i know i've seen it in the forums somewhere but can't seem to find the post..
    can someone give me a quick run-down on using word to go.
    03-02-09 06:37 PM
    Not sure what you're looking for, so here's my standard tip...

The version of Docs To Go that comes with OS 4.5 is very basic.

Once you have installed Docs via Desktop Manager, open the app and press Menu and find Register. This will take you to the DataViz registration website (name, address, email, etc.). Once you are registered, you will gain access to two downloads. One is the basic product (free) and contains Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The other is a $68 upgrade to the full version.

The only problem with Docs To Go Basic that comes with 4.5 is that you cannot create new documents. You can only edit existing ones. You have to upgrade to allow document creation. You do, however, get Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry for free. You can just add blank Word docs and Excel sheets to your card and you're good to go. Just open the blank doc and save it with a new name, and you can get around the inability to create new documents.
    03-02-09 06:45 PM
    You can just add blank Word docs and Excel sheets to your card and you're good to go. Just open the blank doc and save it with a new name, and you can get around the inability to create new documents.
    That is genius. Sometimes you make me feel so braindead.
    03-02-09 06:51 PM
    The Premium version also offers a Search feature. You'd think they could offer that with the Standard version, but I guess that's marketing :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 06:55 PM
    You're giving me way too much credit. I'm just passing on the collective wisdom of the forum. I don't remember where I first read that, but I didn't originate it.
    03-02-09 06:56 PM
    Fair enough, but you retain the collective wisdom well! lol.

To be 100% honest I mostly only use Word right now to send cover letters on the go... I have it saved with blanks to fill in, LOL. And then I attach that and my resume and I'm good to go.
    03-02-09 07:06 PM
    thank you sir
    03-02-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD