Would you wait if BB10 gets delayed again?
    In a business world, if you can't deliver on time you will fail as a company. That is survival of the fittest for businesses. RIM has delayed BB10 several times. They released the playbook incomplete. They renamed bb OS 6.1 to OS7. The way I see it is they have been lying, fooling us, punking us for a long time. As I stated in another thread RIM has been working really hard to make BB10 successful. With hard work, there is always great results but I don't think I would take RIM serious if they delay BB10 again. Would you wait again if you were punk'd again and another delay is announced?
    09-28-12 09:06 AM
    Yep... I'd wait it out. I still have 9-10 months before my contract is up for renewal. I'm in no rush. My 9930 is superb.
    Hgouck, jegs2 and big_time2 like this.
    09-28-12 09:16 AM
    Yep... I'd wait it out. I still have 9-10 months before my contract is up for renewal. I'm in no rush. My 9930 is superb.
    Let's say you've had an upgrade for a few months... Would you wait? If so, can you elaborate on it?
    09-28-12 09:18 AM
    I too would wait.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-28-12 09:21 AM
    Let's say you've had an upgrade for a few months... Would you wait? If so, can you elaborate on it?
    If I could upgrade now� I�d still wait for BB10, but I would be anxious as . I have no desire for any other platform. My current device fulfills my current needs.
    09-28-12 09:25 AM
    What's with all the negative posts when this has been there has been such positive news all week? Yeah, delays are not good, some people will wait around, others won't.
    09-28-12 09:26 AM
    I wouldn't.
    I'm already peeking at the other side of the fence. Another delay would seal the deal. If it takes that long to polish the new OS, I can't even imagine how long we'll have to wait for bug fixes/OS updates.
    09-28-12 09:27 AM
    Plan on waiting till may anyway . Will the n series be out then ?. How much will it cost ?.too many questions still to be answered . Ps still lovin my 9900 and not looking forward to giving it up
    09-28-12 09:29 AM
    What's with all the negative posts when this has been there has been such positive news all week? Yeah, delays are not good, some people will wait around, others won't.
    I'm going with paranoia.
    09-28-12 09:32 AM
    Plan on waiting till may anyway . Will the n series be out then ?. How much will it cost ?.too many questions still to be answered . Ps still lovin my 9900 and not looking forward to giving it up
    I've got two pockets for two BB's

In Jan I'll still have 12 months left on this contract so will buy a BB10 outright. How much was the UK price of the 9900 handset only ? �500 - �550 if I remember so asssume BB10 will be similarly priced.
    09-28-12 09:34 AM
    If you want a BB phone with OS 10 on it you will wait. I have a 9930 which is a great phone. I am in no rush.
    People's fixation on an operating system is a mystery to me.
    09-28-12 09:36 AM
    Why not? The whole world is in just one big rush. I'll wait if need be.
    09-28-12 09:39 AM
    I wouldn't.
    I'm already peeking at the other side of the fence. Another delay would seal the deal. If it takes that long to polish the new OS, I can't even imagine how long we'll have to wait for bug fixes/OS updates.
    This is a good point. If you look at RIMs history. Bug/OS update took one year with the playbook. They expected enterprise to buy the playbook when it didn't have a calendar
    Or email support on it. But let's look at the bright side. Its a new management which in my opinion has been doing great so far. But another delay would be a blow to RIM
    09-28-12 09:45 AM
    Yep, I'd wait.

BlackBerry 10 is offering something that no other competitor is. RIM has earned my business as I've had no problems with its products or services. The competitors don't interest me at all, with the closest to BB being Windows Phone.

I was planning on buying a BB10 L-Series outright on release day, but I can't upgrade until March-April, so I could just upgrade with a discount instead.

In my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is worth waiting for. Besides, my Torch 9810 does everything I need it to do perfectly. I'm anxious for BB10, but can wait as I believe it's worth it.
    09-28-12 09:46 AM
    There will be no more delays, even if it still had problems, they will push it out in Q1 because they have to.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    highos and Syrous44 like this.
    09-28-12 09:47 AM
    I'd wait because my contract isn't up for renewal until September 2013. However RIM would probably be in shambles by then, and may be unable to finish BB10.

If I didn't have a contract, I'd just go to a nice Windows Phone 8 device.
    09-28-12 09:48 AM
    I am frustrated by a Samsung bada phone, that - after a great beginning - received one "downgrade" and held some major unresolved bugs instead of steady progress.

So I'm hoping for WP8, Tizen or BB10 as a phuture phone plattform for me. Since I'm tired of a buggy system, I'd rather jump to RIM later but having an reliable, rich and "open to many services" plattform than the opposite. And a steady progress is better than one big Jump and then bye bye.

So OS10 could come a bit later for me, but also they need to push out one day and then WORK ON INSTANT improving for some time.

My position.

Ray
    09-28-12 09:49 AM
    Why not? The whole world is in just one big rush. I'll wait if need be.
    Time waits for no man.
    09-28-12 09:49 AM
    Yep, I'd wait.

BlackBerry 10 is offering something that no other competitor is.
    What is BB10 offering that others are not? Its not even out or complete for that matter. Don't get me wrong I love my bold 9930 and I asl am waiting on BB10.
    09-28-12 09:53 AM
    From what I've seen thus far YES, & if RIM needs another 3 months to get any media consumption App that Droid has access to they had better delay again instead of releasing a device the reviews rip to shreds.

RIM has a chance to knock one out of the park here with BBX so there had better be no sour grapes no shows with what the phone can do.
    09-28-12 09:55 AM
    Would you wait if BB10 gets delayed again?
    In a business world, if you can't deliver on time you will fail as a company. That is survival of the fittest for businesses. RIM has delayed BB10 several times. They released the playbook incomplete. They renamed bb OS 6.1 to OS7. The way I see it is they have been lying, fooling us, punking us for a long time. As I stated in another thread RIM has been working really hard to make BB10 successful. With hard work, there is always great results but I don't think I would take RIM serious if they delay BB10 again. Would you wait again if you were punk'd again and another delay is announced?
    it.won't.append.or.they.die.
    09-28-12 09:57 AM
    Theoretically I would wait, but my 9800 is freezing at least a couple times a week, and is becoming frequently unresponsive once I "wake" it up. So it all depends on how the phone performs in the next few months. 5 months is a long time when you want to throw your current phone through a window...
    09-28-12 09:57 AM
    My bold 9930 freezes frequently, specially when I try to wake it up. It is very frustrating. I have to do several battery pulls in one week. This OS7 is buggy as .
    09-28-12 10:04 AM
    My bold 9930 freezes frequently, specially when I try to wake it up. It is very frustrating. I have to do several battery pulls in one week. This OS7 is buggy as .
    App related most likely. Have you wiped and reloaded OS?
    09-28-12 10:15 AM
    Only because my contract isn't up until fall. If my contract were up in March and it is still being delayed I don't think so. Especially when I'm gaining more and more interest in win8.

By fall we should all know success or failure. If success I'll consider it.
    09-28-12 10:22 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD