And...still...lacking...popular...apps
    08-17-13 11:52 PM
    For under a $100.00 I would purchase one.
    08-18-13 02:31 AM
    How's Z10 a mediocre failure? What does other phones do that Z10 doesn't or can't do? Just because Z10 is lagging in comparable sales as the iPhone or Samsung does not equate "half baked" product. Does submersible water resistant and HDR video automatically qualify a phone as awesome in your opinion. Some people are just naturally fickle minded.
    Z10 is an awesome phone that's very very practical for business and still fantastic for pleasure or social....even my kids love playing games on it. "Keep moving"
    For its sky-high priceZ10 is an utter failure that.came out with.a half-baked OS, horrible Android support, lacking even the most basic features, not to mention apps and was and still is ridden with showstopping bugs, according to.my.2-weeks+ use back in June.
    I.liked the UI, the browser, some smart little things like.the.Hub, loved the keyboard, it was great but showstopper bugs really sealed my original unease about paying over $600 for a.phone.with the specs of my almost year-old Xperia T (sans its camera, my T is still miles ahead.of any BB in photo or video quality...)

BB10 should've shipped with what 10.2 is shaping up to, on a $400 unlocked Z10, and a $500 Q10 (for the technically challenged 50+ generation), followed up with a $280 Q5 and eventually with a 1080p quad-core 5-5.2" top-tier $650 Z30 device, all running Android apps.smoothly.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    08-18-13 03:01 AM
    I plan to buy the Note 3 when released. It seems to be an amazing phone/mobile computer. Initially I thought the size might be too much, but I use my phone more for web surfing and media consumption. I absolutely LOVE my iPhone 5 but I could see the advantages to a larger screen. Im sold!
    I'm curious why you are even here in a BlackBerry forum when you clearly prefer iOS devices.
    08-19-13 02:59 AM
    No I want a bigger screen than Q10 with bigger keyboard

Q5
    08-19-13 03:08 AM
    I'm curious why you are even here in a BlackBerry forum when you clearly prefer iOS devices.
    Probably because I own a bb9900 and the fact that I've been a blackberry user since the 8700. Why are you worried about my posts; Is it because I mentioned my love for my iPhone 5? If it makes you happy, I will admit to loving my bb9700 too. I just pulled it out of the drawer and reminisced about the past. Still one of my favorite Blackberrys ever!
    agp101 likes this.
    08-19-13 06:08 AM
    Having a 6 inch phablet from BlackBerry would nicely replace my playbook.Posted via CB10
    It's not going to replace your PlayBook, no more so than the 5.5" Note 2 replaced my PlayBook. (Actually, my Nexus 10 was what really replaced my PlayBook, but that's another story.) People think, oh, it's only a inch or inch and a half difference from the PlayBook (or whatever 7" tab). But that's not the right way of looking at it. You have to compare screen real estate by measuring the square inches of the display -- not the respective diagonal measurements. For example, my wife's S4 has a 5" screen, while my Note has a 5.5" screen. You'd think that was very close, but my wife's phone looks like a toy next to my phone.

I've always found phablets to be ridiculous. They tend to be uglier and less portable, and seem to appeal to people who think bigger is better or convince themselves that extra screen space is necessary. I've never known of or seen anyone who owns or wants to own a phablet. They also look silly if you use it for a phone call and have to hold it near your face. Like, really silly.
    Have you ever even seen anybody use the Note 2 for a call? I kind of doubt it. I use it all the time for calls, and don't feel that I look "silly," let alone that people are looking at me thinking as much. It's just a slightly larger phone, not a 10" tablet. It's no less portable than any other phone I've had, and as far as "ugly" goes -- it's no uglier or prettier than any other full touchscreen phone because it's all display screen with a narrow bezel.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-19-13 06:35 AM
    Probably because I own a bb9900 and the fact that I've been a blackberry user since the 8700. Why are you worried about my posts; Is it because I mentioned my love for my iPhone 5? If it makes you happy, I will admit to loving my bb9700 too. I just pulled it out of the drawer and reminisced about the past. Still one of my favorite Blackberrys ever!
    I guess because I despise Apple and especially iOS after using BlackBerry phones. They are so different and iOS limits drive me crazy. I'm just curious why iOS lovers would be here commenting if you don't even have a BB10 phone.
    08-19-13 12:48 PM
    NO, because I cannot imagine looking this ridiculous
    Attached Thumbnails Would you buy a BlackBerry Phablet?-sm.png  
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-19-13 09:43 PM
    use a bluetooth headset....
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-20-13 03:21 AM
    I wouldn't get a BlackBerry phablet. If history is any indication, it would be half baked at launch and I'd be waiting for forever for updates.. I'm thinking of getting a Note 3 for use during the winter. When summer hits I'll change back to iPhone.
    08-20-13 07:29 AM
    NO, because I cannot imagine looking this ridiculous
    I'm pretty sure that's actually a guy goofing around with a 7" tab and not the Mega. You might think, 7", 6.3", what's the diff, but a difference of 0.7" in the diagonal screen measurement can make a huge difference in device size. Look at the difference between the S4 and Note 2 -- there is only a 0.5" difference in the diagonal screen measurement between the two, but the Note 2 dwarfs the S4.

Still, even if it's not the one in the photo, the Mega is still huge.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-20-13 08:21 AM
    @JasW: I get all of that AND I still don't want a phone that is that ridiculously large. 6" is a bridge too far for me.
    08-20-13 09:46 AM
    @JasW: I get all of that AND I still don't want a phone that is that ridiculously large. 6" is a bridge too far for me.
    You've never struck me as someone who cares whether people might think you look ridiculous, AG. I don't think it looks particularly ridiculous in any event -- here's a vidcap from the AC hands on review of the Mega:

Would you buy a BlackBerry Phablet?-megatalk.jpg

For the record, the huge device in your pic is actually the Asus Fone Pad, and it is 7". I think I'd draw the line somewhere between the Mega and the Fone Pad.
    08-20-13 02:37 PM
    @JasW, I'll concede to you on the size in the original post but still, that thing is massive. 4.5 to 5" max is about all I think I'd go for (operative word being: think)
    08-20-13 07:34 PM
    At this point in time, I wouldn't consider a phablet period, regardless of brand. 4.3" - 4.7" is about ideal for me as far as balancing screen size and device size.
    08-20-13 11:04 PM
    I do,actually I just bought a 64gb PlayBook ,i also own a Z10 (love it) and my old 9700 and my BlackBerry Curve,i have a galaxy s3 and belive me, my Z10 is way superior in every aspect,my next device will be the Q10 and of course I'm looking into getting the Z30 if comes to Verizon

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:14 PM
    If BlackBerry will be successful with the Z30 (2mio devices maybe?)
    They might thinking to build a much bigger one to combat the Galaxy Note ...

Do do you need a BlackBerry device bigger than 5"? Maybe a 6" one?

[ I would buy one ]

Posted via CB10
    I would not buy a phablet by BlackBerry. They would just discontinue support for it after a few years.

#BlackBerryTorchBearer
    08-20-13 11:27 PM
    No.

I want a physical keyboard on my smartphone, and I don't like gigantic cell phones. My wife has a Galaxy Note II, and that thing is entirely too large for my taste.
    08-20-13 11:50 PM
    Z10, Note 2, PlayBook, or even my Nexus 7, I don't like having the glad against my face (no matter what size screen it has). I almost always use a headset (or speakerphone), even back when I was using my 8830. Besides, I'm on the phone maybe 10 minutes a month these days. Everybody texts or BBMs. I barely know anyone who uses a smartphone as a phone.
    Al Watson and RAFA1 like this.
    08-21-13 07:18 AM
120 ... 345