I bet the Red Shirts all carried iPhones.
    Poor red shirts.
    09-24-12 04:28 PM
    Everytime a customer buys a BlackBerry or Android device, Apple kills a kitten.
    That is priceless!
    09-24-12 05:06 PM
    That is priceless!
    +1 on that.
    09-24-12 05:25 PM
    It's been a while so my memory isn't clear on it, but didn't people stand in line for the Storm?
    A couple of days late, I meant to reply sooner, but here is a couple articles I found on the matter.

Here are a couple of stories I found doing a quick search
    Lines out door, around corner for BlackBerry Storm | ZDNet

And

Customers line up for new BlackBerry Storm | Mobile - CNET News

Last edited by Moonbaseone; 09-24-12 at 09:00 PM.
    09-24-12 08:18 PM
    Must have been before they actually used the Storm.
    Worst BB ever? Maybe. The 5810 was pretty awful also.
    09-24-12 08:21 PM
    I remember when Crackberry was a BlackBerry enthusiast site. Now it's just a site where fringe groups from all platforms wage holy wars, and ex-BlackBerry users come back to harass people who haven't left. And unfortunately it seems like no one cares as long as the sites get hits.
    luna9698 and djdragon like this.
    09-24-12 08:26 PM
    Fringe groups?
    09-24-12 08:35 PM
    A couple of days late, I meant to reply sooner, but here is a couple articles I found on the matter.

Here are a couple of stories I found doing a quick search
    Lines out door, around corner for BlackBerry Storm | ZDNet

And

Customers line up for new BlackBerry Storm | Mobile - CNET News
    After the initial Storm.. People weren't so willing to wait in line again

09-24-12 08:55 PM
    You beat me to it. I was about to post something similiar.
    Everyone puts their foot in mouth at times yours truly included the gf tells me all the time again I don't think malice was the intent.
    09-24-12 09:35 PM
    Everyone puts their foot in mouth at times yours truly included the gf tells me all the time again I don't think malice was the intent.
    LOL. that is true. I think every guy has done it once or twice and their signifant other has had to correct them on it.

And, I also don't think he meant it as negative, but it just came off that way. No harm. I've worked with guys and girls in construction so I've heard a lot worse on a daily basis. LOL
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 09:39 PM
    I remember when Crackberry was a BlackBerry enthusiast site. Now it's just a site where fringe groups from all platforms wage holy wars, and ex-BlackBerry users come back to harass people who haven't left. And unfortunately it seems like no one cares as long as the sites get hits.
    I remember when I found Crackberry. I hated the iPhone and waged holy war against people who used them. Then I waged holy war against Android. I defended RIM's decisions and proclaimed that the market loses were blips. Then I had to remove the blinders off and realise that the market losses were not blips at all. I realised that waging holy war against a piece of plastic and glass was a ridiculous enterprise. And astoundingly, I found that those pieces of plastic actually were fun to use and performed their jobs admirably. I learned that BB had its place in my life and so did the others. And when I put them together in my bag, my bag doesn't explode.

More recently, I remember when a group of people left Crackberry because they hated the inclusion of other platforms in discussions such as this. They swore they just wanted to go to a place where they could discuss BB exclusively. I wonder why such individuals come to a site they profess to hate and which they refer to as a "cesspool of mediocrity." Yup, I was invited to that site and visited and ran away before I could become infected with the malaise there. One would wonder, having achieved their purpose elsewhere, why they come here to derail and to complain about what we do on this site.

I like to point out inaccuracies, hypocrisy, fanboism. Such as criticising iPhone buyers over buying a phone they haven't seen while declaring they will buy a BB10 device the second it is released, sight unseen. I like to point those things out necause I was once a fangirl, as much as liked to say otherwise. So before I criticise one iPhone buyer for buying an iPhone 5 without seeing one first, or laugh at them for standing in line, I need to pull back because it is bloody likely that I will be standing in line, if there were one, to buy the first white BB10 keyboard device I can get my hands on.

CB has evolved, and things that survive would, and embraces users from all platforms because the market has expanded from the days when bB held preeminence. And as long as we follow forum guidelines we are allowed to post. Personally, I prefer a site where different opinions are discussed, which acknowleges RIM's place along with the others, and where someone such as myself, who regularly uses three different platforms, can come and discuss not only BB but other platforms as well depending on the topic at hand. I guess other sites are not as interesting, since those who find it objectionable to discuss things other than BB continue to find their way here.
    09-25-12 03:30 AM
    I remember when I found Crackberry. I hated the iPhone and waged holy war against people who used them. Then I waged holy war against Android. I defended RIM's decisions and proclaimed that the market loses were blips. Then I had to remove the blinders off and realise that the market losses were not blips at all. I realised that waging holy war against a piece of plastic and glass was a ridiculous enterprise. And astoundingly, I found that those pieces of plastic actually were fun to use and performed their jobs admirably. I learned that BB had its place in my life and so did the others. And when I put them together in my bag, my bag doesn't explode.

More recently, I remember when a group of people left Crackberry because they hated the inclusion of other platforms in discussions such as this. They swore they just wanted to go to a place where they could discuss BB exclusively. I wonder why such individuals come to a site they profess to hate and which they refer to as a "cesspool of mediocrity." Yup, I was invited to that site and visited and ran away before I could become infected with the malaise there. One would wonder, having achieved their purpose elsewhere, why they come here to derail and to complain about what we do on this site.

I like to point out inaccuracies, hypocrisy, fanboism. Such as criticising iPhone buyers over buying a phone they haven't seen while declaring they will buy a BB10 device the second it is released, sight unseen. I like to point those things out necause I was once a fangirl, as much as liked to say otherwise. So before I criticise one iPhone buyer for buying an iPhone 5 without seeing one first, or laugh at them for standing in line, I need to pull back because it is bloody likely that I will be standing in line, if there were one, to buy the first white BB10 keyboard device I can get my hands on.

CB has evolved, and things that survive would, and embraces users from all platforms because the market has expanded from the days when bB held preeminence. And as long as we follow forum guidelines we are allowed to post. Personally, I prefer a site where different opinions are discussed, which acknowleges RIM's place along with the others, and where someone such as myself, who regularly uses three different platforms, can come and discuss not only BB but other platforms as well depending on the topic at hand. I guess other sites are not as interesting, since those who find it objectionable to discuss things other than BB continue to find their way here.
    I would love to copy and paste this through out the forum.
    Great post qbnkelt.
    esk369 and Blacklatino like this.
    09-25-12 06:07 AM
    And when I put them together in my bag, my bag doesn't explode.
    I find that part hard to believe

GREAT POST.. Thank you.

Except I don't like white phones; they get too dirty for me.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 06:24 AM
    Qbnkelt
    Your post.
    Eloquence in practice.
    I do kind of picture your different device's having at one another when you put them together in your bag.
    Very well put.
    Thank you.
    Things got a little crazy on a few threads last night and you post as hootyhoo just stated above should be pasted all over you made your point and made it well.
    Without insulting or flaming.
    Kudos2u :-D
    Last edited by esk369; 09-25-12 at 07:50 AM.
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-12 07:40 AM

Totally agree. We've all been there at one time or another. It's amusing to see new members with the "Give me BlackBerry or Give Me Death" attitude. Unfortunately, we are not all independent, self-motivated techies that love technology- regardless of the brand. My 9810 serves me well. Same for my Samsung G lll. Same for my iPhone3G and lV are also great devices, too. So, I see a lot love for all devices on here stagnated by the constant BS posted just to keep the fires going and not necessarily for brand-loyalty. The devices are only as smart as the person utilizing it. Also, most members never really leave- forever. They usually lurk from the shadows....and discuss CB on their new site.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-25-12 at 09:12 AM.
    esk369 and richardat like this.
    09-25-12 08:10 AM
    I would love to copy and paste this through out the forum.
    Great post qbnkelt.
    LOL. I copied it so others could read it again after skipping over it.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 09:14 AM
    The real experts know the best smartphone is the galaxy nexus. Till the next nexus dethrones it. So all of you are wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-30-12 03:32 AM
    The real experts know the best smartphone is the galaxy nexus. Till the next nexus dethrones it. So all of you are wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Looks like we need more experts:
    Samsung claims 'minuscule' Galaxy Nexus sales numbers...
    09-30-12 06:53 AM
    Consumers do not want to buy an unlocked phone which is subsidized on one carrier of course it won't sell as much as an iphone or gs3. But Jellybean owns all

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 10:52 PM
    It's like an evangelical intervention, and we who still hang on need saving.
    10-04-12 09:01 AM
    In the Blackberry vs. Apple fight, the chips are already pre-stacked (i.e. rigged) for Apple.

Here's why:

RIM rolls out a new device - The focus is on what it CAN'T DO
    Apple rolls out a new device - The focus is on what it CAN DO

RIM is late with an OS update or announcement - RIM is incompetent, losers, useless, company is dying, dead, and can't get their sh** together.
    Apple is late with an OS update or announcement - Well, they're just trying to get it right before they release it, it's the right thing to do.
    Research In Motion brought this situation upon themselves. They have nobody to blame except the person looking back in the mirror. And the future looks equally bleak for Research In Motion as the many discussions and debates about "leaked" smartphones attest. There should be two models of BlackBerry smartphone yet we read about a plethora of devices on the proverbial horizon.
    10-04-12 10:12 AM
246 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD