Just heard a report about Apple security (or lack of it). They were praising BlackBerry to the skies!

"The stock will shoot up, people will start buying BBs, many people still have their BBs, Merkel has a Z10, BlackBerry should come up with some exciting new phones (they didn't mention the Passport), etc, etc, etc ".

Better than advertising!!!!
    Come on, BBRY stock!

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    09-02-14 02:28 PM
    PS: The host showed off her 9900!!

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    09-02-14 02:29 PM
    The news is slowly changing about BlackBerry. However yesterday I saw a US news feed portray the breach as any cloud service. Then at the end they stated Apple takes its icloud security seriously. Like it is completely misleading at times. Also a month ago, when Apple and IBM, actual foes, stated they were jointly going after enterprise, well BlackBerry was dead again. Apple and Android will continue to breach and that is understandable. If you want ground up security, you cannot supply all the non essential perks that the consumer demands. That is the reality. So BlackBerry will always be behind the average consumer needs and ahead in the enterprise arena.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:41 PM
    As ppl become more security paranoid... BlackBerry will make inroads.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a little industrial espionage going on with all these security breaches...

^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-02-14 02:44 PM
    "Will iCloud?s hack save BlackBerry?
    Sep. 02, 2014 - 7:51 - Vic Alboini of Jaguar Financial and Enderle Group president Rob Enderle on whether BlackBerry can benefit from Apple?s security issues."

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/37636...#sp=show-clips

Posted via CB10
    lift, sk8er_tor, acovey and 12 others like this.
    09-02-14 03:11 PM
    It wasn't an iCloud hack. It involved social engineering. http://www.imore.com/apple-denies-ic...argeted-attack
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    09-02-14 03:13 PM
    It wasn't an iCloud hack. It involved social engineering. http://www.imore.com/apple-denies-ic...argeted-attack
    This may well be true, but I'd rather here it from a source other than Apple. Of course they'll deny they were at fault.

Posted via CB10
    lift, sk8er_tor, RWB3325 and 7 others like this.
    09-02-14 03:25 PM
    Yahoo finance

"Why Apple's security pain may be BlackBerry's gain
    CNBC: Talking Numbers 1 hour 14 minutes ago 3:21
    What may be bad news for Apple may be good news for a long-forgotten rival ? BlackBerry."

http://yhoo.it/W7wOJ7

Posted via CB10
    lift, Acumenight, cman5 and 1 others like this.
    09-02-14 03:26 PM
    Please explain why it is nothing to do with iCloud. How were the pictures uploaded into the iCloud in the first place? Why can the hackers hack so many people? Is it because iCloud too secure to be hacked?

Why are you defending iCloud everywhere from a Windows phone in BlackBerry fan site?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:31 PM
    PS: The host showed off her 9900!!

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    Nice, Blackberry needs to throw the host a new Q10
    09-02-14 03:32 PM
    Nice, Blackberry needs to throw the host a new Q10
    Yes, she should be rewarded for the plug!

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    lift likes this.
    09-02-14 03:35 PM
    Please explain why it is nothing to do with iCloud. How were the pictures uploaded into the iCloud in the first place? Why can the hackers hack so many people? Is it because iCloud too secure to be hacked?

Why are you defending iCloud everywhere from a Windows phone in BlackBerry fan site?

Posted via CB10

Note who wrote the article I linked.

No, I don't use iCloud. However, the type of social engineering used in this case could target any online account including a Google account, a Microsoft account or even one's bank account.
    09-02-14 03:36 PM
    Don't be cheap, a passport

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:36 PM
    That Fox news story was very pro BlackBerry! Great exposure for BlackBerry.
    Getting back to the celebrity hacks, It was most certainly an icloud hack. As a matter of fact there has been a lot of chatter all over the news about how Apple just patched a flaw in it's find my iphone software that could have been used to hack the icloud. So please don't believe everything Apple is claiming. They are in CYA mode right now.
    acovey and Rowan M like this.
    09-02-14 03:38 PM
    As ppl become more security paranoid... BlackBerry will make inroads.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a little industrial espionage going on with all these security breaches...

^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    Are you suggesting BlackBerry is behind these breaches? How fiendishly clever!
    09-02-14 03:43 PM
    Please explain why it is nothing to do with iCloud.
    Brute force guesswork of weak passwords for celebrities whose personal information was generally easy to google. Social engineering. Having said that, Apple should have put in password limits to prevent multiple attempts.

How were the pictures uploaded into the iCloud in the first place?
    Backups, manual or automatic. It's the way iCloud works so that you don't lose your pictures. Uploaded the way you stick anything on a server.

Why can the hackers hack so many people? Is it because iCloud too secure to be hacked?
    Group sharing of the pics and passwords, bootstrapping on from the efforts of those previously on it. It wasn't a one-time thing but something going on for some time, I understand.

Posted via CB10
    Because maybe one's choice of phone doesn't affect posting facts as reported vs rampant speculation?
    09-02-14 03:43 PM
    That Fox news story was very pro BlackBerry! Great exposure for BlackBerry.
    Getting back to the celebrity hacks, It was most certainly an icloud hack. As a matter of fact there has been a lot of chatter all over the news about how Apple just patched a flaw in it's find my iphone software that could have been used to hack the icloud. So please don't believe everything Apple is claiming. They are in CYA mode right now.
    Could have but Apple claims wasn't. If they are lying, they are taking a huge risk vs admitting liability now. Apple is quite a risk averse company. I don't believe they would jeopardize both their finances and reputation.

There's a lot of speculation going on. Makes great headlines and page hits.
    09-02-14 03:49 PM
    Note who wrote the article I linked.

No, I don't use iCloud. However, the type of social engineering used in this case could target any online account including a Google account, a Microsoft account or even one's bank account.
    No one knows for sure what happened yet. So I doubt that you do either.

One thing is for certain (and confirmed by just about everyone) apple patched a vulnerability in "find my iphone" that could have been used to access icloud.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-pa...s-reports-say/

Well where there's smoke there's normally fire.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:50 PM
    It wasn't an iCloud hack. It involved social engineering. Apple offers up new details in iCloud investigation over celebrity account hacks | iMore
    That statement doesn't make mention of apple's reported flawed security measures that until (I believe) this weekend, allowed unlimited guesses at passwords - with no lockout from the account. This was widely reported and is a rather curious omission. They should probably redirect some of that outrage if this is true.
    09-02-14 03:51 PM
    Brute force guesswork of weak passwords for celebrities whose personal information was generally easy to google. Social engineering. Having said that, Apple should have put in password limits to prevent multiple attempts.

Backups, manual or automatic. It's the way iCloud works so that you don't lose your pictures. Uploaded the way you stick anything on a server.

Group sharing of the pics and passwords, bootstrapping on from the efforts of those previously on it. It wasn't a one-time thing but something going on for some time, I understand.

Because maybe one's choice of phone doesn't affect posting facts as reported vs rampant speculation?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-pa...s-reports-say/

Remember that they patched it AFTER news broke out.

Anyways to me most clouds are insecure. Except the few exceptional end to end encrypted ones.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-02-14 03:54 PM
    Does anyone else feel like Apples statement on it (posted on iMore) is some of the best word-smithing ever? That statement was full of BS.

How does one person access multiple accounts remotely? That's the question that Apple needs to answer. Not whether it was an iCloud hack or targeted attacks. It was hacked remotely which means...the hacker indeed did tap into a cloud service. The follow-up question to that is, why were these private photos on a (non-iCloud) server if the celebrity deleted these a while back?

Look deeper into it.

I mean...am I wrong to think this?

Apple is good at a lot of things, even protecting their brand.
    Andy_bb_king and lift like this.
    09-02-14 03:58 PM
    Before all the naysayers get all defensive. Just look at the situation and see it for what it is.

It maybe a brute force attack, social engineering, or whatever the fact is these photos were stolen from icloud.

Why do I say that?

What is the likelihood of a non techie celebrity syncing their photos on their iphone on anything else?

They didnt even know icloud EXISTED, some of them admitted to deleting the photos long ago and didnt realise it was automatically backed up. Do you really think they know about other services like box, dropbox or whatever else?

Posted via CB10
    lift, Playbook007, undone and 1 others like this.
    09-02-14 04:01 PM
    Apple patches iCloud security gap after celebrity photos hacked, reports say - CBS News

Remember that they patched it AFTER news broke out.

Anyways to me most clouds are insecure. Except the few exceptional end to end encrypted ones.

Posted via CB10
    Thief observed picking lock on front door and scampering off with loot while an open window is around the side of the house. Both are weaknesses but tell me again how the theft is proven to be associated with the latter.

It's still early days for details to filter out.
    It's probably a little of both. The victims were not careful enough and there was a vulnerability in Icloud. I believe it's more about educating the public than everyone should run out and buy a Blackberry.

Q10, N5, N10.
    Does anyone else feel like Apples statement on it (posted on iMore) is some of the best word-smithing ever? That statement was full of BS.

How does one person access multiple accounts remotely? That's the question that Apple needs to answer. Not whether it was an iCloud hack or targeted attacks. It was hacked remotely which means...the hacker indeed did tap into a cloud service. The follow-up question to that is, why were these private photos on a (non-iCloud) server if the celebrity deleted these a while back?

Look deeper into it.

I mean...am I wrong to think this?

Apple is good at a lot of things, even protecting their brand.
    I agree completely. Its extremely unlikely that its anything else but icloud.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 04:02 PM
237 123 ...