• 2 Post By lactose
  • 1 Post By 03_CTD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Windows phone 8

Hi

I just got a new lumia 920 I moved from 9900 .

but damn NOTHING can replace BBM BBMM emails on the BB WN8 is fun with the live tile but two weeks I miss my blackberry.

I cant wait for bb10 so I can sell this thing , I cant stand it I am thinking to get sell it and get 9860 so I can get used to touch screen .

what do you recommend guys ? I hope I am in the right section .

should I get another line ? or what ?

I want to hear a real BB fans like me .
    bitek and KDB84 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

try giving it a chance if your really set on partign with it do it now while the demand is still there, accordign to some folks the lumina 920 is a hot item so i'm sure soemone would pay full price for it if they can't get it from the store
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

You should have held onto your 9900...

What made you leave?
    XoXoXo
    kemj likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    PIN
    You can ask

go old school n buy a 9000! it will make the z10 even better!
    8900-9700-9780-9900
    JR A likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts

Imo wp8 is pretty cool, I'd stick with it as bb10 is only a few week away although I wouldn't have left my bold in a million years
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

well I switched carrier .

And I don't know I think I was stupid to get it it was 49$ and the bold 149$ on contract its was good deal then not now lo0ol .
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts

Dont know why you hopped on it.Its just wp7 refreshed I guess not everyone tested the wp7.Its pretty hard to jump from functionality to gimmicky fancy toys that dont even do basics properly.All these other phones are ''trending'' they are nothing but temporary stop gap fillers imo.

Might as well stick it out till bb10 drops its only a month just see if you can get this phoen of your contract.At the least test it some more give it a try you may like the ride.
    southlander likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    290BC3C6 (9900) / 500CF65B (PB)

Dropped the 9900 for the 920? #SMH

You now got 8980 reasons to regret it and only one to compensate the error.
    BlackBerry 10.
    I rock a BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Windows phone 8

Keep it for a couple months and sell it for BB10. It's really not all that feasible to sign a contract with a 9900 at this point either. At least this way you get experience with a different OS to know what you like and what you don't.
    8310-->9700-->3GS-->Infuse 4G-->9360-->9900-->iPhone 5
    KDB84 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

just WP7 refreshed
    WP7 was Windows CE/Mobile
    WP8 is real Win 8. I work on it.
    FWIW I don't really like Win8, and am hanging on with a BB9650 until new BB10 devices arrive.
    southlander and KDB84 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Windows phone 8

so you bought a windows 8 phone thinking you could get bbm on it?

well i'd suggest you hold on for bb10 if you want to switch back. and in the meantime, enjoy the battery life on the lumia. it's a marked improvement from the 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

Real fans would wait for BB10 this close to release. But now that you are using the WP8 I'd keep it until BB10 phone is available to you. You should be able to tough it out for a month and half to two months. It will just make you appreciate BB10 that much more when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sager-Naji View Post
    Hi

I just got a new lumia 920 I moved from 9900 .

but damn NOTHING can replace BBM BBMM emails on the BB WN8 is fun with the live tile but two weeks I miss my blackberry.
    Your best decision might be influenced by any period available to return the Lumia to supplier, and refunds/restock costs. Do you still have the 9900 (hardware)?
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts

OP, normally I would recommend hanging on to your new phone and selling it later for a BB10 device, but its looking like your win8 phone might not be worth the plastic its made of by the time BB10 is released. Sorry for your misfortune, good luck
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Windows phone 8

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    OP, normally I would recommend hanging on to your new phone and selling it later for a BB10 device, but its looking like your win8 phone might not be worth the plastic its made of by the time BB10 is released. Sorry for your misfortune, good luck
    Wow that's harsh!! You guys almost make me want to pick up a Windows 8 device to see if its the horribly useless, rehashed waste of plastic everyone claims. Not that I doubt any opinions here I just like to experience things for myself!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Default RE: Windows phone 8

I would try to stick with it until BB10 at least. I just got an HTC 8x and love it. Of course I still have my 9930 so I can switch between phones whenever I want, so that's easier for me to say.

I think Windows Phone 8 has the best touch keyboard right now. RIM looks to have something special with BB10's, but I'll be happy if it is just as good as WP8.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Z30 / iPhone 5s / Q10 / Lumia 925 / Moto X / PlayBook 64GB / Nexus 7 32GB
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Sounds like the op hasn't really used the device enough to know what its advantages / disadvantages are.

I have two windows phone 8 devices, - Lumia 822 and the HTC 8x - and while I'm not crazy about wp8, I will say I can understand why a lot of people are. It takes time to adjust to the way WP8 works. And I honestly believe that people who have always used a dumbphone will love WP8 as their first smartphone. The main problem with a ex BB user going to WP8 is the person is programmed to expect certain things to work in certain ways. It takes a lot of time to adjust to how WP8 works, but once you do it isn't horrible.

One big advantage with WP8 over BB is the ecosystem. The apps folks whine and cry about most here are on WP8. The two obvious apps are Netflix and Skype. But there are tons of other good apps available. Like with WP8 I actually look in the app store for apps. Something I haven't done in probably 6 or 7 months on my Bold 99 or PlayBook. With BB, I am just used to there not being any apps worth my time so I have no reason to look through the app world. The only 3rd party app I even use on my 99 is berry buzz. Everything else I use is made by RIM. With WP8 there are a lot of great apps to use. Not as much as Android, but more than enough to keep me happy.

I would recommend that the OP spend some time really trying to get to know the Lumia 920. Then sell it when BB10 launches if you still feel the same way.
    Thanked by:
    ooklah (12-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

I tested WP8 in the store, have a GSIII for a work phone, I still miss my blackberry too! common bb10!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts

I say return it and stick with your bold until bb10 comes out. If that is not an option, I say get an iPhone because that will have the highest resale value when you sell it to get a bb10 phone.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    Wow that's harsh!! You guys almost make me want to pick up a Windows 8 device to see if its the horribly useless, rehashed waste of plastic everyone claims. Not that I doubt any opinions here I just like to experience things for myself!
    Haha, I think you took that the wrong way. I meant no offense, it's just that the reviews have been less than stellar, and now they're going for about 20 cents a piece in china (Even though *supposedly* they can only produce about 600k units a month). So when I said it wouldn't be worth anything, I meant exactly that... The OP might end up in a situation where the phone can't be sold for a reasonable amount

Nokia Lumia: Discounts occurring on a variety of U.S. carriers | BGR
    The Mobile Opportunity That Nokia Let Slip Away - Forbes
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Windows phone 8

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    Haha, I think you took that the wrong way. I meant no offense, it's just that the reviews have been less than stellar, and now they're going for about 20 cents a piece in china (Even though *supposedly* they can only produce about 600k units a month). So when I said it wouldn't be worth anything, I meant exactly that... The OP might end up in a situation where the phone can't be sold for a reasonable amount

Nokia Lumia: Discounts occurring on a variety of U.S. carriers | BGR
    The Mobile Opportunity That Nokia Let Slip Away - Forbes
    Fair enough, my mistake! I will agree that the subsidized cost of these handsets have become essentially free however a quick check of used handset prices in my area suggest that the 920 is averaging $500 for resale currently. No doubt this price will drop by the launch of BB10 but, even if OP was able to get $350/$400 that would certainly make a nice dent into purchasing a full price device on launch day. It's my belief (ducks for cover) that L Series devices will be in the area if $250 on contract and perhaps $650 off contract so ultimately OP is potentially only out the $50 original subsidy price for the WP8 device.
    SlcCorrado likes this.