This is journalism? What a moron.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-19-13 12:27 AM
    Would like to see BlackBerry respond to this.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Seriously. I'd like to see BlackBerry respond to anything.
    08-19-13 12:28 AM
    I have a Bold 9900,and everytime I get disgusted,I come here and join crackheads to massage my ego,convince me BlackBerry is going anywhere,but the truth is, RIM is dead,and that's God's honest truth.

I love my keyboard and all,but this is a jurassic piece. Only existing crackheads enjoy Berries,no new customers
    Nice first post..
    08-19-13 12:44 AM
    it's not tech reporting anymore. more like a personal rant. maybe samsung is paying him extra under the table.
    08-19-13 12:47 AM
    I have a Bold 9900,and everytime I get disgusted,I come here and join crackheads to massage my ego,convince me BlackBerry is going anywhere,but the truth is, RIM is dead,and that's God's honest truth.

I love my keyboard and all,but this is a jurassic piece. Only existing crackheads enjoy Berries,no new customers
    Nice and interesting first post you got there!
    08-19-13 12:52 AM
    He feels inferior. So he gets an inferior phone.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-19-13 01:05 AM
    Quoted the story rather than give the negats the page hits. This is a practice that members should exercise when sharing articles like this, as long as a link is added on the thread.
    Will the OP please edit their post and do this.. I just clicked the link after seeing no quoted story in sight.. If only I scrolled down a bit more..
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 01:18 AM
    damn armchair CEO's! These analysts, and the people at CB think they know everything. They should send their resume's to careers@blackberry, right Rubber Chicken? I mean, these people have nowhere NEAR the talent of the current management team....just look at the share price and the marketshare? Magnificent....just magnificent. The press, consumers, people on CB....everyone just shut up and let the pros work their magic...yep
    Last edited by w0lfgang; 08-19-13 at 01:38 AM.
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    08-19-13 01:18 AM
    i can't imagine how bored this journalist life was. so plain yet so lonely....
    08-19-13 01:30 AM
    We should all tweet and email this to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 01:34 AM
    He did not have some vacation paid by blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 01:42 AM
    Calling the HuffPo "journalism" is like calling a swap meet a shopping mall...
    Or Frank Boulben a "CMO"
    08-19-13 01:43 AM

I agree with 110% you or it is the whole you or half of you....never mind. I just realised you dont own a BB10 and how dare you insult Jurassic Park. Its a lovely place this time of the year. (I am sure I made as much sense as your post. It means we are even)
    08-19-13 02:08 AM
    Poor looser
    08-19-13 04:19 AM
    Wouldn't worry too much about this article. Samsung gets a lot more negative articles so it's just another filler story for that website. The writer obviously doesn't see the benefits of using other platforms, just bashing them because their users are enthusiastic. I use an S4 but I know it's not the best phone for everyone. To each his own
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-19-13 04:43 AM
    Bye Bye, BlackBerry (and Good Riddance Too)

Posted: 08/16/2013 4:04 pm
    He is too biased.

This week comes the news that apparently BlackBerry holding company Research in Motion (RIM) is putting the company up for sale. And it may be a fire sign sale at that.

Earlier this year, the company used the tech news media to convince Wall Street, investors and most importantly their consumers that their new BlackBerry 10 operating system and platform was the saving grace for their entire technology fiefdom.

My response? "Nah!! Never happen."

I knew that this BlackBerry 10 Hail Mary was a last death-rattle of a dying tech company.

My fair disclaimer to the reader: I'm not a BlackBerry or Apple guy ... not at all. In fact, I will never own a BlackBerry, Mac, iPhone, iPad; that's how strongly I am against their technology platforms.

If there's anything more annoying than some gooey-eyed Apple aficionado sidling up to me uninvited at a bar to show me their new iPhone 5, it's trying to have any kind of meaningful conversation with a 'Crackberry' addict as they manically type away on their tiny screens.

This is why I say good riddance to the BlackBerry family of absurdly proprietary products. We don't need them anymore. Even the BlackBerry people themselves are slowly awakening from a tech-induced fog to realize that their screens are too damn small and their proprietary platform too much a walled-in garden.

Now the BlackBerry assets may well be sold to a Google ( la Motorola) or some other acquirer, but the brand will definitely slink unheralded into oblivion.

As we the people, become more and more tech-savvy and less vain about our technology, tech consumers become more realistic and less brand loyal. For instance, BlackBerry just wasn't able to respond to the screen-size difference that their increasingly screen-size sensitive consumers were feeling due to the bigger screens provided by Apple and more importantly, the substantially bigger screens of Samsung.

Samsung's Galaxy smartphone line continues their decimation of Apple's dwindling iPhone products. At more than 30 percent of the global smartphone market share, it mightn't be long until Samsung puts Apple back in their place as an also-ran tech company with no meaningful leadership or innovation edge. With iPhone's current global market share at 13 percent and dropping like a lead balloon, it is not as unimaginable as it once was that Apple may end up with a measly 4 percent of the smartphone market as their hubris led them to in the world desktop market versus the PC.

Apple, interestingly is feeling their consumer angst at the smaller iPhone screen situation and this is the direct reason why they are almost down to a single-digit market share of smartphone sales ... not Steve Jobs' death. Unless Apple can reverse the screen-size advantage and 'use-ability' superiority of the Samsung Galaxy family of products, they may well be next to walk the technology plank into the deep, dark and unforgiving waters of tech extinction that now shortly will engulf BlackBerry.

Bye bye, BlackBerry ... "may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Follow Bill_Robinson on Twitter: www.twitter.com/@RelentlessBill

Article source:
    Bye Bye, BlackBerry (and Good Riddance Too) | Bill_Robinson

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10.
    He is too biased.
    08-19-13 04:58 AM
    I've had BB's for a number of years but no more. My 9900 went on ebay, my 16GB playbook got given away and my 64GB playbook is sat on a shelf.

The article is rather confrontational but many of the points he makes are valid. I realise that many people love their BB devices (I'm still thinking of picking up a cheap BBOS7 device of ebay as a spare phone) and there is nothing wrong with that, we are all different. However, look at what is happening to Blackberry in the round, look at what has happened to the opinion of the average phone user towards the company, look what has happened to it's market share and value. All of these are pointing to a company that has been badly left behind. The BB10 OS is the right thing to be doing but it's too little too late. Customers will start to shy away from BB10 from a fear that it will suffer the same fate as the PB 2.0 OS.
    08-19-13 05:18 AM
    look at what is happening to Blackberry in the round, look at what has happened to the opinion of the average phone user towards the company, look what has happened to it's market share and value
    It's really only market-share and EPS or slightly negative earnings for that matter. Their revenue is still 3b+ from Q1 (last quarter) without the Q10 for many markets / distributors.

They might go private or be bought, but they also might team up with some mussle, on one hand they seem sustainable with a conservative strategy,- on the other they doesn't seem to have enough mussle for marketing etc.
    08-19-13 05:40 AM
    Oh well. So many technology prophets with their last dooms day sermon for technology. Tomorrow is another day. I still like BlackBerry integration of email, calendar, notes, task. Bbm, text. No other platform does all seamlessly. I have tried them all - None.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    08-19-13 05:53 AM
    Ridiculous article. I will never understand how or why people act offended by what phone a person decides to use. Like does it really offend you that bad? All of the media acts like BlackBerry is a plague. I mean come on....seriously!
    mkmilan and QuickDime like this.
    08-19-13 06:48 AM
    I've had BB's for a number of years but no more. My 9900 went on ebay, my 16GB playbook got given away and my 64GB playbook is sat on a shelf.

The article is rather confrontational but many of the points he makes are valid. I realise that many people love their BB devices (I'm still thinking of picking up a cheap BBOS7 device of ebay as a spare phone) and there is nothing wrong with that, we are all different. However, look at what is happening to Blackberry in the round, look at what has happened to the opinion of the average phone user towards the company, look what has happened to it's market share and value. All of these are pointing to a company that has been badly left behind. The BB10 OS is the right thing to be doing but it's too little too late. Customers will start to shy away from BB10 from a fear that it will suffer the same fate as the PB 2.0 OS.
    The article though it had some good points provided no real value but to antagonize those that have chosen to use BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry as a company made some very bad decisions no doubt. We all get that. Even with that in mind, some have chosen to use BlackBerry products as it works for them.

To say good riddance to a product that he does is very childish in my view. And to gloat over the possible demise of a company that employs thousands of people who work very hard to provide for their families shows how classless the writer is. The author should just write the article with the facts and leave out his hatred of blackberry out of it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    Speedygi likes this.
    08-19-13 06:49 AM
    Lol. The author professes he never owned a BlackBerry and says "we" don't need them any more. Bizarre writing style there.
    If we are going for accuracy the author said he "will never own" a BlackBerry not that he "has never owned" one.
    Saiga and BergerKing like this.
    08-19-13 07:31 AM
    what a senseless article
    08-19-13 07:42 AM
    LOL. Huffington Post, nuff said.

I see about 6 articles a day from them that are so off base you wonder if they have a different news source than the rest of the world.

Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:01 AM
    Would like to see BlackBerry respond to this.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    they won't,,, they'll just take it, like every other kick in the gnads that comes their way...
    08-19-13 08:09 AM
194 1234 ...