- 12-03-12, 06:18 PM #26
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-03-12, 06:57 PM #27
- 351 Posts
- 12-03-12, 07:16 PM #28
Re: Worried that there can only be 8 active frames
I think a third page should show after the active frames which just shows an icon of running apps. It seems like apps should have some way of indicating their run state under certain conditions. For example, should the app be fully running, in a low-priority mode, or frozen when not active, and when beyond the 8-active frame limit. For example, dropbox service could be running in the background, but maybe it is in low-priority mode and only checks for syncing every half-hour or something, unless you are actively in it looking at your files.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-04-12, 06:23 PM #37
- 2,601 Posts
I'd say it's either a RAM or a processing issue. U don't want so many apps open and running that it compromises performance.Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me
- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
- 12-04-12, 06:40 PM #38BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-04-12, 08:05 PM #40
- 559 Posts
- 12-04-12, 08:44 PM #41I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
- 12-04-12, 10:49 PM #42
- 12-05-12, 08:13 AM #45
The smaller range of Cascades apps would typically use under 20MB, and should in many cases be designed to release larger chunks of memory when minimized as well. With 600MB free (and there could be more by launch), assuming an average of 20MB per app that would allow for roughly 25 apps free if we assume you need 100MB left at a minimum.
- 12-05-12, 12:31 PM #47
Let's break down your list.
- App world - why do you need to be constantly searching App World? Also, if there is an update to your apps, I 'm sure you will be notified.
- Poynt - Why would you need this and Maps at the same time?
- Twitter - Handled in the Hub
- Whatsapp - Handled in the Hub or switch to BBM, tell your friends they are lame.
- Google maps - Why would you need this and Poynt running at the same time?
- Tsn app
- Bbm - Handled in the Hub
- Google talk - Switch to BBM, tell your friends they are lame.
- Messages - Handled in the Hub
- Blackberry countdown app - Countdown to what, getting the BB 10 you are already have?
So, what you really have going is
I think you'll be fine.
- 12-05-12, 01:03 PM #48
You also have to think about data consumption. I know they don't use a lot but there are a lot of people with limited plans. With a dozen opened up it could add up over the course of a month.BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-05-12, 01:59 PM #49
- 307 Posts
From my experience, many apps like, whatsapp, gtalk, twitter, sms and messages do not care if you hint "close" option, because they will be still running, like when on a PC you close them, so I think you should not worry about it and give it a try to the device on Q1 2013, I am pretty sure you will buy one even IF there can only be 8 active frames.White Z10 | STL 100-3 Official: 10.2.1.537 aka 10.2.1.1925 | Telcel
Previous OS Leak:10.2.1.1055 aka 10.2.1.176
64GB PlayBook BB Lover
And by the way all of the messaging apps can be handled in the hub regarding composing and replying and a few other things but for the full app and all its options you still have to have apps open (i.e an active frame)
- By ek9max in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-26-09, 05:15 PM
- By cubecritter in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 11-11-09, 11:39 AM
- By e34m5 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 54Last Post: 03-30-09, 05:29 PM
- By polanco in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 12-22-08, 06:21 PM