I can receive a word doc. attachment from an email on the BB, it opens just fine and all that, BUT is it possible for me to save it on my BB and edit it in any way?? And then after editing can I attach it to resend as an attachment?

TYIA
    ~Lorna.
    07-16-08 12:41 PM
    you using OS 4.5?
    07-16-08 12:56 PM
    you using OS 4.5?
    I'm not sure , how would I know if I was or was not using that? Forgive my stupidity, I'm not at all tec savy, and don't always know what things mean....
    07-16-08 12:59 PM
    I'm not sure , how would I know if I was or was not using that? Forgive my stupidity, I'm not at all tec savy, and don't always know what things mean....
    Options>About

But your question is the answer to joel's question because you would know if you had the 4.5. They dont come pre-installed on BB devices yet, you need to install the beta yourself. So you either have the 4.2 or 4.3 and with those you cannot save/edit the files.
    Last edited by ADberry; 07-16-08 at 01:04 PM.
    07-16-08 01:01 PM
    Its still in Beta, it's for advanced users, if you don't know then you definitely don't have it. It's something some of us do when we get very familiar with our phone to just "play" with it. It's very technical and can ruin ur phone if done wrong tho.

Simply put, u dont have Operating System 4.5

Good news tho. The official release of OS 4.5 will be out very very soon and will be available to all at BlackBerry (and will not be technical as described above for the beta). It will include DocumentsToGo (AKA Microsoft Office) along with many others, see here for more information and what else the new OS will be adding to your blackberry: What the BlackBerry Update Means for You - Reviews by PC Magazine
    07-16-08 01:05 PM
    to further answer not right now, when OS 4.5 is released then yes. you can buy an application like Docs to go but i would wait for 4.5
    07-16-08 01:06 PM
    Options>About

But your question is the answer to joel's question because you would know if you had the 4.5. They dont come pre-installed on BB devices yet, you need to install the beta yourself. So you either have the 4.2 or 4.3 and with those you cannot save/edit the files.
    OK, thank you I just checked in the options and think I have the 4.2. I really appreciate your input!!!
    07-16-08 01:08 PM
    Its still in Beta, it's for advanced users, if you don't know then you definitely don't have it. It's something some of us do when we get very familiar with our phone to just "play" with it. It's very technical and can ruin ur phone if done wrong tho.

Simply put, u dont have Operating System 4.5

Good news tho. The official release of OS 4.5 will be out very very soon and will be available to all at (I had to remove the link to post - Irish Lass) (and will not be technical as described above for the beta). It will include DocumentsToGo (AKA Microsoft Office) along with many others, see here for more information and what else the new OS will be adding to your blackberry:(I had to remove the link to post - Irish Lass)

to further answer not right now, when OS 4.5 is released then yes. you can buy an application like Docs to go but i would wait for 4.5
    I see, I have no intentions of doing anything to harm my BB, so will wait until the software is available for dummies like me

Thank you all
    07-16-08 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD