I got my Pearl, I think Im going to like it, it feels good in my hand and I like the keys.
    08-15-08 10:43 PM
    I got my Pearl, I think Im going to like it, it feels good in my hand and I like the keys.
    Good for you,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 11:22 PM
    I have a peal I am a guy I just did not want the bulk of the curve but I am thinkn bout the bold when sprint gets it I like the key size but I stil have hit two at a time enjoy your pearl and remember the most important person you answer to is the one staring back at you in the mirror. This was a lot to type an a pearl

08-15-08 11:43 PM
    As a person who has and uses both, I can assure you that
    aside from the memory issue that has been pointed out
    that you will not be sacrificing anything. The Pearl as the
    Curve is, is a great phone.

If it is more comfortable for you, have at it.
    08-15-08 11:44 PM
    I switched from the 8830 to the pearl a week ago and love it. both great phones but just got tired of carrying that brick around. i love the small size of the pearl. I was a bit concerned about the keyboard but after having it for a few days its not a problem at all. im glad i mad the switch.
    08-15-08 11:50 PM
    Yup you'd def. be downgrading. I have a pearl and a curve, love them both but the curve has won me over. As far as it being a girly phone, I know 5 straight guys with a pearl and only 1 girl with a pearl.

08-15-08 11:51 PM
    I switched from the 8830 to the pearl a week ago and love it. both great phones but just got tired of carrying that brick around.
    The Pearl and the Curve are the same height, The Curve is .4 inches wider
    Less than 1/2 an inch makes it a brick?
    08-15-08 11:54 PM
    AG, come back to the other thread. Questions like that cause migraines.
    08-16-08 12:01 AM
    If you read my post I said I went from the 8830 to the pearl. What are the dimensions of that? Cause it sure looks, feels, and seems like it is quite smaller. Maybe its just my skewed perception..
    08-16-08 12:12 AM
    If you read my post I said I went from the 8830 to the pearl. What are the dimensions of that? Cause it sure looks, feels, and seems like it is quite smaller. Maybe its just my skewed perception..
    I swear nothing annoys me more than when someone challenges my ability
    to both read and comprehend.

Go to the BlackBerry site and you will see how negligible the size difference really is.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-16-08 at 02:20 AM.
    08-16-08 01:17 AM
    I just got a Curve, and I'm learning how to do this Qwery thing that everyone raves about

I know it'll take some time to adjust, but I (kinda) miss SureType and not having to worry about my fat fingers pressing the wrong buttons.

I don't think it's downgrading. Whatever works for you!
    08-16-08 01:23 AM
    I just got a Curve, and I'm learning how to do this Qwery thing that everyone raves about

I know it'll take some time to adjust, but I (kinda) miss SureType and not having to worry about my fat fingers pressing the wrong buttons.

I don't think it's downgrading. Whatever works for you!
    I'm with you on the SureType. I just think the keys on the Curve are
    too small and improperly spaced. But that's me and why I will not give
    up the Pearl.
    08-16-08 01:27 AM
    Amazing. Are you seriously trying to tell me that the size difference between the 8830 WE and the Pearl is negligible?? If you are maybe you have never held both of them in your hand.

Pearl
    # 4.2" (107mm) (Length) = .47" shorter
    # 1.97" (50mm) (Width) = .63" narrower
    # .55" (14mm) (Depth)
    # Approximately 3.4 oz (96g) (Weight) = 1.2 oz lighter

# 4.49"/114mm (Length)
    # 2.60"/66mm (Width)
    # 0.55"/14mm (Depth)
    # 4.6 oz/132g (Weight)

Now maybe a half inch shorter, well over a half inch narrower, and much lighter is negligible to you. But I think you are on your own with this one. Go to the store and put both of them in your hand and tell me if you still think the same. I doubt it.
    08-16-08 11:03 AM
    I'm with you on the Sure Type. I just think the keys on the Curve are
    too small and improperly spaced. But that's me and why I will not give
    up the Pearl.
    i love my sure type to my spelling is not the best in the world so the sure type helps me out a lot so you guys want chastise me to bad.
    08-16-08 02:44 PM
    i love my sure type to my spelling is not the best in the world so the sure type helps me out a lot so you guys want chastise me to bad.
    Too bad SureType doesn't help with grammar and punctuation.
    08-16-08 02:45 PM
    Too bad SureType doesn't help with grammar and nctuation.
    that part is true but to me as long as i can understand what someone is trying to say i don't care if they have every i dotted and every t crossed.
    08-16-08 03:03 PM
    Sounds like you need to get a bit more self confidence.
    I have a pearl and whenever I become a bit insecure about my sexuality, I reach out and lick my trackball ever so gently..
    Dude it's a phone, not a billboard to what you do in bed.

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Go to the BlackBerry site and you will see how negligible the size difference really is.
    Oh AG, keepin' it spicy.
    08-16-08 03:04 PM
    that part is true but to me as long as i can understand what someone is trying to say i don't care if they have every i dotted and every t crossed.
    Lol... Thankfully, your device already crosses your T's and dots your I's for you.
    08-16-08 03:04 PM

Well, when it says 8830 and you quote the sizes of the curve.....Just teasing you AG.
    08-16-08 03:08 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD