So, I have a Vzw Tour and I normally check the wireless update a couple of times during the day just praying that there will be one there. I have noticed today that when I get to the "Available Updates" page, I usually have to click "Check for Updates" at the bottom of the page. But today, when I open the "Available Updates" page it automatically begins checking for an available update. Kind of odd that it just starts doing this for the 1st time since I bought the phone in mid July.
    10-15-09 07:27 PM
    So, I have a Vzw Tour and I normally check the wireless update a couple of times during the day just praying that there will be one there. I have noticed today that when I get to the "Available Updates" page, I usually have to click "Check for Updates" at the bottom of the page. But today, when I open the "Available Updates" page it automatically begins checking for an available update. Kind of odd that it just starts doing this for the 1st time since I bought the phone in mid July.
    I'm getting something similar on my Bold. Still haven't figured it out.
    10-19-09 04:52 AM
    I'm getting something similar on my Bold. Still haven't figured it out.
    A few words of advice to the both of you, you will know of a new OS drop here on CB way sooner than your carrier will alert you. Also it is best to not use the Wireless Update for OS updates to your device. Use either AppLoader or DM. You have more control over the install as well as it is a helluva lot faster and dont have to worry about having enough memory to load the new OS.

PS Dont bother on waiting for carrier releases. They are some great OS out right now for all devices including the newer 5.0 builds. Give them a shot an see what ya think!
    10-19-09 05:32 AM
    A few words of advice to the both of you, you will know of a new OS drop here on CB way sooner than your carrier will alert you. Also it is best to not use the Wireless Update for OS updates to your device. Use either AppLoader or DM. You have more control over the install as well as it is a helluva lot faster and dont have to worry about having enough memory to load the new OS.
    Point taken, and much appreciated.
    10-19-09 05:33 AM
    Point taken, and much appreciated.
    No worries man, just looking out!
    10-19-09 05:34 AM
    My TOUR has been doing that too.
    10-19-09 05:36 AM
    That is strange but not a bad thing, right?
    10-19-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD