Ok, the wife re-confiscated the Garmin Steetpilot GPS unit for *her* vehicle (only fair, I bought it for her). This means I've lost the "hands free" unit for my Curve (8330) in *my* car (it was one of the extra features of the Garmin unit).

For the moment, I'm reduced to using the stock, wired headset that came with my Curve . . . because I'm presently too . . . uh, "thrifty" (yeah that's it) . . . to get a bluetooth headset (or another Garmin).

So, how do *you* wear it? More specifically, what do you do with the alligator clip-thingy? Do you "loop" your cord or do you just let it dangle?

Also, any thoughts about dumping the wired headset altogether and using something like the iGrip Universal Fit Flexible Mount - and using a combo of "voice dialing" and "speaker phone"?
    01-15-09 10:22 AM
    I would recommend just saving the cash and getting a bluetooth when you can afford it if you wanna be cheap. Most BT's are very user friendly and are quality so you know they will last. As for the wired one you have that will prob break in less then 2 months with constant use. Also the little clip is ment to attach to your lapel or something that way you have lee-way with your neck motion while still being connected.
    01-15-09 10:47 AM
    If you do a little looking hard enough on ebay I found a pretty descent bt motorola for around 10 bucks shipped
    01-15-09 10:55 AM
    There are several decent Bluetooth headsets that can be had for fairly cheap. I have an extra one that I would let go for pretty cheap. PM me if you want it.
    01-15-09 10:56 AM
    i would say blueant z9i but you said cheap. IMO it is the best headset for any money.
    01-15-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD