05-30-08 10:12 PM
- Did anyone get that email today regarding a new update to WorldMate Live that allows you to sync your WorldMate Itineraries to the Blackberry calendar? I downloaded the new update v. 1.2.62 (as apposed to the previous version.. 1.2.60), yet can't seem to find a way to port over the Itineraries in WorldMate to the BB calendar. The update information in the email said nothing about having to be a paying member to have this functionality... it is supposed to be part of the new free update. Any clues on this one?
Last edited by wezra; 05-28-08 at 08:36 PM.05-28-08 08:22 PM
- I don't know about *.62, but I have .60 and am able to calendar sync. Go into a itinerary, menu, settings, near bottom says "calendar sync settings - click to open". Click (duh lol). Enable the settings and you're off! It should update your calendar with itinerary info automatically.
I want to say it took it a couple of minutes to update, but I just checked and info I added about 20mins ago was posted to my calendar.
Hope this helps.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-29-08 12:00 AM
- We had the same problem & discussed it here
http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wor...uestion-36527/05-29-08 06:13 AM
- [QUOTE=CGSCOT;351354]We had the same problem & discussed it here
Thank you for including the link to the last discussion on the topic.
As it turns out the solution was in that discussion thread. It seems that the functionality to sync WorldMate with your BB Caldendar is hidden until you do your first link. You have to go into your BB Calendar, locate the first day of the trip you are going to take and make an entry around your first flight or what ever the event is that kicks off the trip. The wording has to match the event you put into WorldMate for that date. Example: First Flight To New York", etc. Once you save the event in the BB Calendar you will get a prompt asking if you want to begin syncing the two programs from that point forward. Once you go through the steps and sync the first event you will then see the "Calendar Sync Events" listing in your WorldMate Settings drop down.
What I find a bit strange is that in the Update email that I was sent yesterday from WorldMate their was no indicaiton on how to initiate the process to sync the BB Calendar and the WorldMate Itineraries function. Nor, could I find it anywhere on their web site. Seemingly, Customer Support and documentation is not their strong suit. That said, I do see a lot of value in their program and hope they have enough participation to beef up these other areas of concern.05-29-08 10:10 AM
- I followed your advice and added "Trip to Milwaukee, WI" into my BB calendar on the date and time I had it scheduled in "My Itinerary" on Worldmate Live (WML). Then opened Worldmate live and it asked if I wanted to sync my calendars with WML and BB. Clicked yes, answered a question and presto it sync'd eveything! Luv my Curve 8310 (AT&T)!!
Thanks for the info!! Much more helpful than WML's website.05-30-08 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD