I am switching BB units and I want to wipe my old one clean. I use google sync. So not sure if I should delete that? Never switched from one BB to another. I just don't want anything to remain on the phone when I give it to someone or sell it.

How do I do this?

Its the Pearl 8130.

Thanks
    Jeff
    03-02-09 03:39 PM
    Options / Advanced Options / General Settings. Press Menu and select Wipe Handheld.

That will activate BlackBerry high security wipe. You can be confidant, all of your setting and data have been purged.

If you want to roll it back to true "out of the box" condition, use the instructions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

03-02-09 03:43 PM
    Hello jpcerv,

You should be able to goto:

options>security options>general settings

Then click the menu button on your BB and choose "Wipe Handheld". When you do that it will ask you if you want to delete Third Party Applications. If you want to, just select it to put a check in the checkbox and click "Continue". It then will ask you to type the word "blackberry". After you type blackberry, it will proceed to wipe everything on your device except the Operating System.

Before you do that, make sure you backup everything you want to keep!

Hope this helps
    03-02-09 03:46 PM
    I got all my pictures. Is there anything else I should be thinking about backing up?

Jeff
    03-02-09 04:57 PM
    Contacts, Calender, Memos, etc.

Use Backup in BlackBerry Desktop Manger to make the backup.
    03-02-09 05:06 PM
    thanks good info

jeff
    03-02-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD