Hi,

I'm about to make the leap from WM to a curve on T-mobile and am looking forward to it. I am researching the "holy grail" of Outlook+gmail+berry functionality. I've read about the recent release of IMAP for gmail but it doesn't sound ready for primetime although I love the idea of real-time sync.

Do you all have any suggestions on the best outlook+gmail+berry configuration?

TIA,
    Rich
    11-10-07 10:59 PM
    Not sure exactly what type of answer your looking for here ...

Best answer I can give at this point is...Ya Gmail, Outlook, Blackberry are all great things lol...

Your gonna have to further explain what your trying to acheive here, syncing with outlook?
    while maintaining a gmail account?
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-10-07 at 11:07 PM.
    11-10-07 11:04 PM
    Here's a good way to set everything up...

Connect Outlook to Gmail via IMAP. All of your folders get synchronized to Outlook this way.

Connect through your BIS the normal way...forget about IMAP to the BlackBerry. This way you have immediate push email to your phone and all messages sent from the BlackBerry also show as sent in Gmail and Outlook.
    11-11-07 12:11 AM
    oh and welcome to the crack my friend...

you wont be sorry you jumped...

-db
    11-11-07 06:53 AM
    Thank you all for your responses. I'm particularly concerned with reconciliation between the berry inbox and outlook inbox. I am really interested in gmail's new IMAP but I'm not sure it's ready for prime time.
    11-11-07 09:30 PM
    You can also download the BBy Gmail app. I have mine set up this way. My Outlook is set up via IMPA. I get my gmail in my messages box via push mail. When I see something for my gmail account, depending on the type of mail, I either read it there or read it in the gmail app (gmail app handles http links better). If I read it in the messages box, I go to the gmail app and mark it read. This reconciles both my Outlook account and the BBy.
    11-14-07 08:24 AM
    This sounds interesting and accomplishes what I am looking for which is not to lose the outlook sent items. I lose them when I send mail from the berry because I have a filter in place to supress the gmail sent copy.

Thanks!
    Rich

Here's a good way to set everything up...

Connect Outlook to Gmail via IMAP. All of your folders get synchronized to Outlook this way.

Connect through your BIS the normal way...forget about IMAP to the BlackBerry. This way you have immediate push email to your phone and all messages sent from the BlackBerry also show as sent in Gmail and Outlook.
    11-22-07 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD