I see from the 'Similar Thread' warning that there are a few threads already with discussion of Windows Mobile. I hope what I've got to say you may find interesting and relevant. Note, I have never owned a Iphone and probably never will.

It started way back with the Sony Ericsson Xperia 1, a new handset that for the first few weeks loved, due to its keyboard and screen, although recessed and not flushed. At the time I was aware of Blackberry but that's all, I never took much notice tbh, sorry about that

Soon after, despite me embracing all Windows Mobile with all its tweaks and mods, problems developed and the handset had to go back for repairs. A week later, I sold it and purchased my first HTC handset, the Touch Diamond 2. Again I loved the tweaking, mods, ROM upgrades etc. At no point had I considered a Black Berry.

The the HTC HD2 arrived and I quickly sold the TD2 and managed to recap much of the money I paid for it which lessened the blow, the impact of the initial cost of the handset, I also received my Sony Ericsson Satio as a free upgrade which was sold at the same time.

The HD2 was like lightening, quick, large touch screen and I started again with the tweaks and mods, it started getting tedious by now. This, together with the many problems with the HD2 [the thing won't send sms messages properly despite a HOTFIX that didn't work] really began to frustrate me. lus the camera had a huge pink blob in the middle of pics, it was ridiculous.

Then just before Christmas, my wife [by her own admittance] is terrible at messaging and keeping in touch with friends via her mobile mentioned about her friend having a Blackberry.

Now after this time I began looking at these handsets, looked on this very forum and others to investigate the possibility of one for my wife as a Christmas present. I surprised her with a BB 8520, which I spent half a day setting it up, transferring her contacts etc. Anyway, I could stop playing with it and she loves it too.

What should I do? Without a second thought I purchased a BB 9700 Bold and sold my HD2 and haven't looked back in the 2 weeks we've been together.

I don't think I'll ever go back to Windows Mobile.

Thanks for reading
    01-06-10 03:51 AM
    Nice story. Love my new BB as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 04:47 AM
    Once you switch to BB, its like a (good) virus that gets in your bloodstream and makes you never want to go back. Or maybe I should say that its more like an innoculation against other phones!

Either way, welcome aboard!

01-06-10 06:37 AM
    I can understand your feelings. I had an HTC Touch when they first came out and I thought that it was a great phone....except I could never get my email to work quite right, and it would lock up everyone and again, and this and that....then the screen quit responding entirely.
    I am on Blackberry now and I don't think that I will ever go to another phone. They are great and work pretty effortlessly.
    01-06-10 07:10 AM
    I am exactly like ijob. I was a BB user and then got into windows mobile HTC Tilt and now I am using BB 9700 Bold. I cant say enough about 9700 Bold. After playing with BB 9700 for 2 days, I see why Windows Mobile sucks. It is very hard in Windows Mobile for any such small things to get it work.

Anyway, I am a happy BB user.
    01-06-10 07:23 AM
    Welcome! Hope you and your wife have a great time with your new Blackberries!
    01-06-10 07:29 AM
    you made a good choice with the 9700 its the best blackberry to date and a great phone
    01-06-10 08:45 AM
    I agree, I came to BB from an old WinMo device (Moto Q) and the change was dramatic. I just had the opportunity to play with a Touch Pro 2, which seems to be one of the better WinMo devices out there right now, and I honestly can't see myself ever going back. Its the little, almost intangible, things that makes the BB so fantastic.
    01-06-10 08:56 AM
    Hey, as they say, better late than never!! I had the Tilt for a while, and what a pain in the a$$ that phone was!! Every so often I pop my sim card in it just so that I can appreciate my BB when I go back to it!!
    01-06-10 09:10 AM
    I came from a long line of WM devices, QTEK 9100, Tilt, Blackjack, Treo 750, and Treo Pro. I also had two IPAQ WM PDAs prior to that. I got my 9700 the day it was available at our local store and have never looked back.

Glad you like yours ijob, have fun with your new toy.
    01-06-10 09:15 AM
    I'm with you - 100% converted. Definately getting that fuzzy feeling from my 6 month old Curve
    01-06-10 03:06 PM
    Nice story, and welcome to the community!

I sort of came from the same path, although I had a Dell Axim to go along with my RAZR. I had decided that I no longer wanted to carry two devices around all the time (my belt was starting to look like I was batman with phone, PDA, and Zune attached). My choices were Motorola Q, or BlackBerry. After a lot of research, I decided to go with BlackBerry and I haven't looked back.

For about a year, my wife teased me about how hooked I was on my BB. We got her a Curve last spring and now she is hooked, too.
    01-06-10 03:31 PM
    Off Topic

@Xopher, are you a Mad Tea Party fan?
    01-06-10 03:41 PM
    I came from the T-Mobile shadow to a 8320. I have been hooked ever since. I love my Storm 2.

01-06-10 03:44 PM
    I see from the 'Similar Thread' warning that there are a few threads already with discussion of Windows Mobile. I hope what I've got to say you may find interesting and relevant. Note, I have never owned a Iphone and probably never will.

It started way back with the Sony Ericsson Xperia 1, a new handset that for the first few weeks loved, due to its keyboard and screen, although recessed and not flushed. At the time I was aware of Blackberry but that's all, I never took much notice tbh, sorry about that

Soon after, despite me embracing all Windows Mobile with all its tweaks and mods, problems developed and the handset had to go back for repairs. A week later, I sold it and purchased my first HTC handset, the Touch Diamond 2. Again I loved the tweaking, mods, ROM upgrades etc. At no point had I considered a Black Berry.

The the HTC HD2 arrived and I quickly sold the TD2 and managed to recap much of the money I paid for it which lessened the blow, the impact of the initial cost of the handset, I also received my Sony Ericsson Satio as a free upgrade which was sold at the same time.

The HD2 was like lightening, quick, large touch screen and I started again with the tweaks and mods, it started getting tedious by now. This, together with the many problems with the HD2 [the thing won't send sms messages properly despite a HOTFIX that didn't work] really began to frustrate me. lus the camera had a huge pink blob in the middle of pics, it was ridiculous.

Then just before Christmas, my wife [by her own admittance] is terrible at messaging and keeping in touch with friends via her mobile mentioned about her friend having a Blackberry.

Now after this time I began looking at these handsets, looked on this very forum and others to investigate the possibility of one for my wife as a Christmas present. I surprised her with a BB 8520, which I spent half a day setting it up, transferring her contacts etc. Anyway, I could stop playing with it and she loves it too.

What should I do? Without a second thought I purchased a BB 9700 Bold and sold my HD2 and haven't looked back in the 2 weeks we've been together.

I don't think I'll ever go back to Windows Mobile.

Thanks for reading
    welcome to the wonderful world of BB.
    Btw nice story!
    01-06-10 11:51 PM
    Thank you all. It's nice to be part of a warm and friendly community.

Another thing that amazes me, the battery life! My old device lasted a day with a bit of use, plus wifi constantly on.

My Bold 9700 lasts days and days, with wifi active, a bit of use [more than the other wm device]. I also love the standby mode which improves battery life further.

I wonder why I wasted all that time [12 months] with windows mobile!

The future is Blackberry!
    01-07-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD