The surface tablets are really hard to beat. The price is a little high but even with my little venue pro running 8.1 its easy to see why they are a good choice for many business. Having full office products and full windows is something that can get things done over the competition IMO
    Laura Knotek, JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    04-22-14 11:24 PM
    Microsoft has more viruses and malware than you can shake a stick at. Just leave your anti virus off for 10 minutes and good luck. Windows 8 is a complete fail. Microsoft butchered their interface.

Posted via CB10

That's desktop Windows, not Windows Phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-23-14 05:29 AM
    The only thing it can impress me with is Cortana. Hope BlackBerry has something better coming.

Posted via CB10 on my lovely z30 B)
    04-23-14 05:38 AM
    I have a WP (521) with the developers preview of 8.1 installed. Right now, you should see the uproar of negative threads rolling across our WP sister site. Hopefully they sort out some things because releasing that preview to just about anyone, it might not of been a good move. I've never seen such a strong overwhelmingly negative reaction like this to an OS update.

They have to be careful. They'll draw in new people only for them to be scared away by disgruntled loyalists. =/

On that note, I think if BlackBerry was to release something awesome again in terms of hardware, I think they'd still have a chance to gain ground.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    04-23-14 05:50 AM
    Strange - I have a Lumia 920 with the 8.1 preview installed and it has been fine. Good buddy of mine installed it on his 1020 and no issues as well. Cortana is slick and actually quite useful. I am really looking forward to seeing what's up with 10.3, with some new features, and the enhanced voice assistant.

Posted via CB10
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-23-14 07:11 AM
    maybe with BBRY entering into the healthcare sector the risk of Windows, or any other viable company, making gains in the business sector will greatly lessen the negative effects on overall revenue..at least in the long-term

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    04-24-14 09:44 AM
    In fact, I wish the Z30 would read text messages through the car radio as smoothly as Cortana (and TellMe before that) can - one feature of the WP phones that I sorely miss on the Z30! I have bought the apps the supposedly do the same thing that Cortana and TellMe can do - limited success thus far. I am hoping to see the email and SMS integrated nicely into the car Bluetooth systems in future updates!
    04-25-14 02:17 PM
    In fact, I wish the Z30 would read text messages through the car radio as smoothly as Cortana (and TellMe before that) can - one feature of the WP phones that I sorely miss on the Z30! I have bought the apps the supposedly do the same thing that Cortana and TellMe can do - limited success thus far. I am hoping to see the email and SMS integrated nicely into the car Bluetooth systems in future updates!

Have you asked about app recommendations in the BlackBerry 10 apps forum? Perhaps someone might know about apps you haven't tried yet and are better than the two you've tried.

04-25-14 02:30 PM
    Have you asked about app recommendations in the BlackBerry 10 apps forum? Perhaps someone might know about apps you haven't tried yet and are better than the two you've tried.

Yeah - that's where I got the leads originally. I'll do some more digging later.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-14 11:30 AM
    Yeah - that's where I got the leads originally. I'll do some more digging later.

Good luck. 😊
    I hope you find something that works better for you.

04-26-14 12:19 PM
35 12