Interesting, albeit brief, article on Steve Wozniak's opinion on the Apple vs. Android debate.

Woz concedes Android advantages over iPhone | Apple - CNET News

Also here:
    Boot up: Steve Wozniak praises Android, Samsung merges bada with Intel platform, and more | Technology | guardian.co.uk

In his words, "My primary phone is the iPhone, I love the beauty of it. But I wish it did all the things my Android does, I really do." He said his main beef is with Siri, which he said no longer works as well as he would like. "Now it just misses. It gives me real estate listings. I used to ask, 'What are the prime numbers greater than 87?' and it would answer. Now instead of getting prime numbers, I get listings for prime rib, or prime real estate."

Now had this been a high profile person commenting on RIM I'm sure it would be doom and gloom and catastrophic failure ad nauseum. But in this case it is just ones opinion on the issue which I appreciate. Like has been said many times in these forums before, there is not "perfect" phone for everyone, the best phone is the one that works for you. And NO iPhone is not the panacea to solve all technological issues and end world hunger. Don't believe me? Just as Siri.
    kraski likes this.
    01-17-12 11:33 AM
    And NO iPhone is not the panacea to solve all technological issues and end world hunger.
    Whoever said it was?
    01-17-12 11:46 AM
    Whoever said it was?
    From all that was written up there, THAT was the take away point for you?

Perhaps you have missed the dozens of inflammatory threads that have gone on in this forum over the past year (though somehow I doubt that). In them you would have found many who espouse the supremacy of the i-platform in the smartphone market.
    Last edited by kojisan; 01-17-12 at 12:19 PM.
    01-17-12 12:16 PM
    I agree with Woz but still use the iPhone as my primary, as does he. No one claimed it is the panacea. I also agree that the simplicity of it is what gets Apple a lot of business. I miss some things about Android for sure, but out of the box, the iPhone is more intuitive and functional. Just my opinion.

If Apple were to make it more like Android, they would probably lose customers. You can however jailbreak the iPhone and make nearly as easy to customize and capable as Android.

Lastly, I found Android to be highly capable but less solid in terms of fluidity and consistency of operation.

I also still miss some BB features. They all have their pros and cons. BTW, Woz has not worked at Apple since the 80's in reality. I don't expect him to say all things Apple are the best, and he never has.
    01-17-12 12:19 PM
    This is the link to the original interview for anyone interested:

Even Woz Thinks the Android Bests the iPhone - The Daily Beast

What I found more interesting was a qoute from Steve Jobs I'd never heard before, it's insight into his monopolizing mindset, even if his product wasn't all things to all people, no others should exist.

This is the first line of the article, if you read the article the second line is innacurate as Google bought Android, they did not create it:

"Apple CEO Steve Jobs hated the Android smartphone operating system so much that he vowed he would spend his last dying breath and every penny Apple had in the bank trying to destroy it"
    01-17-12 01:38 PM
    From all that was written up there, THAT was the take away point for you?

Perhaps you have missed the dozens of inflammatory threads that have gone on in this forum over the past year (though somehow I doubt that). In them you would have found many who espouse the supremacy of the i-platform in the smartphone market.
    No, I didn't miss those threads, but there's a world of difference between "supremacy of the I-platform" and "ending word hunger."
    01-17-12 01:55 PM
    No, I didn't miss those threads, but there's a world of difference between "supremacy of the I-platform" and "ending word hunger."
    It's hyperbole, an exaggerated comment deliberately made tongue in cheek for emphasis or effect. You're right, world hunger and the smartphone debate are categorically different issues however, reading some of the threads here and how vehemently it is argued one may think otherwise.
    01-17-12 02:11 PM
    It's hyperbole, an exaggerated comment deliberately made tongue in cheek for emphasis or effect. You're right, world hunger and the smartphone debate are categorically different issues however, reading some of the threads here and how vehemently it is argued one may think otherwise.
    That's all well and good; the problem is that the people that "think otherwise" aren't smart enough to understand what "hyperbole" is, generally speaking, so while you may see the whole thing as "tongue in cheek," those others likely do not. But, since it now appears your goal was to cater to the unreasonable, lowest-common-denominatored carnival barkers out there, congratulations, you've succeeded admirably.
    01-17-12 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD