As of right now, Playbooks go for around about $70-$90 dollars on Craigslist. I was looking to buy one in anticipation of BlackBerry 10 however CB posted an article stating that the Playbook might not be fully capable of running BB10 smoothly? So is it worth it to buy a Playbook now, or wait for their next iteration of the Playbook?
    03-07-13 09:37 AM
    It's hard to argue against prices like that. If a new PlayBook does come out, you will likely pay about five times as much for probably a comparable experience (I'm sure it will be usable). No one can say for sure without any information on the new model though.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    03-07-13 09:42 AM
    ... however CB posted an article stating that the Playbook might not be fully capable of running BB10 smoothly?
    They'll be doing an OS update to the PlayBook and fixes to Bridge. If you want a tablet, then buy a cheap PlayBook now, while you can.
    03-07-13 09:49 AM
    As of right now, Playbooks go for around about $70-$90 dollars on Craigslist. I was looking to buy one in anticipation of BlackBerry 10 however CB posted an article stating that the Playbook might not be fully capable of running BB10 smoothly? So is it worth it to buy a Playbook now, or wait for their next iteration of the Playbook?
    Despite the teases from BB, no one really knows for sure if it'll ever see BB10. I definately wouldn't buy one *expecting* it to be updated to BB10.

On the other hand, it's pretty cool as it is right now. If you like the current OS and it's abilities meet your needs, the deals are hard to beat.
    annon91221 likes this.
    03-07-13 09:50 AM
    If you can actually find one for around $70, I'd say absolutely go for it. At that price, why not?
    03-07-13 09:52 AM
    Like others have said, it's really hard to pass up that price. I got mine in the fall for $150. I didn't need, nor really want, a tablet but I figured that hey, it's only $150. If I don't like it, no big deal. If I do, awesome!!. Well, as it turns out I do so win win for me.

As for BB10 coming, I'm sure it will but don't expect it within the next couple of months.
    03-07-13 10:12 AM
    Not if you want to use it to browse the new CrackBerry Forums. What an awful experience. Works great for other things though.
    03-07-13 02:18 PM
    Considering you cant buy a digital picture frame for that price go for it lol.

Even if your buying it just to read Kindle books and check email. Go for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:33 PM
    Close, but still high in my opinion. Just offered $40 for one (asking $50). At $40 it will make a decent picture frame (the display is relatively good compared to drug store digital picture frames) and an "in case of emergency break glass" Internet access device. True that it is nasty for any modern JavaScript required site like Crackberry.

As far as BB10. Best in my opinion to assume it is not coming (official word is "sometime this year...") and if it shows up treat it as a bonus. The hardware will be at least 2 years old if/when it shows though, so sclerotic performance is to be expected.
    03-07-13 03:15 PM
    If you are a retro kind of guy. Black and white tv etc. Go for it.
    03-07-13 09:18 PM
    Well... I was using one today.. Multitasking on it still beats anything on the market, z10 included. Whatever you pay for it, I am sure you won't regret it! Bridge with legacy BBs is something we wish we had on BB10...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:15 PM
    Just because it won't have the bb10 ui it will still have all the apps

Sent from my game boy color
    03-07-13 10:25 PM
    yeah definitely, playbooks are at an incredible price right now and I still use mine every day. perfect for work, multi tasking, and now getting my better apps for games etc. particularly as its so easy to sideload android apps onto it, if you're in desperate need of some extra apps
    03-07-13 10:30 PM
    [QUOTE=red stripe;8086510]Close, but still high in my opinion. Just offered $40 for one (asking $50). At $40 it will make a decent picture frame (the display is relatively good compared to drug store digital picture frames) and an "in case of emergency break glass" Internet access device. True that it is nasty for any modern JavaScript required site like Crackberry.

As far as BB10. Best in my opinion to assume it is not coming (official word is "sometime this year...") and if it shows up treat it as a bonus. The hardware will be at least 2 years old if/when it shows though, so sclerotic performance is to be expected.[/QUOTE

so the ipad mini is running on a 2 year old tech and is running slow?
    03-07-13 10:33 PM
    Well... I was using one today.. Multitasking on it still beats anything on the market, z10 included.
    This is completely false, you can't switch between windows nearly as fast on the PlayBook. All hail the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:19 PM
    Well... I was using one today.. Multitasking on it still beats anything on the market.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the laugh.
    03-07-13 11:49 PM
    I think its entirely worth it especially for only 70$. I got mine for 100$ and regardless of BB10 coming or not like others have said its still a great platform and a very solid tablet.

Also, I have had 0 trouble running Crackberry on my tablet. Just saying.
    03-08-13 04:54 AM