Hi all.

This is my first time on the forum and would appreciate some help. I've still got 1 year of school left and then I'll try to find a job. Whatever company I end up working for will probably give me a Blackberry as a benefit.

But my personal cell phone plan is up and I'd like to get a blackberry (sorta like a toy for this one year before I graduate).

I want a blackberry for its cool design, pda functions like calender etc. If wifi wasn't an option I would get the data plan. But apparently the Blackberry 8800 series has a wifi option. My school and home is fully wifi integrated.

Would it make more sense for me to just get the phone, save $30 bucks a month, and just use free wifi?

Thanks!
    06-07-08 08:17 PM
    If you dont plan on leaving your house or school EVER.... You'll be ok.
    06-07-08 08:21 PM
    If you dont plan on leaving your house or school EVER.... You'll be ok.
    Yea. You're going to find not being able to use the full features of your bb all the time depressing. I didn't have my data plan for 2 days, and I couldn't deal with it anymore. Your going to want to use your bb anywhere and everywhere.
    06-07-08 08:30 PM
    lol you need the data plan to use wifi
    06-07-08 09:20 PM
    lol you need the data plan to use wifi
    Erm... no.
    06-07-08 09:34 PM
    i dont think you would be able to use push email BIS bc that requires data through RIM. I have to say on my IPod Touch i have wifi access everywhere, and if i have wifi on my BB i prob wouldnt have data either.
    06-07-08 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD