I think so. You would not have to worry about a sales person pushing another brand, they could sell or give away stickers, caps, etc. Much better demos could be available. Accessories would be available. They could still offer the different carriers and maybe offer a plan of their own. Seems like so many opportunities available.

Posted via CB10
    No, huge expense and a bad idea given their sales numbers. Selling direct unlocked devices online from the BlackBerry Store is the way to go. It's a niche market, not mass market like Apple or Samsung.
    10-09-13 04:10 PM
    I think for a retail store to work, BBRY would need a more diverse product line.
    They already have too many devices IMO.
    10-09-13 04:18 PM
    Was this taken when they were closed, where are the employees?

Posted via CB10
    They're finding new jobs....
    10-09-13 04:21 PM
    How about they have a store that sells their products the less popular brands like Sony, LG, HTC, with accessories. They could name the store something other than BlackBerry. After all, the lesser brands could offer a wider range of their products + BlackBerry could lease space to them. Also have a line of prepay phones.

Posted via CB10
    Lol!!! Come on now, you're killing me man!!

Pretty sure I made jokes about stores consisting of a display case of 2 phones last time this as floated.... And probably jokes about 1 phone store before that!

Love that people are stretching to include pb in the store in this thread!! :-)

But now... You just kicked this idea to the next level!!!

Lloyd: Man, just having stores of a few unpopular phones isn't working. I don't know why... I like them!

Harry: Hey! I know, let's find other unpopular products and fill the store with them!!

Lloyd: Cha-Ching!!!! Your so smart Harry! You got this business thing down!
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-09-13 04:22 PM
    Lol!!! Come on now, you're killing me man!!

Pretty sure I made jokes about stores consisting of a display case of 2 phones last time this as floated.... And probably jokes about 1 phone store before that!

Love that people are stretching to include pb in the store in this thread!! :-)

But now... You just kicked this idea to the next level!!!

Lloyd: Man, just having stores of a few unpopular phones isn't working. I don't know why... I like them!

Harry: Hey! I know, let's find other unpopular products and fill the store with them!!

Lloyd: Cha-Ching!!!! Your so smart Harry! You got this business thing down!
    Harry and Lloyd, huh? Even the names sound smart! They're bound to succeed

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 04:29 PM
    Tough crowd here. How about a guy with a wheel barrow full of BlackBerry phones standing on corner selling @ discounted prices?

Posted via CB10
    They should leverage those stupid bb vans (gave up on those I hope),each staffed by a strange man in a trench coat. Put them on street corners and back alleys, give out free z10 samples - and, if you want them to be successful, actual crack!
    10-09-13 04:29 PM
    What about a mobile stores, like the vans that showed up in other threads, but go to schools, colleges, parks, etc., and sell there with preloaded games and apps, make some contest and give away a few.

If they want the consumer market they have to target newcomers, the ones in other platforms too hard to convert.
    10-09-13 06:51 PM
    No! They have actual product issues. Not mass marketing issues
    10-09-13 07:03 PM
    Make the phones available online "EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE". Have price incentives for people to run to, or to give BlackBerry a huge consideration in their next purchase. Educate. Re-invent marketing. Get out of the box thinking with sales specials. Be on the street with sales people from time to time in various busy sections to promote, and promote. Have more knowledgeable, happy to use BlackBerry product "people" out there ( in your face) with fun, cool looking enthusiastic approaches that sells. Persuade with humour. Use to teach what great features there is to use in BlackBerry BB10, and how to use these great BlackBerry BB10 features on your BB10 fun and for business phone. Sales people that are ready to encounter all walks of life. Be they consumers, prosumers, or enterprise. People who can help make people believe, and want to be a part of it. Those who want to be an essential part of the BB10 experience. Those who want to go for it. As described go with the loyalty and the love of the people who do care about BlackBerry, and let them sell the BlackBerry products (and I'm not talking about just word of mouth). Paid people. Ready for Action. In short an ARMY of BlackBerry LOVERS!!! lol That might work.
    tmanthib likes this.
    10-09-13 07:21 PM
    BlackBerry is contracting right now. Opening retail stores wouldn't make an ounce of sense.

That being said, and considering how unpredictable this company has been lately, don't rule it out for sometime next year.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 10-09-13 at 08:56 PM.
    10-09-13 07:22 PM
    ..there appears to be an employee with his back turned in the back left corner and possibly one behind the central pillar...the question is where are the customers
    10-09-13 07:44 PM
    Put it in Malaysia. Sure it will help.

Posted via Non-iOS Non-Android Non-WP device
    there's a BB store in KL. in Bandar Utama.
    and as previous poster said, it's missing one important ingredient. the customers.
    10-09-13 07:53 PM
    You know I was just thinking about this, I was walking around Yorkdale mall in Toronto, Ontario which is a huge upscale mall.. I saw the Microsoft Store, Apple Store, Best Buy Mobile but no BlackBerry! I'm sure if they had a huge blackberry kiosk and marketed it properly it would be a huuuuge hit

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:55 PM
    Not right now, but then again, they have started selling online on their own. That is a small victory in and of itself.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:56 PM
    It would be nice, but realistically not possible at this time. They could get more bang by putting their resources in an amazing Web store. I know they're selling products online now, but they could really improve on that. On the other hand, carriers are having enough troubles selling their products. This idea may put a final nail in the coffin for carrier support. Not sure?

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless and CDM76 like this.
    10-09-13 08:00 PM
    in Kuala Lumpur, to make the presence of Samsung larger, they opened up retail and servicing shops all over BIG shopping malls.
    Would BlackBerry do better if they had their own stores?-samsung-stores.jpg

and with aggressive ads in newspapers and buildings (i saw a Q10 ads on a whole building in KL. will capture when i go to that part later), i'm pretty sure BB will make more sales...
    10-09-13 08:00 PM
    You know I was just thinking about this, I was walking around Yorkdale mall in Toronto, Ontario which is a huge upscale mall.. I saw the Microsoft Store, Apple Store, Best Buy Mobile but no BlackBerry! I'm sure if they had a huge blackberry kiosk and marketed it properly it would be a huuuuge hit
    No, it would not be. Think about your comparatives for a second. How diverse a product line does Microsoft have? Apple? That is why their stores make sense and have measures of success. BlackBerry on the other hand could not / can not, on the strength of it's product portfolio make a successful run at this.
    10-09-13 08:08 PM
    No, it would not be. Think about your comparatives for a second. How diverse a product line does Microsoft have? Apple? That is why their stores make sense and have measures of success. BlackBerry on the other hand could not / can not, on the strength of it's product portfolio make a successful run at this.
    Which is why they should sell their whole backlog of devices through online now...no?

I think they could go one step further and sell the Legacy devices and the Playbook, as it could flat bring in some revenue.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:15 PM
    A store for what? The 4 cell phone models they sell?

Maybe a change room to try on the holster as well?

Sometimes I wonder abut you guys.
    Sorry but the change room joke was too good and worth a reply. I loled good.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-09-13 08:25 PM
    Which is why they should sell their whole backlog of devices through online now...no?

I think they could go one step further and sell the Legacy devices and the Playbook, as it could flat bring in some revenue.
    Absolutely. If BlackBerry is going to do their own sales, independent of the carriers, then direct to consumer via online means is the best and most cost effective way I would think. A physical store with all it's attendant costs would make the notion a non starter.
    10-09-13 08:42 PM
    You are absolutely correct.. which is why I said kiosk

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:05 PM
    You are absolutely correct.. which is why I said kiosk
    I hear you but honestly I don't even think that would work. Online is their best shot IMO.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-09-13 09:25 PM
    ..there appears to be an employee with his back turned in the back left corner and possibly one behind the central pillar...the question is where are the customers
    To be fair, haven't you seen small stores in the malls empty at one time or another, I have. Maybe it just opened or near closing time.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:29 PM
    Apple stores work because they have more than JUST the iPhone. They have tablets. They have laptops. They have ipods. They have excessive accessories for all those products.

BlackBerry has one product line. Phones. No store will last long if it only sells one product line. A kiosk at airports maybe. But individual stores..... not a chance. would be waste of time, focus, and money.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:51 PM
    No store will last long if it only sells one product line.
    No tech company will last long if it only sells one product line (BlackBerry, HTC)
    10-09-13 10:55 PM
97 1234