I currently have a tour with sprint and I am happy with it. My upgrade comes Jan 1 2011 and not sure if I should upgrade to the 9650 or style, or nothing and hold out. I have been hearing that os6 isn't all that great on nontouch bb's. I don't really need wifi, but I do like that the style has a 5 mp camera. Does it take better quality videos? I prefer a candybar style bb so its a decision in itself. Anybody upgrade from tour to 9650 or style and glad they did?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 05:06 PM
    By the time your upgrade's up, there might be better phones down the pipeline. Since it's only a month away, I'd way a little longer for them. The only things you'd be looking forward to are: Trackpad, and additional memory.
    12-08-10 05:13 PM
    By the time your upgrade's up, there might be better phones down the pipeline. Since it's only a month away, I'd way a little longer for them. The only things you'd be looking forward to are: Trackpad, and additional memory.
    Good call! That's what I was thinking, but sprint mostly gets shafted on the best rim devices

12-08-10 06:17 PM
    I wouldn't expect a new release until February or so. Give the Christmas buying season returns a chance to settle down. But if you can wait that long, we'll see what crops up.

12-08-10 06:29 PM
    If you've stuck with Tour this long, you may as well ride it out until something new comes along if you're set on sticking with BB.

Bold is a great device, without a doubt, but best I was ever able to find is that with the exception of ram, wifi, and trackpad, the rest of it is simply recycled Tour components. Personally I couldn't see buying nearly the same device over again. OS 6 is the only reason to upgrade to Bold, and that hasn't been officially released yet anyway. I've read about some of the leaks not being quite ready for prime time...

Supposedly RIM is coming out with some cool new stuff for 2011 if the rumor mill is believable.
    12-08-10 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the advice! My mind would be made up if I knew the alledged storm3 would come to sprint in the next few months. FAT CHANCE!!!

12-08-10 06:59 PM
    Thanks for the advice! My mind would be made up if I knew the alledged storm3 would come to sprint in the next few months. FAT CHANCE!!!

I shall consult my crystal ball:

The answer is: FUTURE HAZY, TRY AGAIN LATER. BRING CHEESECAKE.

12-08-10 07:05 PM
    I'm in the same boat you are, I've had my 9700 for about a year now and I've dropped it way to many times, I'm done at the end of january, I hope ces has sumthing good to say

12-08-10 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD