Hello All,

Interesting website here and I NOTHING about BlackBerry whatsoever, but it seems like all the nice applications seem to be coming out for BlackBerry and not for WinMo.

I have a HTC 6800 (Mogul) on Sprint. I have unlimited everything (internet access, texting, video mail and picture mail) which I love so much, but have been getting so envious of the BlackBerry, especially when I learned I can get Yahoo! Messenger and the new Facebook application.

Primarily, I want to be able to look at some websites, use GMail, get my email from my Exchange account, use Yahoo Messenger and that damned Facebook app. Any other good suggestions for using a BB, apps, etc and who is the best provider? Verizon is out of the question, too pricey! Has anyone switched from a WinMo device such as mine and loved it or regretted it?

Thanks!
    01-17-08 06:34 PM
    If you want to maintain a lot of the cool features you probably are used to now, you would more than likely be happy with an 83xx series or a 81xx series, as those are the newest.

As far as providers, you're set if you go with a GSM carrier (like AT&T) because that is what RIM makes the newest devices for. Hope that helps some, let me know if you have any more questions.
    01-17-08 07:01 PM
    Hi,

My previous device was a windows mobile smartphone. I've had a BB 8830 for about 3 months now. The email is great. The devices stability is great. I don't think you will regret the change. Of course, you need to visit the providers store and look at the device you are interested in.
    01-18-08 06:15 AM
    I moved from a 8525 to the Curve and have absolutely no regrets. As far as a carrier goes I would check on local coverage first. It doesn't matter what you are paying if you are unable to get signal. Tmobile has the cheapest BB plans that I am aware of. Unfortunately for me there coverage here is horrible.

l I like ATT for there coverage and that they get all the new BBs first but there prices could be better.
    The only one I would stay away from is Verizon. They are expensive, disable anything they can on there devices to charge you extra to use them, and are the last to get the new BBs.
    01-18-08 09:29 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I actually went out and got the Pearl from T-Mobile to try it out since my sister has T-Mobile. This is quite a small phone and the keyboard is .... interesting. I was somehow able to get Sprint to switch out my Sprint Mogul/6800 for the BlackBerry 8830. I should have it soon, I think I will like that keyboard much better and a lot of the managers at my job have that phone and I liked it. The pearl is just a little too small for me, even though the lack of a camera will be upsetting.

The integration with some of the applications is cool and I love having the apps for NY Times, Google (all of them), Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo Go on the BB.
    01-18-08 04:26 PM
    I just switched from a Microsoft Windows Mobile: Professional 6-powered HTC (Dopod) 838Pro (generic name "HTC TyTN") to a RIM BlackBerry 8300 Curve, and whilst it's been only a few days, I'm pretty impressed so far...

The keyboard"s not quite as good as that on my 838Pro, but I'm slowly gettin' the hang of it.

The RIM operating system is noticibly faster and appears to be slightly more stable; one area it really shines above Windows Mobile: Professional 6 as an operating system is in memory management - my 8300 Curve operates quite comfortable with six or more applications running, which is something many Windows Mobile-based devices (but not really my former device) struggle with...

It's also nice to have a smaller and lighter device, that also offers longer usage times and no touch-screen.

My only real complaints?

There appears to be no out-of-the-box support for HTML-formatted e-mails, and it has so far proven extremely difficult to find BlackBerry software that I can install wirelessly; the built-in browser whilst fast, is also nothing to write home about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD