Hi I've been on this forum for a while now, but never really posted cause I was always able to find my answers. I just wanted to get some opinions if it is worth selling my bold. Don't get me wrong I love it and it is by far the best bb I've had. That's being said times are tough especially with trying to save for a wedding and a new house, so right now every single penny helps. I do have my old 8800 it does everything I need it to do just not as fast and pretty as my bold. Also I am available for an upgrade in a couple of weeks (had an e71 and traded it for a bold) and can always go back for the bold later. Just wanna get some opinions if it worth ebaying for couple hundred $ or should I stop being cheap and keep it? Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 10:46 AM
    id keep it myself, your probably only going to get a couple hundred for it anyhow and you can easily make 200 with something else

but of course its entirely up to you
    01-15-09 10:48 AM
    Like you said times are tough for a lot of people and imo having a bb can be a luxury at times. If you're trying to save for a wedding and a house I would say sell get what you can and save for what is important. And when you get those things taken care of who knows what kinda new bb's will be out there.

Its all about what you think would be the right thing for you to do. Congrats on the wedding I hope everything works out for you.
    01-15-09 10:50 AM
    But also remember with times being so tough, you might not be able to sell it.

01-15-09 10:52 AM
    I would keep it...
    01-15-09 10:54 AM
    Maybe I can help you out if you really wanna sell it. pm me if you want
    01-15-09 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the replies! John your right ia couple hundred isn't a lot but it is...no what I meant. Vndlewis, I thought about that too and don't wanna take the chance ebaying it and getting nothing. Thanks addict, I might pm you later. Thanks guys

01-15-09 11:37 AM
    Anytime, keeping it seems like a good decision IMO...
    01-15-09 11:39 AM
    i am in the same situation as yourself. i am in the process of waiting to see if i am approved for a loan so i can put an offer in on a condo and i am recently engaged as well.
    me and the fiance have the sep from sprint and we have had it for about 6 months now so we have learned to change some other finances around like the cable bill and car insurance in order to save money.
    packing lunch's (pb&j) and alot of crystal light from bj's
    so far it is working to our advantage and we are saving money like crazy.
    you dont realize how much money you are spending on lunches and usless stuff untill you sit down and do the math.

i was spending 180 a month on lunch and she was spending more because she would get 3 cups of coffee a day. all in total just in lunches we are saving 400 a month.

i am trying to sell my old treos as well and it just isnt going as fast as i wanted it to and people keep trying to offer me 75 bucks for a brand new 755 or 800.
    everybody else is having a tough time as well and they dont want to pay the full asking price so you will never get what you want for the phone.

p.s. i know the treos compared to the blackberry's are worth 75 bucks but we wont tell the ppl on craigslist, lol
    01-15-09 12:01 PM
    Yea I'm starting to think about just keeping and sacrifice the money to keep this bad boy. The money would be nice but this thing is just to sexy to give up. But eve6 your right, I just gotta start making sacrifices else where for a couple more months. Weddings and houses are tooo expensive and just start making you think of things as need rather than want and about other thing rather than urself. That being said when I told the fiance about selling the bold she said not to sell it and just give to her.

01-15-09 02:43 PM
    Times are tough but I guess it depends on your needs. I have to get this now to be able to stay connected with work. It is important for my business and really in the end I'm sure I can sell it and total out of cost expense is not much. Long term cost over the course of time you own the device is what I look at more than anything. I do that with cars or whatever. Divide the cost (originakl cost minus selling price after finished using it) and divide by the number of months or years you used it and voila an average cost of usage for X device. That will tell you if it's worth it.
    01-15-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD