As some of you may know, Verizon ticked me off pretty bad the other day with their attitude regarding BlackBerry.

So today I decided to visit T-Mo and get myself a new BlackBerry.

WOW!

No love for BlackBerry there either.

The girl first told me they had no BlackBerries for me to purchase because BlackBerry was no longer making phones! Seriously? I told her she was wrong.

Them she tells me that she meant BlackBerry was no longer going to make phones compatible for TMobile. I told her I thought she was wrong there also.

Then she says she meant that BlackBerry users could just not get a "good experience" on TMobile because BlackBerry refused to issue updates to the phone the same was Android and iPhones do.

Does no one want a BlackBerry in their stores?

REALLY over this attitude from the carriers!

What's the problem?

Why can;t I buy the phone I want?????????
    Donnierock likes this.
    04-21-14 07:05 PM
    Well T-Mobile doesn't surprise me. Their contract to sell BlackBerry phones ends on April 24th, so three days out, I'm guessing they won't be carrying any devices that they won't be able to sell soon.

T-Mobile has them online though, where you don't need to deal with any of the lame customer service people
    04-21-14 07:08 PM
    online store.

Also will we be able to get a sim card from them to put in our phone?
    04-21-14 07:08 PM
    As some of you may know, Verizon ticked me off pretty bad the other day with their attitude regarding BlackBerry.

So today I decided to visit T-Mo and get myself a new BlackBerry.

WOW!

No love for BlackBerry there either.

The girl first told me they had no BlackBerries for me to purchase because BlackBerry was no longer making phones! Seriously? I told her she was wrong.

Them she tells me that she meant BlackBerry was no longer going to make phones compatible for TMobile. I told her I thought she was wrong there also.

Then she says she meant that BlackBerry users could just not get a "good experience" on TMobile because BlackBerry refused to issue updates to the phone the same was Android and iPhones do.

Does no one want a BlackBerry in their stores?

REALLY over this attitude from the carriers!

What's the problem?

Why can;t I buy the phone I want?????????
    You can go to shop.blackberry.com
    And yes she is correct bbry won't make anymore phones with tmobile this was announced by Chen as he terminated their contract.
    Where have you been the 3 month ?
    Any phone that tmobile has from.bbry would be from existing inventory that they had before bbry terminated the contract
    Bbry will sell band compatible phones thru shop but not direct from tmobile
    Bbry will provide firmware support and help bbry users transition but without a carrier contract I doubt you will get wifi calling

Bbry hasn't made any phones since october when they terminated some manufacturing contracts and laid off 5000 people if you didn't know they have 2.5 billion in write off of unsold phones

Currently they are focusing on q20 I dunno if they started manufacturing them yet and Z3. Z3 is made by Foxconn
    The people you should be blaming is bbry as they don't directly support their product you have to go thru the carriers unless you plan on buying a support plan from bbry

Advertising and support and training is non existent from bbry for carriers

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-21-14 07:13 PM
    online store.

Also will we be able to get a sim card from them to put in our phone?
    T-Mobile wants to be a Bring Your Own Device carrier. The idea is that you would buy your device elsewhere and get service through them. You can buy a SIM online for $1 and activate yourself online or you can buy a SIM and activate in-store for $10.
    Alain_A likes this.
    04-21-14 07:17 PM
    You can go to shop.blackberry.com
    And yes she is correct bbry won't make anymore phones with tmobile this was announced by Chen as he terminated their contract.
    Where have you been the 3 month ?
    Any phone that tmobile has from.bbry would be from existing inventory that they had before bbry terminated the contract

Bbry hasn't made any phones since october when they terminated some manufacturing contracts and laid off 5000 people if you didn't know they have 2.5 billion in write off of unsold phones

Currently they are focusing on q20 I dunno if they started manufacturing them yet and Z3. Z3 is made by Foxconn

Hey!
    Thanks for pulling my thumb outta my A** for me! I was wondering what that popping sound was!
    My point was that you can buy a phone directly from BlackBerry, unlocked, that is TOTALLY compatible with T-Mo.
    As for where I've been the last three months, re-read my thread, I've been trying to buy a new BB at a retail store.
    So where have YOU been the last three months? Does the sun shine there? Guess not.
    Donnierock and theRock1975 like this.
    04-21-14 07:18 PM
    T-Mobile hasn't carried BlackBerry handsets in the stores since maybe the end of last year. They've been able to order them in the store for you and have it shipped to you or you could go online yourself and do so. Once T-Mobile sells through their existing inventory, you'd have to either go directly to Shopblackberry, bring an unlocked one from another GSM carrier or buy one on eBay. Either way, you will still be able to use your BlackBerry on T-Mobile.
    04-21-14 07:21 PM
    Hey!
    Thanks for pulling my thumb outta my A** for me! I was wondering what that popping sound was!
    My point was that you can buy a phone directly from BlackBerry, unlocked, that is TOTALLY compatible with T-Mo.
    As for where I've been the last three months, re-read my thread, I've been trying to buy a new BB at a retail store.
    So where have YOU been the last three months? Does the sun shine there? Guess not.

That's bbry's fault
    Bbry terminated the sales contract which ends on the 24th as others have mentioned not tmobile but bbry

You can buy a bbry phone from bbry shop that is compatible but again at full cost from bbry
    Would you pay for shelve space and not selling phones and advertising along with it when you are losing the license to sell them and the manufacturer refuses to pay for advertising or support? Not to mention now would be unsupported since bbry refuses to allow tmobile to sell bbry phones after the 24th

04-21-14 07:25 PM
    Hey!
    A unlocked phone is that supports tmobile is band compatible only unlocked phones aren't sold at carrier stores
    To be subsidized or be at a tmobile carrier stores you need a tmobile phone that's why you cannot get Verizon phones at tmobile
    Your only option till the 24th Will be online at shop or tmobile website or phone around looking for a carrier store who has one
    Good luck finding one so close to the cancelation

04-21-14 07:33 PM
    Hey!
    Here is the news
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...165019094.html
    Cancels
    Don't sell anymore bbry's ala Chen own words and interviews since
    And you can go to bbry.com for the official announcement.
    So again where do you see bbry selling new phones to tmobile stores? As pointed out by other users if you want tmobile stores to sell bbry not online shouldn't you be bugging bbry ? Since they hold all the cards?

04-21-14 07:43 PM
    Most stores push products that bring the highest profit - economics rule.
    I for one, try to purchase hard to find items not the ones that are suggested by a sales rep. It is like buying a used car or a vacation package.
    In other words, carriers would push the highly hyped smartphones that are marked up nicely to pay off the advertising and store space.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:55 PM
    OP, are you so desperate to buy at retail to pay T-Mobile $456 for a Z10 when you can buy at shopblackberry.com for $299, or even $199 with the discount? If you're point was to show that T-Mobile's reps aren't friendly toward BlackBerry, then it's a topic that's been covered many, many, many times here.
    04-21-14 08:30 PM
    OP's point stands and is just another one of the countless carrier/anti-BB things. Really, American carriers suck :/ It is slightly depressing.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-22-14 02:30 PM
    OP's point stands and is just another one of the countless carrier/anti-BB things. Really, American carriers suck :/ It is slightly depressing.
    Except in this instance it's not the carriers fault

Bbry is refusing distribution rights to tmobile that has nothing to do with love of bbry
    It's simple bbry doesn't want tmobile customers

bbry will only support you on TMobile in two ways unlocked phone unlocked for 199 with the current z10 q10 100 dollar discount from shopblackberry.com
    Or you buy the preexisting limited quantities left at tmobile until the 24th online as stores probably don't want to lose shelve space due to something that doesn't sell and cost

TMobile cannot order anymore bbry phones np matter how much the user wants and that's because of Chen not tmobile

04-22-14 03:10 PM
    Just went to a Koodo store and the clerk told me that they were dropping Blackberry altogether as well. He was unsure if they would carry any new products if they came available. The only BB product Koodo carried was the Q5.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-22-14 03:46 PM
    That's bbry's fault
    Bbry terminated the sales contract which ends on the 24th as others have mentioned not tmobile but bbry

You can buy a bbry phone from bbry shop that is compatible but again at full cost from bbry
    Would you pay for shelve space and not selling phones and advertising along with it when you are losing the license to sell them and the manufacturer refuses to pay for advertising or support? Not to mention now would be unsupported since bbry refuses to allow tmobile to sell bbry phones after the 24th

Was it BlackBerrys fault when t-mobile stopped selling the phones or even displaying demonstration devices in store. Was it there fault when t-mobile stopped showing them on the website???? Didn't think so.

If you want to complain about a botched launch or poor marketing fine have at it but when they took the proactive step of actively ending support for BlackBerry devices that was all t-mobile and no one else.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 07:43 PM
    Was it BlackBerrys fault when t-mobile stopped selling the phones or even displaying demonstration devices in store. Was it there fault when t-mobile stopped showing them on the website???? Didn't think so.

If you want to complain about a botched launch or poor marketing fine have at it but when they took the proactive step of actively ending support for BlackBerry devices that was all t-mobile and no one else.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it is its called marketing and support from the manufacturer.
    How can a store keep stuff in stock that doesn't sell when the manufacturer doesn't even advertise
    Samsung apple htc Nokia and even lg all advertise

If you didn't know only bbry doesn't support the carriers
    You can go back to bb10. Launch for that everyone was onboard after the disasterous launch and lies that Thorstein said about the launch and unsold phones ? You do realize shelve space costs money?
    Why show something that doesn't sell
    Every time something goes wrong with a bb10 phone the carrier is blamed not bbry because bbry doesn't provide direct support like other manufacturers except for escalated support

Support costs money

being on the shelf doesn't mean there are lines up quite the opposite
    You do remember there is billions in unsold and returned inventory right? Only one selling out is price cut devices that were in short supply usually 50% off or the 100 dollar off offer from bbry for tmobile users direct from bbry or India where it is 50% off
    A store has to order so many
    you can order from their website again you gotta remember bbry terminated the contract it's is existing inventory of devices that ain't moving
    under business
    It's not like tmobile can just return it and today is the last day they can sell them as pointed out by others
    And the meme article by crackberry

Proactively ending support?
    You mean not buyingr not popular devices
    Every time a carrier buys a Device you gotta order so many
    If you have 1000 unsold phones how do you expect them to order more?
    Or if a store Has 5 siting on the shelve and Noone comes in to see them how likely will you see them keeping them for weeks in hopes that one person picks up 1

You do realize they ain't selling like hotcakes right?
    Look at India when bbry cut the price to half off and advertised it they sold out hmmm makes you wonder

You can blame the carriers too but this is across the board why stock something that doesn't sell
    You can't be serious if you think stores will stock something that doesn't sell
    Can you really blame carriers for being skeptical?

Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 04-22-14 at 08:29 PM.
    04-22-14 08:06 PM
    Actually it is its called marketing and support from the manufacturer.
    How can a store keep stuff in stock that doesn't sell when the manufacturer doesn't even advertise
    Samsung apple htc Nokia and even lg all advertise

If you didn't know only bbry doesn't support the carriers
    You can go back to bb10. Launch for that everyone was onboard after the disasterous launch and lies that Thorstein said about the launch and unsold phones ? You do realize shelve space costs money?
    Why show something that doesn't sell
    Every time something goes wrong with a bb10 phone the carrier is blamed not bbry because bbry doesn't provide direct support like other manufacturers except for escalated support

Support costs money

being on the shelf doesn't mean there are lines up quite the opposite
    You do remember there is billions in unsold and returned inventory right? Only one selling out is price cut devices that were in short supply usually 50% off or the 100 dollar off offer from bbry for tmobile users direct from bbry or India where it is 50% off
    A store has to order so many
    you can order from their website again you gotta remember bbry terminated the contract it's is existing inventory of devices that ain't moving
    under business
    It's not like tmobile can just return it and today is the last day they can sell them as pointed out by others
    And the meme article by crackberry

Proactively ending support?
    You mean not buyingr not popular devices
    Every time a carrier buys a Device you gotta order so many
    If you have 1000 unsold phones how do you expect them to order more?
    Or if a store Has 5 siting on the shelve and Noone comes in to see them how likely will you see them keeping them for weeks in hopes that one person picks up 1

You do realize they ain't selling like hotcakes right?
    Look at India when bbry cut the price to half off and advertised it they sold out hmmm makes you wonder

You can blame the carriers too but this is across the board why stock something that doesn't sell
    You can't be serious if you think stores will stock something that doesn't sell
    Can you really blame carriers for being skeptical?

And yet nowhere in that long winded post did you explain why they removed it from there website...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes but one could make the argument that if BlackBerry didn't put any effort in advertising the Z10 or Q10, why should T-Mobile waste floor space on it when other manufacturers are spending lots on advertising. Plus returns were likely higher for BlackBerry 10 as the software was a little unstable at launch and the app situation was there.

BlackBerry released products before they were ready to appease the stock market, then put up a for sale sign in the company, and Thorsten was planning on unloading the company anyway for massive payout. T-Mobile allows you to bring your own phones so all T-Mobile is doing is eliminating the zero percent device financing. I am constantly amazed by the people in here that expect carriers to shoulder 100% of the burden to sell BB10 devices that BlackBerry hasn't even committed 100% to yet (Bold, Classic, etc).

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 05:58 PM
    Blackberry has failed to read the market.
    There is nothing special about bb10 compared to competitors.
    While blackberry polishes their os the competitors are adding features.
    If blackberry continues to delude themselves that there is an enterprise market then they are going to lose out big time on handset sales.
    They need to start adding features soon.

04-23-14 06:44 PM
    Blackberry has failed to read the market.
    There is nothing special about bb10 compared to competitors.
    While blackberry polishes their os the competitors are adding features.
    If blackberry continues to delude themselves that there is an enterprise market then they are going to lose out big time on handset sales.
    They need to start adding features soon.

BlackBerry has failed to read the market...

this made me laughed so much.

No, its not even wrong.
    04-23-14 07:07 PM

No, its not even wrong.
    I think it is an accurate statement. They should have learned a lot with the PlayBook, yet the BB10 launch happened with the exact same issues (limited apps, incomplete and buggy OS). They still don't have an official way to get Android apps on the phone or support for Google Play services which is becoming more important to make many Android apps work.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:01 AM

No, its not even wrong.
    Then you my friend are the minority, the majority of the developers, analyst and former users feel that this is a very accurate statement and the smartphone market in the USA, UK and Canada for that matter have all spoken. Look at Canada where Blackberry being a Canadian company now only has a 15% share of the market???

I still own a z10 and a z30 which I really like, but with Blackberry no longer supporting my carrier T-Mobile and the market share here in the USA being non existent, there may come a time in the near distant future when I will have to finally throw in the towel. Unless Mr Chen can restore the brand here and come up with a plan for continued support and some new devices that the consumer here will buy, I am afraid my transition to another platform may be more sooner then later, sad but very true.
    Last edited by bakron1; 04-24-14 at 06:32 AM.
    04-24-14 06:17 AM
    I think it is an accurate statement. They should have learned a lot with the PlayBook, yet the BB10 launch happened with the exact same issues (limited apps, incomplete and buggy OS). They still don't have an official way to get Android apps on the phone or support for Google Play services which is becoming more important to make many Android apps work.

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure what makes a person that entitled to demand BlackBerry to have Google Play Services on a BlackBerry device.

Let me ask you then.

Is a limitation on the apps a numbers game, or a set in stone "this is all we have"?

I think you and I know what is the answer. No ifs, no buts.

To you, your personal preferences may dictate that there must be a certain amount of apps needed. For me, that is irrelevant to what I see in a BlackBerry phone.

And per se, the BlackBerry PlayBook wasn't even a full fledged tablet. It was and rightfully so, an accompanying accessory that fits into the legacy BlackBerry devices. I think BlackBerry was the only hardware vendor that made tablets in that view, apart from the now defunct Palm.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:27 AM
    Then you my friend are the minority, the majority of the developers, analyst and former users feel that this is a very accurate statement and smartphone market in the USA, UK and Canada for that matter have all spoken. Look at Canada where Blackberry being a Canadian company now only has a 15% share of the market???

I still own a z10 and a z30 which I really like, but with Blackberry no longer supporting my carrier T-Mobile and the market share here in the USA being non existent, there may come a time in the near distant future when I will have to finally throw in the towel. Unless Mr Chen can restore the brand here and come up with a plan for continued support and some new devices that the consumer here will buy, I am afraid my transition to another platform may be more sooner then later, sad but very true.
    Seeing that I don't see things the way others do...

Is share of the pie that important? I mean, Nokia did conquer a lot, even by underhanded means. They had the most number of devices by far when they died.

When IBM sold the laptop division to Lenovo it was one of the leading laptop makers.

Because to me share is nothing important.
    BlackBerry sure did had a share in a market still small back then. That market does not exist anymore, it's replaced with another market. The original market that BlackBerry was in shrunk. Out of that few players, BlackBerry still lives.

Then again, we'll see. BlackBerry being dead and too little too late, etc. I don't think anybody even realises the money they were chasing weren't here.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:32 AM
38 12