Anyone ever bought a BB from this outfit ?
    07-09-09 08:07 PM
    I haven't but I know someone on this site who has just recently and was happy with the transaction.
    07-09-09 08:10 PM
    I didn't buy a Blackberry but I bought both of my phones from them the last time my family plan was up for renewal with AT&T. I got a great deal and saved $200 by going through them. The transaction was very smooth so I had absolutely no complaints.
    07-09-09 08:13 PM
    Just bought my 8900 and received it this week.
    Cost = $6.00 (upgrade price), Shipping = free.
    Received it Monday and the transaction could not
    have been smoother.
    07-09-09 08:15 PM
    Just bought my 8900 and received it this week.
    Cost = $6.00 (upgrade price), Shipping = free.
    Received it Monday and the transaction could not
    have been smoother.
    That's who I was referring to. ^^^^
    07-09-09 08:17 PM
    sounds good ,iam with AT&T and wirefly seems to have great prices on upgrade /contract extenision.. Bold for 99.99 and a 8900 for 39.99
    07-09-09 08:47 PM
    Make sure you look at the service rates, not just the phone prices. When I looked at them for my 8900, their price was $10/month higher than my grandfathered price with TMo. I did better paying a bit more for the phone through TMo but keeping my current plan.
    07-09-09 09:48 PM
    Something else to watch out for... sometimes when getting a phone through Wirefly or LetsTalk, if you cancel your service you have to pay them an ETF as well as the carrier.
    07-09-09 09:54 PM
    Make sure you look at the service rates, not just the phone prices. When I looked at them for my 8900, their price was $10/month higher than my grandfathered price with TMo. I did better paying a bit more for the phone through TMo but keeping my current plan.
    Nothing about my plan or the cost of it changed.

Something else to watch out for... sometimes when getting a phone through Wirefly or LetsTalk, if you cancel your service you have to pay them an ETF as well as the carrier.
    In my case, the ETF is controlled solely by and payable only to AT&T.
    Having been an AT&T customer forever, and not being a being a person who
    has to have whatever is new, the ETF is the least of my concerns.
    07-09-09 10:49 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't bother me any, either. But I see a lot of posts about "how do I get out of my etf?" that thought I would pass that on so someone doesn't get hit with two of them.

Pays to read the fine print.
    07-10-09 12:45 AM
    I bought my Bold through Cellular Deals and a curve through Wirefly. In both situations the transactions were pretty good. However, when I tried to return my Curve because I didn't like Verizon's service, I had to do a lot of hoop jumping. Verizon told me to return the phone to them, I did. Then a month later, I received an email from a company that works with Wirefly saying that I owe them $300 because I cancelled my service and did not return the phone. It took me more than a week to clear up. Third party stores are great if you know what you want and don't plan to do any switching soon. If you want to try out a ohone or service from a particular carrier like I did, you may be in for a headache.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 10:35 AM
    Ok heres the deal I just did this thru Lets Talk. Got the 8900 for .99 plus 4.50 two day shipping. Had to upgrade my plan costing around 10/month more but as I had the 50/month bb bundle on the old one i just downgraded to the 30/month bb internet and the 5/month text msgs on the new plan. That left me 5/month for insurance. Now heres the catch , as you probably know you are obligated on a 2 year contract with ATT. In addition you can not cancel or make any changes to the new contract for 181 days or Lets Talk will charge you a recovery fee of $250.. In addition short of adding insurance , you should go thru Lets Talk to make any changes to your plan including additions etc or adding features etc to ensure they dont hit you with the fee. I have used wirefly before and they are also good but when researching the 8900 the rate plan they wanted me to upgrade too was 20/month more than the one I was one so I went with Lets Talk. Read the contract with either carefully and make sure to ask plenty of questions to their CS rep before you take the leap of faith, at least you will know what you are required to do and what you get in return.. Hope this is of some help to you.

Julian
    07-10-09 04:27 PM
    thanks julian, just got back fromm att store 299 for bold thats after rebate... 189 at costco.iam just a little leeery of buying online. kinda funny though the guy at att was really pushing the iphone. think iam going bold over 8900 ???
    07-10-09 06:44 PM
    thanks julian, just got back fromm att store 299 for bold thats after rebate... 189 at costco.iam just a little leeery of buying online. kinda funny though the guy at att was really pushing the iphone. think iam going bold over 8900 ???
    Nothing wrong with that especially if you got 3G service in your area. The Bold is RIM's Flagship imo. Just dont have 3G here so I went with the 8900.. Let us know how it goes..

Julian
    07-10-09 07:02 PM
    Anyone ever bought a BB from this outfit ?
    Yes sir, bought a couple of BBerrys from Wirefly and the service is pretty good, extremely fast and smooth......they are authorized resellers and the units even arrived with the sim cards installed and ready to go (T-Mobile), as opposed to the a couple of Bolds purchased from ATT where I needed to call them to get the units activated and so on.....that's without even mentioning the savings !
    then again opinions vary....good luck. LOL
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-10-09 at 08:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    07-10-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD