Hi, first off it has nothing what so ever to do with desktop manager or windows recognizing the phone.

Windows 7 64bit and using the latest bb usb drivers. I have an HP G60 120US laptop, which could be the problem.

I will plug my bb in and windows auto play will pop up asking what I want to do. I close that out. I will be doing other things and all of a sudden I will get the auto play window again. This will keep happening off and on while the bb is connected.

I have power management off for my usb ports. Could it be my cable (one that came with the phone) or the port on my bb or my laptop?

Thanks for any insight.
    10-29-10 10:12 AM
    Hi, first off it has nothing what so ever to do with desktop manager or windows recognizing the phone.

Windows 7 64bit and using the latest bb usb drivers. I have an HP G60 120US laptop, which could be the problem.

I will plug my bb in and windows auto play will pop up asking what I want to do. I close that out. I will be doing other things and all of a sudden I will get the auto play window again. This will keep happening off and on while the bb is connected.

I have power management off for my usb ports. Could it be my cable (one that came with the phone) or the port on my bb or my laptop?

Thanks for any insight.
    Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/AutoPlay, disable it from there. Autorun is pretty much a security risk anyway so you're better off not using it.
    10-29-10 11:06 AM
    Yeah, I normally have that turned off. The problem still exist however when I use my phone as modem. It will disconnect all the time.
    10-29-10 11:22 AM
    Yeah, I normally have that turned off. The problem still exist however when I use my phone as modem. It will disconnect all the time.
    Might be a driver issue then; get into Device Manager with your device connected, scroll down to USB and peripherals, and delete anything labeled BlackBerry. Shut down your PC, wait about 30 seconds or however long enough it takes for your drives to spin down, and during that unplug your device. Restart, when you get to your desktop plug in your device and let it reinstall the drivers. Hopefully it's that simple.
    10-29-10 12:23 PM
    I have an HP DV5 and I have the same issue. it will make the connect and dissconnect sounds all the time. Sometimes I cannot connect it to desktop manager, it's really random.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 01:11 AM
    Mine too. And my PC was built. I also have a third party wall charger which you Plug the USB cord into to charge your phone.. It also does the sound randomly. So I don't believe its the drivers on my pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD