Like I have been saying I have yet to see ONE WP NOT ONE .....NOT EVEN A SINGLE ONE WP8...NOT ONE. NOT EVEN ONE. Looking at NOK Earnings Release one can understand. They sold very little in NA. http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...-released.html

I called it. all this time the microsoft paid employees coming here telling us WP8 is being sold like crazy//....LOL WP is finsihed. I have yet to see ONE WP......NOT ONE ....NOT EVEN ONE
    Sure.... Keep thinking about. And they sold 5.6 million lumia phones an increase in q4 2012
    04-18-13 01:37 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Phones without gestures are apparently antiquated but Windows 8 is terrible. Makes me smh.
    The complaints are that the gesture system isn't practical for laptops and desktops die to the small number of them with touch screens.
    They don't like using the tile gesture screen with a mouse. Not that gestures are no good.
    04-18-13 03:25 PM
    Sure you do Microsoft employees. They only shipped 400k in NA. I have yet to see one windows phone not one...not even a single windows phone. Not ONE. The Microsoft shills on cb are a joke.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:47 PM
    Windows 8 a flop and windows phone a flop. Keep telling your stories Microsoft employees
    I will post more links.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:48 PM
    Windows 8 a flop and windows phone a flop. Keep telling your stories Microsoft employees
    I will post more links.

Posted via CB10
    You need new material badly, mrfreeocd

sent from the slow as hell connection hanging Tapatalk app
    04-18-13 06:56 PM
    To begin with they deviated far away from proven and magic grid like home screen..in essence they poicked a 100% formula for failure..On top of they partnered with the worst possible company Nokia...disaster disaster disaster

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:56 PM
    Question :

Could MS make money by selling Apps that bring MS Office to all platforms including BB , Android and iOS ? Or is this a dumb idea?
    04-18-13 07:02 PM
    Sure you do Microsoft employees. They only shipped 400k in NA. I have yet to see one windows phone not one...not even a single windows phone. Not ONE. The Microsoft shills on cb are a joke.

Posted via CB10
    I have seen 1 WP8, 2 legacy BB's and zero Z10's in 2013 in east central FL. Before you scream that I'm a Microsoft shill, I currently use a Nexus 4 and my first 3 smart phones were BlackBerry's. Methinks you might want to relax
    m1a1mg likes this.
    04-18-13 07:13 PM
    I think MrFree"truth" needs some decaf.
    04-18-13 08:43 PM
    I'm on WP8 and have been for about a year. It's nothing flashy, but it does feel stable and reliable. The Nokia hardware is great and in the race for 3rd...who knows.

I like the new Z10, but it needs time. BB7 is great, and the Bold 9900...almost perfect. Z10 feels like too much of a departure from BBRY and yet not able to compete with new ultra phones like the HTC One or Samsung G4. And I think buttonless was a mistake. Convenience keys anyone?

I'm going with a One after the G4 forces the price down. 😉
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    04-18-13 09:01 PM
    I personally like my Asus with w8 and my wp8...its different for sure but I like new things and change so o don't really think its a flop most just aren't used to it and don't want to try to get used to it
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    04-18-13 09:07 PM
    That wood b downtown Redmond?

From my sweet BB10 Neutrino powered Z10
    04-20-13 09:28 PM
    I am yet to see one Windows one...I have already seen 2 Z10 s..and its only been launch for three weeks. I agree with original post that windows phone is horrible and z10 has a shot at no 3 in 2013 and probably no 2 in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:35 PM
    You need new material badly, mrfreeocd

sent from the slow as hell connection hanging Tapatalk app
    LOL, he copies and paste the same comment in every thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:45 PM
    What Windows did with W8, was theoretically the smartest business decision MS made, after giving their OS a GUI.

There exists not one OS, that is horizontallly so perfectly integrated like W8, be it: phones/tablets/the new xbox/PCs.

And this is more or less the future the whole industry is headed.
    Apple has the same plans, on offering a Desktop/Tablet OS soon.

Saying that: MS royaly effed up with their first version of W8.
    And Apple has gotten a costless case study, on how to enrage an existing consumer base, to the point that they flee to the competitor (or pay MORE to get W7). If you have 90+% of the global PC market, there are things that you just cannot change in a: "adapt or die" manner.
    This is shown by the sales stat of W8.

That more and more notebooks especially, are beginning to hit price tags they had 3 years ago (more than 1,3k$ without a touchscreen) does not help them at all, to get a nice adoption rate for W8. Some of these notebooks are hitting MacBook pro Retina price tags, without a retina display. This is where it becomes ridiculous.
    If your product costs more than the ones from the competition (remember the chromebook pixel?) and offers faaar less, then you are kind of in a bad situation.
    I think everyone will agree with me, that paying 1.5k for a notebook with an Intel HD4000 in it, is a really stupid decision cost/performance wise.

It doesn't help them, that the sub 600$ sector, is now populated by tablets as well. This is one reason why they had to make a switch for W8.
    Because consumers do not buy PC/Notebooks anymore, if they only want to consume.
    Why should they, as tablets are perfect for that?

The decision to unify the OS was brilliant, and the only viable business strategy MS had, because of their 90% market share.
    But their design decisions are just sooooooo bad.

Going back to BBRY:
    In the phone market, they have a good chance right now. It is far from being saturated, the costs for devices that are "Good enough" are going down and they have some nice USP as well as the comeback factor.

But they have 2 really big problems.

1) For the consumer market, they only make phones. (and a discontinued tablet, that cost BBRY more, than it earned them)

Why is that a problem? Well, look at Samsung and Apple. You can like/hate them, but they have diversified businesses and that works really well for them.
    If one of their compartiments would fail, that would be irrelevant for them, as long as it is small enough.

Now let us look at Nokia and BBRY. If they fail with their handsets... Well, they are gone for ever (Or in Nokia's case, until MS buys them).
    At a certain point, BBRY should diversify. (Either through OS licencing or by penetrating the market with new hardware/services)

2) They need all the mainstream apps. Meaning they are highly dependent on third parties, to play nice with them.
    Why that is a problem... Well, it hinders sales, to non techie people that are used to have "their" apps on a device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-21-13 at 09:44 AM.
    04-21-13 02:05 AM
    The problem with windows 8 is that they are pushing a tablet UI on desktops and laptops... they should release a desktop mode for Windows 8 to restore the original start menu.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:28 AM
    The problem with windows 8 is that they are pushing a tablet UI on desktops and laptops... they should release a desktop mode for Windows 8 to restore the original start menu.

Posted via CB10
    I may not like W8, because of the UX. And that it was primarly deigned for tablets/convertibles/notebooks with touchscreens, is not a secret.

But the start menu is definitely not their biggest design issue. If it even is one.
    Nobody who uses a Mac/iPad/Xoom tablet, misses the traditional start menu, for exemple. And everybody who likes W8 will tell you exactly the same thing

They have far bigger design and usability issues, than the Start menu.

We also shouldn't forget about Windows Blue.
    http://www.zdnet.com/reading-between...on-7000014239/

They will probably bring back the Start Menu in the Pro version.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:38 AM
    Well personally I've brought back my start menu on my windows 8 laptop from the startisback program.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I'm of the belief that the Metro UI works perfectly fine with desktop computers. Both Metro and Desktop are just a grid of icons! If Microsoft just threw away the Desktop and then added some Desktop features (like the Start menu) to Metro and "X" to exit on top of apps, everything would be fine. I don't see a problem with having two different ways to exit a program or scroll around or switch apps.

It more forcibly gets consumers to try Metro and eliminates the message that Metro is not good for non-touchscreens. By giving us two interaces, it confused consumers and propagated the myth that one interface is fundamentally different from the other when they're both pretty much the same.

Switching around Metro and Desktop mode just wasn't the most practical solution for anyone. It isn't a good solution for those who primarily use Desktop (or Metro) because they have to deal with Metro (or Desktop). It isn't good for those who use both because they have to switch between the interfaces a dozen times.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 04-21-13 at 11:46 AM.
    04-21-13 11:33 AM
244 ... 8910