I returned my iphone6 that I paid for but I would take the free phone. It's free!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    10-25-14 11:29 AM
    I wish my boss would offer to supply my phone or reimburse me for even a portion of my phone expenses. I would ask if BlackBerry was an option, but i would take whatever was offered and I would be very grateful for it. But that's just me.

white Z30 STA100-5
    anon(5061193) and haringfish like this.
    10-25-14 12:01 PM
    Plead your case on what makes you most productive.
    10-25-14 12:51 PM
    It is funny that the Company will pay for an Iphone and NOT the best Business phone available..... sort of ***-backwards
    the Company is with Verizon... Verizon doesn't have the Passport. Do you really expect the company to cancel their Verizon contract?
    10-25-14 01:41 PM
    My company using windows phones and I buy myself BlackBerry phone's like some other people but saddly BES 10 is stopping in jan 2015. But still I can use my Passport on the network but not with balance anymore after jan 2015.
    I feel your pain bro...just found out that my company's BES10 server is so old it wont support Blend on the work side of the device. So here I have the latest in mobile Business communication and productivity and I can not leverage it. About 2 years ago there was a sudden and hard shift to iPhones and its been a rapid decline of BB so I get it, why spend the large dollars upgrading a MDM system that may not be needed for many.

It sucks because I see so many benefits with this ecosystem but the BB turn around may have been too late for the benefits to be realized at my corp.

I can still use it for personal email and BBM but I really wanted the Hub layout for my emails and the EAS calendar on my dashboard.
    10-25-14 01:54 PM
    I'd take the free phone and be super happy. The iPhone might not be as good as a BlackBerry, but it's clearly a decent phone. Plus you can enjoy lots of apps that you can't get through BlackBerry World.

And I definitely agree that selling the company phone to buy a Passport would be a huge mistake.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-25-14 02:00 PM
    IMO, this is a stupid question. Why would I refuse a free phone no matter what it is? If you want to buy a PP with your own money that is another matter. Sheesz , some people just have too much time on their hands.
    Bbnivende and TGR1 like this.
    10-25-14 02:09 PM
    IMO, this is a stupid question. Why would I refuse a free phone no matter what it is? If you want to buy a PP with your own money that is another matter. Sheesz , some people just have too much time on their hands.
    Very well put Sir! +1

The idea of taking a perfectly good free phone and then using it as a door stop as someone suggested. Laughable.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-25-14 02:15 PM
    If I am not mistaken there would be a sort of "Contract" assumed when accepting said free iPhone and that would be you would have to use it for work functions. I highly doubt they would allow a work asset to be sold or relegated for uses other than work functions.

That or buy your own for work functions.

I have to be honest I would also be torn with this decision. I really enjoy the experience of a BB and would have difficulty and frustration being forced to use iOS, there is value in avoiding the frustration and change in ones comfort zone.
    10-25-14 03:06 PM
    I feel your pain bro...just found out that my company's BES10 server is so old it wont support Blend on the work side of the device. So here I have the latest in mobile Business communication and productivity and I can not leverage it. About 2 years ago there was a sudden and hard shift to iPhones and its been a rapid decline of BB so I get it, why spend the large dollars upgrading a MDM system that may not be needed for many.

It sucks because I see so many benefits with this ecosystem but the BB turn around may have been too late for the benefits to be realized at my corp.

I can still use it for personal email and BBM but I really wanted the Hub layout for my emails and the EAS calendar on my dashboard.
    I find it rather odd that a server running BES 10 can not support Blend. Could someone who knows BES comment?

I used a company Blackberry 2005 to 2008. I bet I was on that phone an extra two hours a day on my own time.
    10-25-14 04:23 PM
    I find it rather odd that a server running BES 10 can not support Blend. Could someone who knows BES comment?

I used a company Blackberry 2005 to 2008. I bet I was on that phone an extra two hours a day on my own time.
    Here is the skinny on that, they need to make money after all and I do not blame them for forcing paid updates for new features for enterprise solutions.

If using an earlier version of BlackBerry Enterprise Service as stated above then an upgrade is required.

1- Upgrade BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to version 10.2.4 or later
    2-Enable Workspace access within the BlackBerry Blend IT Policy group

KB36323-When attempting to unlock the workspace in BlackBerry Blend a message is displayed asking to contact administrator
    10-25-14 04:38 PM
    Depends. If it's a 128 GB iPhone 6+, I probably wouldn't even think about it by now.
    If it's only the 32GB one, I'd probably just take it and then sell it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:58 PM
    I'd probably just take it and then sell it.

Posted via CB10
    I may have missed a post that spoke differently but I highly doubt that is an option here...

If he takes the IP he has to use it, every day for 2 years or more...for some that is a cost and one that needs to be considered leveraging against the want (need) is to use a Passport.

In that perspective think I would just pay for my own device of choice which as a Passport user now would be the Passport.
    10-25-14 05:35 PM
    Depends. If it's a 128 GB iPhone 6+, I probably wouldn't even think about it by now.

Posted via CB10
    What's the difference? Lack of expandable storage? X,'D

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-25-14 06:18 PM
    Typically company supplied phones remain the property of the company. They exchange the phone when it is done and want it back if you leave / retire. When you get a phone it may not even be new. Selling the phone is not usually a option.
    10-25-14 06:59 PM
    It's neither positively or negatively correlated with productivity unless you work for BlackBerry. You people and your financial or market share bs

And why may I ask is BlackBerry an exception? The Company's employees use BB phones and thus are the most productive than any employee of other companies.
    10-25-14 07:46 PM
    Company wants to pay for an iphone 6+ for me..... should I take it or get a Passport on my own dime???? No.... company is with Verizon so getting a Passport from them is not an option.....Don't want to carry both (but I might)
    Having others pay for stuff is always better.
    10-25-14 10:49 PM
    I may have missed a post that spoke differently but I highly doubt that is an option here...

If he takes the IP he has to use it, every day for 2 years or more...for some that is a cost and one that needs to be considered leveraging against the want (need) is to use a Passport.

In that perspective think I would just pay for my own device of choice which as a Passport user now would be the Passport.
    Yeah, I tend to forget sometimes that most companies aren't as liberal as mine is, when it comes down to phones.

So yeah, the first point still stands.
    If it's a 128GB one, I wouldn't even think about it and would definitely take the iPhone.
    Now, depending on the corporate strategy in terms of mobile phones, the iPhone could be severally gimped in its ability to perform as a smartphone for private use, which would mean that the user needs another phone anyhow.

If that is the case, it wouldn't matter how much storage the iPhone has, or if he likes the phone, since the OP would need another phone as his private one anyhow.

Having others pay for stuff is always better.
    I personally like to be able to pay for my own stuff, but when the company you work for, offers you something like an iPhone for 700$....
    I very probably wouldn't think twice about letting my company pay (like they will do for my next phone).

What's the difference? Lack of expandable storage? X,'D

I congratulate you Sherlock!
    Since storage was the only variable I used....

How did you guess?!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    10-25-14 11:23 PM
    All this debate over whether to pay for a phone or accept a free one. Craziness.
    MarsupilamiX and jegs2 like this.
    10-26-14 12:12 AM
    I'd rather have the device where company doesn't see the actual phone bill reimburse me? Fine and I'll choose my device (passport, if it was avail on Verizon). But company supplies the phone tracks the gps, creeps on the apps, what I type, the emails to my family, the pics I take, yeah I'll stick with any phone that keeps me away from that dystopian society.

I work in financial services. For those think this is fear mongering let me say this absolutely goes on at the big NYC banks and yes, it is legal if they own the device and pay for it.
    Not just in NY. My wife works for hedge fund in Asia and everything is tracked in the office. This system has been in place since I started in securities field in early 90's. Before board meetings staff would scan for microphones under tables or inside lamps as competitors wanted to eavesdrop on the meetings. Emails are definitely tracked and messages with swear words sent to staff are blocked. So I'm not surprised by your comments. I'm sure this goes on as well in other sectors with varying degrees of security.
    10-26-14 05:08 AM
    My work gave me a Samsung and I bought a z30. Passport wasn't available back then.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:47 AM
    Wtf is a docusign? Lol iwarrior is here . Isn't that just something to sign a document?

We use Docusign and Docusign for Good on both our agency provided iPhones, iPads, and Galaxy devices.

Would you rather have (Company Paid) iPhone 6+ or Passport (pay for myself)?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414331791.958770.jpg

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-26-14 09:00 AM
    the Company is with Verizon... Verizon doesn't have the Passport. Do you really expect the company to cancel their Verizon contract?
    No, I don't.... But we could open a T-mobile or Att account and then allow people the option of the Blackberry.... or just reimburse me...
    10-26-14 09:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can't sell it. It is owned by the company... The question is... Do I take the phone I really want and PAY for it or use a phone that is given to me? $600 up front and $70 per month (give or take)... or the top of the line IPhone for FREE??? I can afford it, but does it make any sense at all, not to take the free one???
    10-26-14 09:26 AM
    I can't sell it. It is owned by the company... The question is... Do I take the phone I really want and PAY for it or use a phone that is given to me? $600 up front and $70 per month (give or take)... or the top of the line IPhone for FREE??? I can afford it, but does it make any sense at all, not to take the free one???
    You are getting too hung up on either/or. The work phone is irrelevant to your decision to buy the phone of your choice given work offers no support for your carrier. Two separate issues, the phones.

It makes no sense not to take the free one. In fact, that's a no brainer unless you find huge disadvantages to the free phone (eg. in my case I won't use physical keyboards due to RSI flare ups).

The only question is whether you want to fork over the bucks for a new toy to play with. The usual dilemma we face

ETA: I really, really hope all the posts suggesting selling the work phone were jokes. Otherwise
    10-26-14 09:39 AM
115 12345