Wouldn't it be awesome-zte-nubia-z9-1.jpg

If Blackberry could bring in some designers and give something as nice as this (yes I know beauty is subjective, but this is miles better looking than any current full touchscreen BB) then I could see some attention being brought back to the BB world. No, I'm not saying this is the answer to all of their problems, but it'd certainly be a step in the right direction. For those who don't know this is the ZTE Nubia Z9.

I only want this to be about the hardware currently available so lets keep our imaginations in check and leave the arguments in another post. Also, to keep trolls away: yes I know BB's doesn't need a home button, no I'm not talking about using any of the internal hardware on this devices such as camera, processor, speakerphone etc (it's a picture of an already released phone and meant merely for inspirational, design purposes), and no I'm not bringing up the BB10 vs Android debate.

I guess basically what I'm asking for is a better looking z10 with higher build quality. No plastic removable back, metal body, and removal of black bezel around screen (looked hideous on white z10).
    Last edited by luniboy26; 06-24-15 at 12:24 AM.
    06-23-15 05:19 PM
    Nice phone but it looks largely close to another popular phone. The phone they do has to stand out from the rest of the pack to make people think about changing.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 05:28 PM
    Looks like any other phone out there

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    miker476 likes this.
    06-23-15 05:32 PM
    Nice phone but it looks largely close to another popular phone. The phone they do has to stand out from the rest of the pack to make people think about changing.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Blade concept or Any of those fan made concepts ?
    06-23-15 10:19 PM
    We'll see what Foxconn, Wistron, or Compal can come up with. They are designing BlackBerry phones now.
    luniboy26 likes this.
    06-23-15 10:36 PM
    Looks like the typical slab with a screen. Too many phones already look like that. Nothing special about it at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 10:58 PM
    Although I don't like sliders yes

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:21 PM
    Honestly if you even looked up this phone you'd realize how inaccurate your post is in saying "it looks like any other phone", but in a time of Blackberry going the "lets be different" route with not much to show for it why not go the safer route and appease more people? Can't be any worse than where they are now.
    06-24-15 12:22 AM
    Honestly if you even looked up this phone you'd realize how inaccurate your post is in saying "it looks like any other phone", but in a time of Blackberry going the "lets be different" route with not much to show for it why not go the safer route and appease more people? Can't be any worse than where they are now.
    Please educate us as to what makes this phone different, externally from any other slab already in existence.

Posted via CB10
    blackguy07 likes this.
    06-24-15 12:47 AM
    I think the Z10 looks better.

Wouldn't it be awesome-rim-2013-01-24-600-3.jpg

Besides, the removable back in the Z10 allows the phone user to install even larger batteries such as this.

Wouldn't it be awesome-img_00002381.jpg

In my opinion, BlackBerry should have never moved away from removable batteries. This is why I decided to not to get any newer BlackBerry 10 phones after my Z10 and the Q10.
    At least I can speak with my wallet, whether BlackBerry listens.

As for the bezels, it is a functionally needed feature. When you are watching a video with the phone, your hands need to be somewhere holding the phone. If the bezels were not there, the meat on your hands would cover the screen when you hold the phone. This happens already with some of the thin bezel phones I have used too.

Posted via CB10
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    06-24-15 02:34 AM
    Please educate us as to what makes this phone different, externally from any other slab already in existence.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's why I said go do some research. There's plenty of videos on the phone that show it's most compelling difference compared to most devices out there. It's kinda the same grab people get from the s6 edge (which is arguably the most beautiful device in the market right now) so why not have BB do something similar vs a slider which won't make a dent in sales. The way to the market right now is a full touchscreen experience with a beautiful design. Something BB has yet to do. Z10 was a start, but fell short in so many places.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-25-15 10:26 AM
    If we have to do research to tell how the phone looks different from all the others, then it probably doesn't look that different...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.840
    06-25-15 10:35 AM
    I think the Z10 looks better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rim-2013-01-24-600-3.jpg 
Views:	1643 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	359212

Besides, the removable back in the Z10 allows the phone user to install even larger batteries such as this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00002381.jpg 
Views:	1644 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	359213

In my opinion, BlackBerry should have never moved away from removable batteries. This is why I decided to not to get any newer BlackBerry 10 phones after my Z10 and the Q10.
    At least I can speak with my wallet, whether BlackBerry listens.

As for the bezels, it is a functionally needed feature. When you are watching a video with the phone, your hands need to be somewhere holding the phone. If the bezels were not there, the meat on your hands would cover the screen when you hold the phone. This happens already with some of the thin bezel phones I have used too.

Posted via CB10
    I respectfully disagree. Like I said, while the z10 was definitely a step in the right direction, but it definitely wasn't best in hardware design. I found the white z10 to personally be the best looking variant and even still certain aspects of it clashed with the overall design. The main culprit was the black screen bezel, and followed by the weird placement of the power jack (considering there wasn't a lot of games for the z10 when it came out and really no other reason to use the phone in landscape outside of email). This was even worse in black where it just looked like an old phone in the wrong year. Even now looking at those pictures I still think the phone in black is the ugliest thing I've ever seen next to cheap Android phones. Had they had made it a glass back at the time with a white bezel to me you would've had one of the best looking phones at the time(as well as glass the entire black version because that matte rubber top and bottom would look bad on anything). I understand available money was the problem vs long term viability and you can't change the past, but now I'm hoping their design team pushes the envelope in the full touchscreen experience because this slider business is just distraction. Go for broke and make a beautiful phone and make the Android integration better (preferably before they release the new phone). I get bored of switching back and forth between Google and Apple.
    06-25-15 10:55 AM
    If we have to do research to tell how the phone looks different from all the others, then it probably doesn't look that different...

You mean to say if you have to see the entire phone outside of a still shot then its not different? Ok buddy /s
    06-25-15 10:59 AM
    It looks kind of iPhone..ish.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-25-15 05:49 PM
    Looks like the Samsung A5 or A7..

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 05:20 AM
    It looks like any other phone. What's good looking about this wannabe design?
    06-26-15 10:22 AM
    You mean to say if you have to see the entire phone outside of a still shot then its not different? Ok buddy /s
    Err, you started the thread, not me. Don't ask people's opinions on the Internet and expect complicity...

06-26-15 10:39 AM
    It looks like iphone

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 11:06 AM
    Err, you started the thread, not me. Don't ask people's opinions on the Internet and expect complicity...

Wouldn't it be awesome-untitled-picture.png
    Here's a better look at it. I still think it looks miles better than anything BB has released as of lately.
    06-30-15 12:10 AM
    BlackBerry Blade concept or Any of those fan made concepts ?
    It's like the fan designs have much more passion than BlackBerry designers themselves lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:05 AM
    That ZTE phone looks like a cheap Chinese iPhone knockoff. Really horrendous, and that design style will do absolutely nothing to get people to look at BlackBerry again.

The Z10 was a safe design. It did not blow people away in terms of design, though I do believe it won a Red Dot design award.

The Z30 is a different story. I find the Z30 (in black) to still be one of the best looking all touch screen phones. The carbon back makes it look and feel more high end, as does the way the black screen is like its own piece that goes all the way up to the top.

A new all touch device will likely meet the same fate as the Z30. Carriers won't be too eager to carry it, there will be a massive lack of big name native apps, and while I'm sure some people looking to upgrade their Z10 or Z30 might buy one, I don't foresee Android and iPhone users being like "nope! I don't care about all the apps I use everyday anymore, I think I'm going to go with an all touch BlackBerry!"

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:15 AM
    Have used it and it's sh!t. Thin side bezels is the worst idea since HTC thought people wanted a 4MP camera on their top of the line smartphone. The problem is when you're holding it, the side of your hands clash with the digitiser/touch and it all goes haywire; when typing it randomly presses backspace and enter screwing up messaging, randomly opens apps on the side, opens links, zooms in and out while scrolling, shifts to other tabs on the homescreen... That's just the basics. Hated every second of it.
    07-04-15 09:08 AM
    It's like the fan designs have much more passion than BlackBerry designers themselves lol.

Posted via CB10
    The fans also have way less knowledge into what actually goes into designing a phone hardware-wise. Anyone can sit at a computer and make seemingly beautiful hardware that would just fail miserably if any company ever tried to really build it.

External dimensions and materials aren't the only two things that go into designing and building something.

Isn't it proof enough that Apple designed and built a phone that people had to hold with the tips of their fingers or suffer losing their signal?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which is EXACTLY why BB should consider hiring from Outside the business setting. Designers that created the BB concepts, myself included, we see what the consumer wants and needs. Of course I'm not very good with describing specs like a lot of these other Designers, but I Am a Designer.
    07-05-15 05:59 PM
26 12