Hello, im new here
    i just want to share a tip i found

How to add search engine in BB browser like this :

its working with my torch
    The tread is [WIP] because i need someone to test this

Make a backup of your BB
    go to Servicebook and type alt SBEB
    in blackberry desktop restore this file
    *** cant post magaupload links yet due to ths crackberry policy for new member ***
    (this ipd file i edited with magicberry contains :
    IPPP for BIBS
    Internet Browser BrowserConfig

open your browser and ask me if it work
    Last edited by boris974; 03-01-11 at 09:54 AM.
    02-23-11 10:07 AM
    Hello. I am desperate to add google. I can pick bing, wiki, or dictionary.com only. My 9530 had google...what gives?
    02-27-11 09:30 PM
    This works....easy as pie.

Verizon people will dig this as the Storm 2, Bold 9650, and Curve 9330 are cursed with Bing

here is ths link for the ipd :

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I don't know if this will work for the Storm or Pearl since they don't have the keyboard to type alt+SBEB.

In OS6 you go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Service Book

then type ALT+SBEB and it gives you a message "Legacy SB Restore Enabled."

In DM6 you restore only selected data, then choose the folder where the ipd you downloaded is located.

I am going to check to see if I loose this on a reboot or when re-registering.....
    03-01-11 09:07 AM
    OK.....their is an issue with this.

A) it goes away once the network gives you your service books back
    B) You have to merge this with your service books or else they will get erased, meaning you won't get your email and such until you get your service books back and then you loose the search engine.

A bandaid for this is to keep your browser open. You will have the search engine until you close and re-open your browser. So install the file, open your browser, then keep your browser open and In OS6 you go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table>menu button>register now

I wonder if there is anyway to get Verizon Customer Service to edit your service books....
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 03-01-11 at 09:34 AM.
    03-01-11 09:26 AM
    ok...
    It's worked when you tried to keep bb browser open ?
    i edit the ipd with my own servicebook so i dont have to resend mine
    try this :
    backup your own service book
    download magicberry hxxp://menastep.com/pages/magicberry.php
    and try the merge ipd tool

another thing, delete manualy the servicebook file into your bb "Internet Browser BrowserConfig "
    and restore the ipd file
    03-01-11 09:53 AM
    or just buy an Android... No service books required...
    03-01-11 10:08 AM
    Thanks Boris, I will give that a try.

Dave I bought an Android device and found not only does it not need service book, It doesn't need service at all PERIOD. (I can still make and receive calls on it, surf the web, text, use android market, receive exchange email, play games, and not worry about my battery life at all)

I got mine setup doing everything over wifi. I just find the blackberry to be a better more efficient communication device (not to mention a MUCH better media player) overall.
    03-01-11 10:24 AM

. I just find the blackberry to be a better more efficient communication device (not to mention a MUCH better media player) overall.
    Which Android and OS version do you have that lacks a decent media player? thanks!
    03-01-11 10:28 AM
    Which Android and OS version do you have that lacks a decent media player? thanks!
    I have the Droid2 with froyo. 2.2 and 2.2.1

I have tried a few media players in the market, I tried the liberty ROM among others.

Part of it is just the nature of the touchscreen device, its not easy to control anything with out being able to look at the phone. This is a big issue for me because I put all my music on my phone and listen while driving through the aux port, sometimes Pandora some times from the sd card. It would be nice if I could edit the bluetooth profiles like I can on a blackberry so that I could use my head phones as a remote, but the A2DP and the remote BT features are a packaged deal it seems to me. Start stop and skip hard key controls are a massive convenience I don't want to give up.

Second the andoroid platform only recognizes art and id tags properly on mp3 files. What the carp google? Blackberry recognizes and plays pretty much everything.

I had a movie and it would not let me search. The movie would only play from the beginning each time. I could not fast forward. This same file worked fine on a BB9530.

Oh and I don't have to deal with my media player showing a bunch of audio files that I don't want it too. Seems to be an issue in android. I downloaded a game, and then some file or video shows up in my gallery or in my music.

Even while playing music files the phone sometimes has audio hiccups....caused by multi tasking or who knows. The blackberry always seems to play music with no hiccups, even if the phone is locking up and crapping itself the music goes on fine.

I have issues with some mp3 files I cant figure out for the life of me. They play fine on the blackberry, but for some reason won't on Android.

With A2DP the droid seems to have better range and is less prone to interference form microwave ovens especially, but when there are issues they are tough to identify. I actually had to exchange because the A2DP on my first droid2 was just garbage. My blackberries seem to play fine unless there is a microwave going.

Hey I like the droid2 better than the latest Ipod Touch and I like it better as a toy than my blackberry too. Just prefer the blackberry as my phone.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 03-01-11 at 12:42 PM.
    03-01-11 12:24 PM
    The megaupload link is returning a 404. Is there anywhere else?
    02-21-13 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD