Hi

I was given an 8520 as a works phone but have a Bold 9700 unlocked.

Is there anyway that I can use this instead of the curve by transferring all the data and settings over including my works enterprise account?

Work said no as they only support phones they supply.

Surely there must be a workaround?

Thanks
    03-12-12 12:52 PM
    Your question has already been answered.
    03-12-12 01:07 PM
    But to add to my post you could possibly try Blackberry Balance but I doubt your IT would allow it since they only use their own provided phones.
    Garfoid likes this.
    03-12-12 01:08 PM
    Hi

I was given an 8520 as a works phone but have a Bold 9700 unlocked.

Is there anyway that I can use this instead of the curve by transferring all the data and settings over including my works enterprise account?

Surely there must be a workaround?

Thanks
    Why would you want a workaround if your company said NO?

And if you were able to get your phone on the enterprise account, your phone might have
    some apps and features disabled, just like that work curve.

03-12-12 01:11 PM
    Why would you want a workaround if your company said NO?

And if you were able to get your phone on the enterprise account, your phone might have
    some apps and features disabled, just like that work curve.

Not worried about them disabling anything was just after the better screen, bigger keyboard and 3G.

thanks
    03-12-12 01:18 PM
    As others have mention, you company will not support it.
    03-12-12 01:19 PM
    How does enterprise work??

Is if off the IMEI number or the sim card?

If i set up the bold and then phoned my IT dept and said it wasn't working and then entered my email address and the password they give me to reactivate the enterprise account would that fool it??
    03-12-12 01:27 PM
    How does enterprise work??

Is if off the IMEI number or the sim card?

If i set up the bold and then phoned my IT dept and said it wasn't working and then entered my email address and the password they give me to reactivate the enterprise account would that fool it??
    I'm am really surprised that you would think about lying to your company. WOW.
    03-12-12 01:30 PM
    Probably not and even if it did would it be worth your job if you got caught? Sometimes folks have no sense of humor when it comes to system security.
    03-12-12 01:33 PM
    I'm am really surprised that you would think about lying to your company. WOW.
    WOW. It's not as though I am selling company secrets
    03-12-12 01:36 PM
    Maybe your company just wants you to use the phone they supply. But I hope you have
    other job offers lined up........
    03-12-12 01:38 PM
    your IT department would have to supply you with an enterprise activation password. so if they dont want it happening then its not gonna happen. that being said some companies say no but really mean we dont give a cr*p and we arnt monitoring what phones appear on our BES if thats the case .............
    03-12-12 01:45 PM
    Your company has polices & procedures in place for a reason & to try and circumvent them could be grounds for termination.
    03-12-12 01:46 PM
    Whatever is in this thread... I don't know about. What I would like to say is.... 8520?! I thought companies now supply newer phones like from OS 6 and above.
    03-12-12 01:51 PM
    Who knows why they are using the 8520 but if it works for what they are paying the employee to do who cares. I'm sure they have their logic for that device. Either way it's best to use what your paid to use and leave it at that. Circumventing the system is not a fast track to advancement. In fact in my world we would call that a "clam" or carrier limiting move.
    03-12-12 02:01 PM
    tell your company to upgrade their devices, lol. But I would just stick with what they give ya
    03-12-12 02:28 PM
    Thanks everyone. Shame really as I have a playbook but can't use tethering as the 8520 is not 3G and is painfully slow. Even offered to pay for an upgrade but still no luck. Oh well.
    03-20-12 05:56 PM
    Thanks everyone. Shame really as I have a playbook but can't use tethering as the 8520 is not 3G and is painfully slow. Even offered to pay for an upgrade but still no luck. Oh well.
    Use your 9700 on a personal plan to tether. Your employer obviously doesn't feel you need that capability to perform your job.
    03-21-12 07:31 AM
    You can do it but you'll probably get fired. I can confirm that these two are possible.

1) change the IMEI and pin on your work phone to your personal phone. So, you will have two BB with same IMEI and pin. I think this is illegal but it is possible given right software and know how. Do a google search.

This is a bandaid method but it works sort of, and probably against corp policy:

2) Another work around but it's really a work around would be to keep an instance of outlook open at home running all the time.
    a) write an application accessing the MAPI, etc with a programming language and send it to another account. I use C# so I would access Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook and System.Net.Mail.
    b) on the home instance, forward your outlook stuff to anther account, like gmail, etc.
    Last edited by jgomez5710; 03-21-12 at 01:12 PM.
    03-21-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD