Does this feature exist on the Torch? I can't seem to find it on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 03:43 PM
    I highly recommend not doing OTA updates. Make a back up on a PC, and download the OS that you want to upgrade to, and do it either via Loader.exe, BBSAK or Desktop Manager.
    02-21-11 03:54 PM
    I have no choice. Dm doesn't recognise my phone and I'm not tring anymore methods. Its been a month now.

02-21-11 04:03 PM
    Options > Device > Software Updates. It will start looking for the latest version your carrier offers. And only the latest from whatever carrier your Torch is branded to. It won't show you any other carrier or leaked versions if that's what you're after.

I don't know were it looks if the phone is unlocked, though.

Last edited by joeldf; 02-21-11 at 04:52 PM.
    02-21-11 04:50 PM
    Also the latest for North American carriers who carry the Torch is .246 no later than that. If you are with 3 in the UK then the latest is .448. And .337 from Beeline (if that's how its spelt) not sure where though. Nothing else official other than those I've mentioned.

Which OS are you trying to install?

Last edited by luqman24; 02-21-11 at 09:29 PM.
    02-21-11 09:26 PM
    Options > Device > Software Updates. It will start looking for the latest version your carrier offers. And only the latest from whatever carrier your Torch is branded to. It won't show you any other carrier or leaked versions if that's what you're after.

I don't know were it looks if the phone is unlocked, though.

Ah. I don't seem to have that option. I'm on Vodafone.

02-22-11 07:51 AM
    Also the latest for North American carriers who carry the Torch is .246 no later than that. If you are with 3 in the UK then the latest is .448. And .337 from Beeline (if that's how its spelt) not sure where though. Nothing else official other than those I've mentioned.

Which OS are you trying to install?

I'm on .246 atm, looking to go to .337 on Vodafone UK.

Sorry for the double post. Phone is giving me problems with multi quotes.

02-22-11 07:52 AM
    .246 is the latest official release from Vodaphone, so you are not going to get an OTA update.

Only official releases from your specifica carrier will show up OTA.
    02-22-11 12:07 PM
    .246 is the latest official release from Vodaphone, so you are not going to get an OTA update.

Only official releases from your specifica carrier will show up OTA.
    Oh right, thanks. Is DM not recognising my phone, and music player crashing part of the .246 bugs?

02-23-11 06:18 AM
    Oh right, thanks. Is DM not recognising my phone, and music player crashing part of the .246 bugs?

I had no such problems on mine when I ran .246.

What OS is your PC running? DM not seeing your phone could be a USB driver not properly loaded, or just messing up. It would have nothing to do with the phone OS.

I run XP Pro 32-bit at home, and every time I've updated DM, it messes up the USB driver and it won't see my BB either, after the update. I have to go into the Device Manager and delete any BB related drivers, disconnect the phone, reconnect the phone and all needed drivers automatically reload. Then DM finally sees the phone. I've had to do this a few times over the four years I had my Pearl 8100 before I got my Torch last December. The last time was the last minor update to DM 6. I'm pretty sure that was in early Dec., just before I got the Torch

Strangely enough, this was never an issue with DM loaded at work where I'm running the 64-bit XP Pro. Updates from as far back as DM 4.whatever went without a hitch in 64-bit XP.

02-23-11 09:39 AM

Do you have the latest update? The latest right now should be 6.1.18 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but something close to those numbers.

02-23-11 11:46 AM
    I had no such problems on mine when I ran .246.

What OS is your PC running? DM not seeing your phone could be a USB driver not properly loaded, or just messing up. It would have nothing to do with the phone OS.

I run XP Pro 32-bit at home, and every time I've updated DM, it messes up the USB driver and it won't see my BB either, after the update. I have to go into the Device Manager and delete any BB related drivers, disconnect the phone, reconnect the phone and all needed drivers automatically reload. Then DM finally sees the phone. I've had to do this a few times over the four years I had my Pearl 8100 before I got my Torch last December. The last time was the last minor update to DM 6. I'm pretty sure that was in early Dec., just before I got the Torch

Strangely enough, this was never an issue with DM loaded at work where I'm running the 64-bit XP Pro. Updates from as far back as DM 4.whatever went without a hitch in 64-bit XP.

My PC also .246. When I spoke to Vodafone they said it was a faulty model I had, and sent a new model which is coming today for me to swap. About 20 minutes ago my phone wasn't even responding, took 3 battery pulls for it to work again. I was gonna ask if I can switch to the iPhone 4, and use my Storm 2 for BBM. If I'm gonna have to swap my phone later, I dunno how I'm gonna be able to do a backup cause DM can't recognise my phone, nor can BBSAK. The last "faulty" Torch had the same problem, I couldn't backup and lost everything. This will be like my 7th or 8th BlackBerry since 2007 (1 Storm, 4 Storm 2s, 2 Torches... I think).

Do you have the latest update? The latest right now should be 6.1.18 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but something close to those numbers.

Yeah, 6.1.18 is the version I currently have.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 02-23-11 at 09:10 PM.
    02-23-11 09:08 PM
    Does this feature exist on the Torch? I can't seem to find it on mine.

05-18-13 08:54 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:30 PM
    Awesome. Reviving a 2 year old dead thread. Great work you 2. I applaud you both.
    rthonpm and nappp like this.
    05-18-13 11:05 PM
    normally I would respond with applause for using the search function to find a thread before starting a new one, but those posts have no content so I agree. thanks

Sent from an ATM
    05-18-13 11:10 PM
    ill hijack to at least get something useful out of this. MobileMadness002, that is a freaky avatar pic. can you send or tell me how to find it? thanks

Sent from an ATM
    05-18-13 11:12 PM
    Sorry folks I imagine this was a pocket post, you will notice that my post had not content.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:43 AM
    ill hijack to at least get something useful out of this. MobileMadness002, that is a freaky avatar pic. can you send or tell me how to find it? thanks

Sent from an ATM
    If your on FaceBook, lookup "Socio Dementia", be advised it is not for Kids, he even has the Parental warning right on his page. Some of the humor is deffinitley off, but a lot is funny, to me at least.

To answer your question, I got the pic from one of his albums.
    Attached Thumbnails Wireless update on OS 6-sociodemetis-001.jpg   Wireless update on OS 6-sociodemetis-002.jpg   Wireless update on OS 6-sociodemetis-003.jpg  
    nappp likes this.
    07-12-13 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD