I would like to wipe my 8330 backto factor defaults. Then resend my service books.

After that I would like to restore only:
    1. My address book.
    2. The few pics I have taken and associated with my contacts (face pics with telephone numbers). The pics are stored in the 8330's memory.
    3. My BB Messenger contacts.

I have gathered a lot of junk in my first week of testing and want to start clean, except for those three items.

I have a full backup that I just made using Desktop Manager. What would I need to select to restore to only get those three things restored?

Thanks!
    07-25-08 11:54 PM
    With the Backup/Restore window open, select the backup file and click Open, click the Advanced button, in the left pane will be the backup file, the right pane is what is on the device.

Hold the Ctrl key down and select the items in the left pane that you want to restore to the device, Click the restore button.
    Last edited by tyroni; 07-26-08 at 02:37 AM.
    07-26-08 02:33 AM
    Do you know which items I should restore just to keep those three things? I see my address book in the list, but I am not sure which parts of the backup are my pics and BB messenger contact list. Anyone know?
    07-26-08 09:29 AM
    They should be in the Content Store.
    07-26-08 09:40 AM
    There are a couple of ways to wipe all your personal information off the device, but, there is only one way to restore it back to out of the box conditon, a full OS reinstall.

Your backup contains all your data and settings.

If you wipe the device you can selectivly restore your required files from the backup.
    07-26-08 09:44 AM
    What else is in the Content Store? Are there any 3rd party apps or app settings stored in there? Essentially, I just want to start clean and lose all the stuff I've downloaded (along with all of the settings those apps have)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 09:47 AM
    Content Store is the device internal storage, for preloaded ringtones and pics, no 3rd party apps. You need that for the device to work properly.
    07-26-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD