Well I'm up for renewal in about 2 months. I'm looking to get a new phone but am having a hard time seeing any reason to stick with Blackberry. I have the Storm 1 (yes, ughh). It actually hasn't been all too bad for me, atleast with the lack of memory and poor UI aside. Anyways I want to stay with Blackberry but just looking at whats out there I can't see anything enticing me to stay at all. I've been trying to read into both the new Droids and BB phones and pretty much they just turn into rants and flame wars after about 2 posts. I want a phone that has both touch and keypad (touch more than anything...i like having the larger screen, keypad as more of a convenience when typing). Torch is on AT&T and not willing to switch providers, plus from what I read the hardware on it does not run OS6 smoothly, it lags a bit, and is not impressive overall?

I use BBM alot but pretty much all the other apps I use are all google ones and are probably integrated better on a Droid(GoogleMaps, GoogleMobile, GoogleSync, GoogleVoice, Gmail, Youtube, & Facebook[basically the only non google app I use other than Opera]). Basically why should I stay with BB and not go with the Droid 2, X, or Incredible? Is there anything coming out that would even be worth me waiting (everything I've read, it doesn't look like it)? And whats everyones impressions so far on OS6? Is it the real deal or is it just another small step in the right direction?
    08-18-10 09:05 AM
    You shouldn't

For your needs Android is the only phone option for you, Touch Screen + Keyboard, on Verizon,

the only thing you are going to miss is BBM, just see if your BBM friends will make a gTalk account, or MSN, and hope they will open the app regularly..
    08-18-10 09:09 AM
    Yeah thats pretty much the impression I was getting. When I first got this phone I was 100% set on never getting a touchscreen again. But browsing the internet on my friends Tour just seemed awkward. It would be nice to have the best of all worlds and have a touchscreen, BB keypad, BBM, powerful processor, and smooth UI. Guess I'll have to wait a few years and maybe I'll be back.
    08-18-10 10:06 AM
    Well I'm up for renewal in about 2 months. I'm looking to get a new phone but am having a hard time seeing any reason to stick with Blackberry. I have the Storm 1 (yes, ughh). It actually hasn't been all too bad for me, atleast with the lack of memory and poor UI aside. Anyways I want to stay with Blackberry but just looking at whats out there I can't see anything enticing me to stay at all. I've been trying to read into both the new Droids and BB phones and pretty much they just turn into rants and flame wars after about 2 posts. I want a phone that has both touch and keypad (touch more than anything...i like having the larger screen, keypad as more of a convenience when typing). Torch is on AT&T and not willing to switch providers, plus from what I read the hardware on it does not run OS6 smoothly, it lags a bit, and is not impressive overall?

I use BBM alot but pretty much all the other apps I use are all google ones and are probably integrated better on a Droid(GoogleMaps, GoogleMobile, GoogleSync, GoogleVoice, Gmail, Youtube, & Facebook[basically the only non google app I use other than Opera]). Basically why should I stay with BB and not go with the Droid 2, X, or Incredible? Is there anything coming out that would even be worth me waiting (everything I've read, it doesn't look like it)? And whats everyones impressions so far on OS6? Is it the real deal or is it just another small step in the right direction?
    Just FYI, Verizon started running a promotion around the same time the Droid X came out...if you're contract ends on or before 12/31/2010, you can upgrade RIGHT NOW at the 2 year price with no penalty.

Offer applies to ANY smartphone, be it Android or BB.

But to rain on your parade, Facebook is integrated better with Blackberry than it is on Android, to an extent. Other than that, Android seems more fitting to what you want.
    08-18-10 10:51 AM
    I saw go for it. Don't they have that trial period where you can turn it back in if you don't like? You should that.
    08-18-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD