If someone you know wanted to trade his Storm for your Curve...wouldja??

I have a friend who loves his Storm, but his fiance doesn't like hers, and is willing to trade hers to me for my 2 month old Curve. I have bought a bunch of accessories...BUT he says he'll trade "straight up"...Would you...or wouldn't you? If you wanted to "upgrade"...would you say "No Thanks" and wait for the Verizon "Bold"?? This is a tough one for me...I like my Curve....but I like new toys.

Opinions please......
    01-08-09 11:13 PM
    Not me. I cannot imagine going back to a touchscreen device.
    I like having a qwerty or modified qwerty keyboard.
    01-08-09 11:25 PM
    Not me. I cannot imagine going back to a touchscreen device.
    I like having a qwerty or modified qwerty keyboard.

No kidding. All this talk about touch screens, as though they are the latest thing. ****, how long ago did some of us start using those green and black screened Palm III's with that StarTrek flip up cover? 10 years or more ago?

I'll admit that having a touchscreen WITH the trackball and full (real) keyboard might be good, but to just have a touchscreen is somewhat a novelty.
    01-08-09 11:28 PM
    Experience with both...I would. I did actually. But I'd use the actual device first.
    01-08-09 11:30 PM
    I do believe that I would trade! I love the tracball and the keyboard but dirt and dust is a big issue w/ me @ work. W/ a screen protector the storm would be awesome. Plus on the downside of you not liking it there are a bunch of people on crackberry who would trade their curve for your bb storm. So either way you could always go back if you didn't like it! Good luck w/ your decision! Remember too that accessories aren't worth anything in a sell! Its like a car that someone loves and they find a buyer that wants it and says they don't need the classy stereo system and they want u to take it off the price lol. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 11:37 PM
    I'd do it the trade and if don't like and upgrade like you said

01-08-09 11:39 PM
    I'd never trade my curve for a touchscreen but that's just me.
    01-08-09 11:41 PM
    No.

01-08-09 11:45 PM
    After reconsideration...do you care if you have to cut your text message time from like 3 seconds to 4 or 5 seconds? Do you enjoy installing the lastest themes? Is Viigo an important part of your life? If yes, you might stick with the Curve...for a while at least.
    01-08-09 11:49 PM
    No, because I don't like touchscreens (smudged up messes) and I need a real keyboard to type.
    01-08-09 11:51 PM
    No, because I don't like touchscreens (smudged up messes) and I need a real keyboard to type.
    But would you dump your Curve for a Bold.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/some...top-me-131626/
    01-08-09 11:55 PM
    I love my new 8900 curve and wouldn't trade it for a storm or bold! I don't fancy touchscreens or larger devices.

01-09-09 12:00 AM
    I would not trade. but, on the positive side, if you did trade and found you did not like it, you could resell it to get another curve for less.
    01-09-09 12:03 AM
    I would not trade. but, on the positive side, if you did trade and found you did not like it, you could resell it to get another curve for less.
    That's exactly my thoughts.

You can still get the Verizon version of the Bold or 8900 when those come out whether you keep the Storm or sell it for a profit and get another Curve.
    01-09-09 12:07 AM
    Two of my co-workers have the Storm and one has already switched to the Curve.

Personally, I like the new multimedia player on the Storm, but not the touch screen. I would keep your Curve.

01-09-09 12:08 AM
    Nope...just got the curve and i love it!
    01-09-09 12:11 AM
    But would you dump your Curve for a Bold.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/some...top-me-131626/
    Oh yeah!

01-09-09 12:22 AM
    Naw. I'd stick with the Curve. If you really think you can do all the funtions you need to preform on an all touchscreen phone then go for it. Personally, I couldn't live w/o my Curve.

01-09-09 12:27 AM
    I would miss the physical qwerty way too much.
    01-09-09 12:29 AM
    No way! I'm not a big fan of touchscreens.
    01-09-09 12:42 AM
    You might want to try typing on the Storm first, if your comfortable with it do it.
    01-09-09 12:53 AM
    I had the curve before now I have the storm and love it. I had to send my curve back after 1year for the trackball hanging up and my brother has the world edition and is having the same problem. At first I didn't think I was going to like the storm over the trackball but I wouldn't trade my storm for the world.
    01-09-09 01:09 AM
    Votes are in and tabulated. Final.... 13 NO....don't trade your curve for a storm!!!

5 YES...trade for the state of the art touch screen.

2 say...wait for the VZW version of Bold.

I have decided to go with the majority and told my buddy...NO. I'll keep my precious Curve.....until maybe when the Bold (Niagara) comes available.

Thanks to all the respondents that helped me make this important decision.
    01-09-09 10:18 PM
    If someone you know wanted to trade his Storm for your Curve...wouldja??

I have a friend who loves his Storm, but his fiance doesn't like hers, and is willing to trade hers to me for my 2 month old Curve. I have bought a bunch of accessories...BUT he says he'll trade "straight up"...Would you...or wouldn't you? If you wanted to "upgrade"...would you say "No Thanks" and wait for the Verizon "Bold"?? This is a tough one for me...I like my Curve....but I like new toys.

Opinions please......
    She would be getting the better of the deal, so my answer is no, i wouldn't trade
    01-09-09 11:00 PM
    Or you could try the palm pre when it comes out. Best of both worlds. Touchdcreen and keyboard (sliding)
    I am anxious to play with one but I don't think I could ever dump the curve, well maybe for a bold later on

01-09-09 11:02 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD