I am new to BB and 9700 happens to be my first blackberry.
    I have managed to add email accounts and also configure wireless sync for contacts (with Gmail using BIS)

Now when I go to calendar options, I see that for all my accounts, Wireless Synchronization is set to "NO" and there is no way to set "YES"

How do I configure wireless synchronization of calendar with say Gmail (I know i can do the same using Google sync, but i don't want to use it)

Thanks
    Venu
    12-30-09 04:17 AM
    That's the only way to do it on BIS.
    12-30-09 05:55 AM
    [QUOTE=Motorcycle Mama;4401545]That's the only way to do it on BIS.[/QUOTE

Yes but I am not able to configure calendar sync via BIS
    When I configure gmail account on BIS, it shows options only to sync contacts and deleted items
    I don't see a calendar there !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 07:53 AM
    You have to use a program called Google Sync. It will sync your contacts and you date planner with your google one. and you can set it to automatic so it will update your BB when you make adjustments online, or update the online calendar when you edit your BB.... and you can also have it on multiple BB's so you can keep the family on the same planner.... my wife and i sync our BB's calendars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 08:46 AM
    Wireless contact sync has just been added to BIS however in order to get full push syncing of emails, contacts and calendars you need to be a BES user.

As others have said Google Sync is an option or if you want to sync contacts and calendars wirelessly back to Outlook in a non BES environment then you can also try funambol.
    12-30-09 09:20 AM
    I had used Google Sync; It synced properly after installation, but something that I do either on Google Cal or in the BB Cal seems to be creating duplicates and it becomes really messy. Will give it a shot again

Thanks
    Venu
    12-30-09 10:31 AM
    If you have facebook mobile installed then thats where you duplicates could be coming from. I personally don't use the facebook calendar so i delete the calendar service books. you have to go to options - advance options - service books. Look for the facebook.CICAL and delete it. you may need to restart the device but that may fix it.
    12-30-09 05:12 PM
    I too disabled the FB calendar. When it was first implemented into Facebook I thought it would be a brilliant idea but even using the Desktop manager my calendar sync went all haywire and I had duplicates.
    12-30-09 05:16 PM
    I did have FB calendar turned on; have disabled it now;
    Thanks !!
    12-31-09 01:21 AM
    So when i go to calender properties and then my gmail account the wireless synchronization tab is there but it wont let me change it to yes?? Any ideas?
    01-13-10 09:22 PM
    So when i go to calender properties and then my gmail account the wireless synchronization tab is there but it wont let me change it to yes?? Any ideas?
    The wireless sync tab cannot be set to yes under BIS. You need to install Google sync and set up the calendar you want to sync as your default calendar then it will sync that way.
    01-14-10 06:26 AM
    Just in case the previous point was not clear....

1) IGNORE the Calendar -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization = No

2) Use Google Sync -> Options -> Sync Calendar
    and
    Google Sync -> Options -> Sync These Calendars

Also, be aware they you may have to repeat any setup if you upgrade the OS, especially if you have multiple mailboxes on the BB.
    01-14-10 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD