I'm a Windows Mobile user (Treo 750 being my main device) and I got a Blackberry Curve to try out for a pretty good deal and I'm wondering if its worth it to switch. Right now, I sync my Treo with mail2web so my contacts, tasks, and appointments are always updated. I tend to switch devices a lot (I've had the Treo, Tilt, 8525, Blackjack, all within the last 6 months) so MS Exchange Activesync keeps everything in check quite nicely. I NEVER sync with my computer as I find it to be a cumbersome experience as I travel for work anyways 5 days a week and don't want all of my personal information on my work laptop.

So, my question is, if I wanted to try out the full BB experience, what do I need to do? Do I need to get a special blackberry data plan? I have the PDA plan with AT&T right now with unlimited messaging. Also, is there anyway that I can avoid syncing to my desktop to get all of the information (PIM data) from my Treo? Anyway for a blackberry to "talk" to a MS Exchange Server? That's the biggest thing is that I don't want to mess with a different OTA provider to sync my PIM info to.
    02-20-08 02:21 PM
    How much data do you want to sync? The Blackberry Internet Service will sync mail over the air, but nor contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. A hosted exchange service would be necessary.
    02-21-08 06:00 AM
    Mail2Web has a BlackBerry sync option for $15 per month. I assume you would need BES plan tpo use it. I don't know T-Mobile's pricing/plan selection.

BIS would get you email, but no ther PIM data OTA -- cheaper than BES.
    02-21-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD