightness to nothing, turn off all location services, turn off unnecessary antennas WiFi Nfc Bluetooth and carry a charger or extra battery. It's the way lf the future until improved technology comes about. Its not the Lumia, they're all like that. And 10 hours on a phone like that is pretty amazing.
    Drew808 likes this.
    11-18-12 05:41 PM

I don't think that BB10 will be flawless but with Windows its the same old problems.
    11-18-12 06:32 PM
    man after reading some comments wp8 and bb's are like the black sheep of smart phones. some of those comments are just plain ignorant...lol
    11-18-12 06:32 PM
    I turned off Background updating of Live Tiles and got my battery life to about 12 hours on a charge.
    YMMV - every phone is different due to the applications mix. And there are a lot of WP8 applications. I even have Skype. Works really nicely.
    Discovered that GroupMe was eating up the battery. Easy solution - deleted it.
    11-18-12 06:35 PM
    I turned off Background updating of Live Tiles and got my battery life to about 12 hours on a charge.
    YMMV - every phone is different due to the applications mix. And there are a lot of WP8 applications. I even have Skype. Works really nicely.
    Discovered that GroupMe was eating up the battery. Easy solution - deleted it.
    Yes, users have to be responsible and know their devices. You cant just run everything and then complain when the battery dies in two hours.
    11-18-12 06:39 PM
    To answer the question whether WP8 problems are good for RIM, you have to ask another question: How many of those who are either disappointed with WP8 or scared off by the problems are likely to wait for BB10, as opposed to getting an iPhone or Android device. If that number is small, as I suspect it is, then RIM doesn't stand to gain much by WP8's woes.
    Jonesy1966, howarmat and waker like this.
    11-18-12 06:42 PM
    WP8 problems are probably better for Android than RIM. If you need a phone now, and decide that the WP8 problems are a dealbreaker, what do you see at the store? Android. By the time BB10 is available, still 2+ months away at the minimum, there's a good chance those problems will be fixed via updates. At which point the current problems with WP8 become moot.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-18-12 07:03 PM
    You do realise that any device over 4" has terrible battery. In fact you have to lower the brightness to nothing, turn off all location services, turn off unnecessary antennas WiFi Nfc Bluetooth and carry a charger or extra battery. It's the way lf the future until improved technology comes about. Its not the Lumia, they're all like that. And 10 hours on a phone like that is pretty amazing.
    Well BB runs on QNX so its proccesing is a different ball game to those other phones and OS's.Anyway on battery front we are apparently gonna have the option to remove the back so we wont be stuck with dying batterys long term we can buy new batts or even ones with more juice lucky us.
    sf49ers likes this.
    11-18-12 07:39 PM
    Well BB runs on QNX so its proccesing is a different ball game to those other phones and OS's.Anyway on battery front we are apparently gonna have the option to remove the back so we wont be stuck with dying batterys long term we can buy new batts or even ones with more juice lucky us.
    It's exactly the same when it comes to what causes battery drain.
    Roo Zilla and OniBerry like this.
    11-18-12 07:45 PM
79 123 ...